Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Is it possible to break 100 mph with a jet?

Sleeper CP
    e514Jet,
    I saw your question about turbo's, now you are really talking about alot of $$$. I'll give you some free advise..that should tell you what it is worth. If you want to get the biggest bang for your buck you might want to consider, 1: get rid of the Iron heads and get a set of any of the following Alumi heads; Blue Thunder,Trick Flow, Ford Motorsport SCJ or Jon Kaase's new heads. Any one of them will probably add at least 50 hp if not more and you'll save at least 60 lbs off the back of the boat. You might also be able to bump the Compression up to 10:1. You would be surprised how much throttle responce will change from 9:1 to 10:1 ,it just gives you alittle more pop. 2: I'm assuming since you are running iron heads, you probably don't have a roller cam in it. Put a good quality roller cam in it. Along with the head swap you'll add some serious hp 100-125 and a bunch of trq. depending on the combo. Then put your Nos on top of that, it will be a differnt boat for God only knows how much less than going the turbo route. But if you got the bucks and the time turbo's would be fun.
    If you turbo it, you are going to need a good set of heads anyway. So even if you don't do the roller cam right away you can start with the heads.
    Sleeper CP

e514jet
    Sleeper,
    thanks for you input. all the info helps. I had thought about those options when i built the boat. More CR and aluminum heads. I stayed away from aluminum heads actually for the reason I run in brackish water. Some guys say it doesn't make a difference and others say it does when it comes to corrosion. The CR I kept down because in the event that good gas was not
    available on the water it would not matter so much. The current cam is a lanati flat tappet(245/255@50 615/622) which actually performs well in my current set up. Not the best grind for a turbo though. Lobe sep is only 110
    and turbos typically like around 115-116.

Jet Hydro
    If I throw my 950 hp. 355 ci small block out of my drag car in this boat, is it possible to hit anywhere near 100 mph with this hull design and pump?
    Thanks, Ryan
    :idea: Maybe ??
    Bring $$$ and come by my shop and we can find out!
    I love to take on boats like this one
    Steve

FASTJTBT
    I remember back in the 80s old man wilder put at small block in the dennis the mence 19 daytona the ran it down at lost lake it put most of the cp on there trailers it ran mid teens

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314