Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: lake mead labor day story

MONEYFURNOTHIN
    I asked you the question BUD
    Actualy I WAS THERE.......... now what?

little rowe boat
    Wow ! this thread sure has divided the forum peeps.
    Cops VS. Non Cops. :argue:

Tequila-John
    Actualy I WAS THERE.......... now what?
    Cool for you. Just asked a question bud. SIMMER

Desert Rat
    My .02 on this whole thing is like Kilr said THREE sides to every story... I do however see the attitude of cops sticking up for cops here. I feel one would not point out an azzhole cop for fear of retaliation from thier fellow officers! I think the question has been poised more then once to the LE on this board, do you know of fellow offices that have been in the wrong and did you or would you do anything. Whose side would you be on in court if asked to appear? There are LEO’s that have bad days as we all do and dealing with scum and pissed off citizens all day would definitely wear on me for sure hence I don’t belong to the brotherhood. I do find the comments of Blown however to be somewhat out of line. With this all said I know I would have been pissed if my child was removed form my boat AND motored away, I however would have accepted the ticket I would have kept my mouth shut and if I felt the cop was out of bounds I would have filed a complaint after the fact. Believe me it works. Most agencies keep citizen complaints on file for a long time and they do reflect on the officer. Off the soapbox :argue:

slink
    My .02 on this whole thing is like Kilr said THREE sides to every story... I do however see the attitude of cops sticking up for cops here. I feel one would not point out an azzhole cop for fear of retaliation from thier fellow officers! I think the question has been poised more then once to the LE on this board, do you know of fellow offices that have been in the wrong and did you or would you do anything. Whose side would you be on in court if asked to appear? There are LEO’s that have bad days as we all do and dealing with scum and pissed off citizens all day would definitely wear on me for sure hence I don’t belong to the brotherhood. I do find the comments of Blown however to be somewhat out of line. With this all said I know I would have been pissed if my child was removed form my boat AND motored away, I however would have accepted the ticket I would have kept my mouth shut and if I felt the cop was out of bounds I would have filed a complaint after the fact. Believe me it works. Most agencies keep citizen complaints on file for a long time and they do reflect on the officer. Off the soapbox :argue:
    DR, I think alot of people may have the same point of view as you, but let me give you the flip side of the coin from LEO point of view. This might be alittle long, so I appologize ahead of time.
    Remember Mr. King's incident in 1991, do you remember who the Sergeant was on scene? Stacy Koon. Sgt. Koon never layed a hand on Mr. King yet went to Federal prison for 3yrs, lost his pension and pretty much ruined his life. Why did he go to prison? It's called vicarious liability. According to the jury, He failed to exercise his duties as a supervisor to stop the abuse.
    Since that incident, departments nation wide have spent millions of millions of dollars training FTO's, Corporal's, Det's, Sgt and up the chain on vicarious liability. They have drilled into our heads that if we fail to do our duties as "supervisors", "Senior Officers", not only is the department responsible, but so are we as individuals. Which means good bye homes, kids college funds (or DCB's for some) and retirement. So they days of looking away or not reporting are pretty much gone (I know the haters won't believe me). If someone "F's" up, he'll take his lumps and deal with it and he knows it.
    With that said, go back to the original thread. Who was Deputy Allen's partner that day? Your right, his Sergeant. With what was said above, do you think the Sergeant is going to sit by and let one of his subordinates make a "False arrest" thus opening the department and further, himself up for a huge $$$$ law suit. vicarious liability is nothing to joke about, and I for one am not willing to lose everything I have worked hard for the past 16yrs. I for one still believe that ethics and integrity is honored amongst LEO and believe in it until individuals prove themselves other wise (yes, I have known/met a few).
    If you don't believe me on the vicarious liability? Let's ask Boat Cop. He seems to be the resident authority amongst the crowd. Alan, would you just sit by and let one of your Dep's knowingly make a false arrest? I know I put you on the spot, so let me answer it for you....NO (feel free to post your own reply)
    With Deputy Allen's Sergeant on scene and witnessing the entire event, did jaevo file a complaint right then and there? No? Why not? Makes me wonder. Was he just waiting to seek out the advise from all the hot boat lawyers? Again, makes me wonder. I guess we'll just have to wait for his day in court to see how it turns out. Just one LEO's perspective.
    BTW, remember last week in the thread about the horrible accident that claimed the life of the Gibson's (RIP)? The press put out that it was a "jet boat" accident. Most of the "Hot Boat Fraternity" blew a gasket. What were some of the comments, "How dare they say it was a jet boat", "F'n press" and the likes. We'll you ever think the press gets it wrong about police corruption and abuse? Think about it. Maybe now you'll understand why we tend to protect our own, just like you guys did when the press attacked one of yours, it's called human nature. Flame on haters Slink 10-98

Kilrtoy
    WOW, SLINK, well said and I aint losing my DCB for anyone, nor my freedom, wife kids house or lifestyle.....

slink
    WOW, SLINK, well said and I aint losing my DCB for anyone, nor my freedom, wife kids house or lifestyle.....
    It will still be my pleasure to take a ride in it one day

socalmoney
    Wouldn't it be funny if all these posters wound up in the court room on Jeavo's court date to see the proceedings? Jeavo, try to get your court date moved to a Friday.

Desert Rat
    Slink Point well taken, from what I read on this post there are the LE that post a straight forward answer without the smack, those are most likely the LE's that are upstanding and honorable the others…..well??. I have to tell you a Professor once told me "In every aspect of society resides every aspect of society” In short there are cops that are liars, thieves, punks, and well you get the picture. I just don’t buy that every situation will be the perp’s fault and if not that a fellow cop would step in and defuse the situation. Granted an irate citizen can and in most cases is a bitch but do I feel the Cop will always be right…. No friggen way!! It seems in this case (IMO) the cop should have just said (after the ticket of course) have a nice day it’s getting dark you all have a safe trip back to the dock. What was gained by the cop arresting the guy???? He wasn’t drunk just maybe common sense challenged at the time in the cops eyes. I have witnessed AND been on the end of both types of situations and believe me a calm cop is worth his wait in gold to defuse a situation! No disrespect to LE profession (have family members that are cops) but I would bet you a lifetime of wages that Azzhole cops exist and are not stopped or checked as often as the should be!! Just saying that this just may have been one of those times. Again thanks for your calm intelligent responses to this thread! DR :rollside:

slink
    Wouldn't it be funny if all these posters wound up in the court room on Jeavo's court date to see the proceedings? Jeavo, try to get your court date moved to a Friday.
    I'm in court almost everyday , but would be up for a road trip to find the "truth"

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425