Thread: Sanger Hydro hulls

mjfifield
    Anybody know much about Sanger Hydro hulls? I bought a '73 picklefork drag hull in perfect shape (show boat for 20 yrs.) It is a heavy layup and looks like a 5 rib without any ribs. One of the few that I have seen without any ribs. has OB stering and small 'tunnels' that go almost to the back of the boat. I drove it one time at CFW and it was very different than my Sanger ski hydro. The nose sits VERY low when on plane. Do all drag hulls ride like that? I am starting the process of upgrading all hardware to 1 1/8" w/whirl-away, etc. Any information/input would be great. BTW, I have a 598 w 14-71 on gas for it.

79centurion
    Try moving the motor back if it rides too low in the front. Your motor may be alot heaver than it was setup for in that position. Move it back a few inches and try again.

snake321
    Anybody know much about Sanger Hydro hulls? I bought a '73 picklefork drag hull in perfect shape (show boat for 20 yrs.) It is a heavy layup and looks like a 5 rib without any ribs. One of the few that I have seen without any ribs. has OB stering and small 'tunnels' that go almost to the back of the boat. I drove it one time at CFW and it was very different than my Sanger ski hydro. The nose sits VERY low when on plane. Do all drag hulls ride like that? I am starting the process of upgrading all hardware to 1 1/8" w/whirl-away, etc. Any information/input would be great. BTW, I have a 598 w 14-71 on gas for it.
    Isn't that a lake hydro?