Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: 'Hook' question.. should this area be filled in??

Hey Squirtcha!!!
    I want to thank you for all the documentation and photos you supplied in your quest to get the bottom problems worked out. Flipping the boat was GREAT!!! I don't know if you solved your issues but at least you took the time to show how it is done.
    Thanks again,
    Greg
    p.s. your email link on your web site "Flipping the Boat" doesn't work.
    Well.........Thank you. I'm glad someone found it at least somewhat useful.
    Glad it helped. I kinda mentioned earlier on in this fray of a post that all the work done in the photos and on the website actually did what it was supposed to. If you're looking to do yours, you're pretty safe doing that same section that I did.
    The bit I'm dealing with now is a different deal. Don't be afraid to follow the steps that are on the webpage now. That part works.
    Now the area outboard of that seems to be a different story (at least in the case of my boat). After the boat got damaged I did the necessary repairs and made it perfectly straight. That's when the porpoise problem came up. I've since added just a bit of hook and it settled down, but at the cost of some speed. I'll keep after it though.
    Thanks for the heads up on the link. I've fixed it.
    Dan

GAWnCA
    Well.........Thank you. I'm glad someone found it at least somewhat useful.
    Glad it helped. I kinda mentioned earlier on in this fray of a post that all the work done in the photos and on the website actually did what it was supposed to. If you're looking to do yours, you're pretty safe doing that same section that I did.
    {snipped}
    Thanks for the heads up on the link. I've fixed it.
    Dan
    Dan, I hope you don't mind if I ask questions. As I stated before, this will be my first jet and I bought a 1975 Miller, 18'. Needs some cosmetic work for now, like plumbing replaced with braids, and the wiring cleaned up. Then some gel-coat repairs. I know darn well it's going to be different than a "V" bottom or the old flat hydros I use to play with.
    Thanks again,
    Greg

or it will not load properly, not run worth a shit
    I think something along the lines of this will be the outcome.

Dan, I hope you don't mind if I ask questions. As I stated before, this will be my first jet and I bought a 1975 Miller, 18'. Needs some cosmetic work for now, like plumbing replaced with braids, and the wiring cleaned up. Then some gel-coat repairs. I know darn well it's going to be different than a "V" bottom or the old flat hydros I use to play with.
    Thanks again,
    Greg
    Lotsa folks on here know way more than I do. I'm a back yard hacker. I'll be more than happy to help where I'm able though.

n8dawg
    Like I said before: contact Miller boats
    If you want to save yourself a bunch of time on this contact Jim Miller of
    www.millercustomboats.com they should point you in the right direction for your type of hull. Good people too!
    Good luck...sorry I should of thought of this earlier.

Moose
    GaWnCA, Turn on your PM's

OverKill
    Lotsa folks on here know way more than I do. I'm a back yard hacker. I'll be more than happy to help where I'm able though.
    NO Dan you are one hell of a Back Yard Hacker. There isn't a shop in town that would take Beer and Cashews for work to be done.
    I'll see you this winter for the back yard motor build.
    OverKill

ol guy
    Arron, put it back together and CAREFULLY try it, the worst thing that will happen is you will learn. Then take how the boat acted and go from there. And the spoon idea in the photo! Turn up the water pressure. Good luck and hpoe to hear from you soon.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567