Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yes you CAN make parts at home

TJS
    Looks good 396. You would love a Bpt machine with a DRO. Nice Job.
    T.J.
    www.tjsperformance.com

BrendellaJet
    I haven't tried a router, but a jig saw with a fine toothed blade or a table saw with a plywood blade cut up to half inch aluminum like butter.

widowmaker
    They say the first time is a learning curve...........I'm bring my Daytona over to your house for second session. Have the tools out n ready . NICE WORK 396 !!!!
    I'll second that, that my friend is some sharp looking work. You can work on my daytona any day

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Looks good.
    now whats with the autozone brake and parts cleaner i thought you work for kragen!!!
    Thats from when I used to work for Autozone. Now I work for Car Quest NEVER Kragen :yuk:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Nice job there.
    Next time you should consider 1/2 for your transom plate, 3/8 just might not be thick enough.

Just funnin with ya.
    Good work.
    Brian
    LOL, I believe they are 1/4. I have a thinner set but they flex so I made them thicker. Im thinking of maybe 1" next time
    Our country fought in and "won" two world wars, 40 years before CNC machines were developed.
    Many parts can be made with simple hand tools if someone were to dedicate the effort.
    Like I said, good job.
    Just a suggestion, put a chamfer on all the edges of the plate before you install it. It will look nice and will stop the plate from becoming a shear against your transom by taking away the sharp edge.
    I will round all the edges when I polish them

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    396, Is the pump in that thing setback or not? I was thinking of doing the same thing but was not sure how to tackle the hand hole deal. Thanks for the great pics.
    Steve
    The pump was setback when I got the boat.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Very nice. How did you make the bowed part for the handhole? There must have been some welding done? I want to make a cover like that for my dads boat, but the handhole has always stopped me, I don`t have aluminum welding capabilities yet..
    Spitter,
    The plates are lookin good. Definitely post up some pictures of how you did the handhole relief as there are lots of folks that would like to try that mod.
    Chris
    The part that your reffering to was made "Brian Busby". I can take more pics of it tonight.

Bigern
    nice work michael. the intake worked great, thanks again

The part that your reffering to was made "Brian Busby". I can take more pics of it tonight.
    That part was kind of a pain in the ass to make ... a lot of tig welding and posterboard templates.
    I started with a 6" piece of alum pipe and cut it in 1/2 ... heated it with a torch and started bending it to spread it ... it took about 2 days to make ...
    As 396 said ... anything can be done with paitence and some basic tools.
    Looking good Mike!
    BB

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123