Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: i made a mistake

fakethis
    Mike what u been up to ? U workin on the latest small block attack vehicle.
    Santa gonna bring u a helmit and chute jacket and maybe a nice Big Block ! Oh Have a Nice Day ! :rollside:

miketsouth
    Mike what u been up to ? U workin on the latest small block attack vehicle.
    Santa gonna bring u a helmit and chute jacket and maybe a nice Big Block ! Oh Have a Nice Day ! :rollside:
    Been planning the new motor...cant seem to do it cheap enough so it makes sense to do it, yet. I think i need at least 420cid.... I am looking for 450hp @ 5500 and the ability to absorb another 150shot, or 600hp @ 6000 all thru them stellings headers. Oh yeah that is not dyno horsepower that is jetpump horsepower. somehow there seems to be a difference. It is calculated by
    1hp/cid @ 5000rpm 9:1 compression.
    Making a stroker hold up to the stress that i will put it to is another thing...WOT for miles and miles...NOS for minutes...pistons and clearances able to tolerate drasticly changing water temps...errors in operation (this is what the basicly stock small block does best)...
    i dont like the 400 blocks....
    i dont like external balance...
    i dont know enough about small base circle cams or what it takes to get the valvetrain geometry right with one....
    i dont want to afford a roller cam
    I dont want a high lift cam
    I dont want to use high octane gas.
    i dont want to spend any money.
    on the other hand
    good stuff is available relatively cheep for the SBC, even blocks. If i have to machine it myself with sandpaper, a file and a dremmel to afford it, i will. I have a cam guy to talk to and give me advice.
    oh yeah, did i mention you aint gonna like it.

miketsouth
    Dont make another u know small block. :crossx:
    bbbbbbbbbb goodddddddddddd
    bring that big block to the Pax and say that
    pertanate matter of fact, if i can work things out, bring it to Jacks next year and say that.
    I should be up at my moms for thanksgiving too....i will give you a call.

fakethis
    MighteyWhitey is for sale less eng. Make me a offer im letting it go. I'll pull the eng and everything else will stay in the boat. Its a 2001 19ft Cheynne copy.
    1-301-991-4880 Mike.............................................. ................

jets4me
    Mike sell my motor ,Hell sell the whole dam thing boat and all hey is your dad done with that pump if not it does not matter i think this weekend would be good for me to visit for some cold one's maybe i could get buck to roll up with me

LAND_LOVER69
    Mike sell my motor ,Hell sell the whole dam thing boat and all hey is your dad done with that pump if not it does not matter i think this weekend would be good for me to visit for some cold one's maybe i could get buck to roll up with me
    Welcome back Iron Mike! :crossx:

miketsouth
    figures: got to work saturday...welcome back

Out2Lunch
    ttt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12