PDA

View Full Version : ***boat.com forums outage

***boat
07-19-2004, 09:32 AM
At some point early Monday morning there was an error writing to the database that caused a corruption. The database has been reset to Sunday nights backup.
As for the Arabic looking writing we are not sure what that was yet, but I have a screen shot on the way to some people who know about that sort of stuff and we are looking into it.
Please keep all discussion about this matter in this thread. Other threads will be removed.
- ***boat

Garrddogg
07-19-2004, 09:41 AM
There were two different things said , I have screen shots of them both saved in a word doc

cdog
07-19-2004, 09:44 AM
Are we not supposed to say anything about this in fear of retalliation?:confused:

***boat
07-19-2004, 09:49 AM
?? You can say whatever you want about what was said. I don't have a translation back yet.

Dr. Eagle
07-19-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by cdog
Are we not supposed to say anything about this in fear of retalliation?:confused:
Kinda makes you wonder if the site's been "pirated" ....................................he he he he.....

***boat
07-19-2004, 09:57 AM
Well whatever it was I am turning everything over to the people who deal with this sort of stuff.

dmontzsta
07-19-2004, 09:59 AM
My PM's are all jacked up now. On Saturday I went through and filed them in folders and delete a ton of them, the deleted ones seem to be back and some newer ones are missing. Any idea on how to retrieve them?

topless
07-19-2004, 10:03 AM
My pm's dissappeared but then reappeared about an hour ago.

hoolign
07-19-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Force 26
There were two different things said , I have screen shots of them both saved in a word doc
I did not see them ..just what is the Arabic symbal for * :p

JetBoatRich
07-19-2004, 10:04 AM
Looks like all of the post from Sunday are gone:confused:

hoolign
07-19-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by topless
to bad all womens "P.M's would'nt dissappear forever :D

topless
07-19-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by hoolign
to bad all womens "P.M's would'nt dissappear forever :D :yuk: ;)

dmontzsta
07-19-2004, 10:07 AM
I guess I will wait until tonight and hope they come back. I had cleaned it all out and spent about 15 minutes going through them on Saturday.

Dr. Eagle
07-19-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by hugh jascock
what a shame we lost all that valuable info in the "bench racer's" forum!:D :D
LOL... ain't that the truth...:D

Tom Brown
07-19-2004, 10:52 AM
I'm pretty sure Debbolas did it.

Dr. Eagle
07-19-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Tom Brown
I'm pretty sure Debbolas did it.
To get even for all of those polls and threads about Scream injuring himself.... good point...:D

RiverKitty
07-19-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by hugh jascock
Hot Boat Forums maybe under attack?
Reuters-
Ben Ahmad Calcutta Journal July 6, 2004
Israeil Intelligence has uncovered a threat to an American internet forum. Muhammad Farqari and another reliable source have released documentation discovered while searching Hamas safe house indicates Al-Jazeera and Osama Bin laden himself have focused their sites on ***boat.com an American leisure time bulletin board. It is believed Bin Laden has discovered the huge Republican brain trust that exists there and has no choice but to eliminate the infidel's foreign policy think tank once and for all. It is believed this attack will dessimate any momentum the Bush campaign has gained over the last four years.
This article sounds bogus! There is no logic in it whatsoever! I've searched the internet to find the URL to this article and came up with nothing!
"It is believed Bin Laden has discovered the huge Republican brain trust that exists there and has no choice but to eliminate the infidel's foreign policy think tank once and for all. It is believed this attack will dessimate any momentum the Bush campaign has gained over the last four years."
"Huge Republican brain trust"? :confused:
Can you even use the words, "brain, trust, or think tank" in the same sentence with ***boat forums??? :confused: J/K!!! :D
But seriously, what does ***boat forums have to do with the Bush campaign???????
However, I am still perplexed by the events that happend yesterday. I've never seen a website hacked before that left an Arabic quote on it. :confused: ....and the plot thickens! If the article is in anyway true, don't you think these terrorists would be stalking hot boat members? How do you know they won't show up at a boating event posted on the forum? Or maybe they already have? Kinda scary if ya think about it. Maybe it was just some kid who hacked Hot Boat as a practical joke?
I hope Hot Boat finds out who was responsible for this.

OLDRAT
07-19-2004, 12:01 PM
RK,
Nope, can't be bogus, I'm sure Hugh checked all his sources before pasting it. Larry Flynt would not let us post anything that was not on the up and up.
You know Osama is going to take our boats and use them against us, don't you? :D

Dr. Eagle
07-19-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by RiverKitty
I hope Hot Boat finds out who was responsible for this.
My bet is that person(s) will be found right between Texas and Oklahoma... kind of the Middlewest...LOL...

RiverKitty
07-19-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by OLDRAT
RK,
Nope, can't be bogus, I'm sure Hugh checked all his sources before pasting it. Larry Flynt would not let us post anything that was not on the up and up.
You know Osama is going to take our boats and use them against us, don't you? :D
Even if the article IS bogus (and we all know it is), what's up with the Arabic writing on HBF yesterday???
Just seems kind of bizzare is all.

Kim Hanson
07-19-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by ***boat
?? You can say whatever you want about what was said. I don't have a translation back yet.
I tried that also, it came back zippo.........nothing in the Data Base :( ........( . )( . )......

Dr. Eagle
07-19-2004, 12:15 PM
Even if the article IS bogus (and we all know it is), what's up with the Arabic writing on HBF yesterday???
Just seems kind of bizzare is all. Ben Achmed Journal....... (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51615&perpage=25&pagenumber=1)
This is the thread where this was taken from... there is no article.
As for the arabic writing... well.. you decide...

RiverKitty
07-19-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Kim Hanson
I tried that also, it came back zippo.........nothing in the Data Base :( ........( . )( . )......
One translation site gave me this "Not accept your dignitary Yaakhnazeer" :confused:

Kim Hanson
07-19-2004, 12:44 PM
One translation site gave me this "Not accept your dignitary Yaakhnazeer" :confused:
Thats funny........( . )( . )......:D :D

RiverKitty
07-19-2004, 12:46 PM
We're DOOOOOOMED!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :D

topless
07-19-2004, 01:31 PM
What the hell is Yaakhnazeer? :confused:

InKahntrol
07-19-2004, 01:53 PM
I heard a story on CNN a few months ago discussing how some of the terrorist networks were using unsecured web forums as a means of relaying information and orders to cells in western countries. When I logged onto the HB forum last night and saw that arabic writing, I contacted the L.A. office of the FBI. The lady who answered was very polite and informed me that several other people had already called and reported it, and that they were going to look into it. My girlfriend got pissed off and said I was making a big deal out of something that was probably just a prank, but my philosophy is that these days you can't be too careful. The Japanese gave us a little warning before Pearl Harbor when a small sub surfaced outside the bay, and nobody did anything about it. You all know what happened after that....
Dan

Kim Hanson
07-19-2004, 01:54 PM
What the hell is Yaakhnazeer? :confused:
I think its along the same lines as a " Canatard "...( . )( . ).....:D :D ;)

HammerDown
07-19-2004, 02:46 PM
As for the Arabic looking writing we are not sure what that was yet,
- ***boat
I thought a bunch of 7-11 employees took over the site.:D

Kilrtoy
07-19-2004, 02:50 PM
The Japanese gave us a little warning before Hiroshima when a small sub surfaced outside Pearl Harbor, and nobody did anything about it. You all know what happened after that....
I think you had it right the first time Peral harbor......
12-07-41

Dr. Eagle
07-19-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by HammerDown
I thought a bunch of 7-11 employees took over the site.:D
Maybe it was arabic for "would you like a squishee with that?"
:D

hack job
07-19-2004, 04:08 PM
my pm's are also messed up i missing two or three and the ones i sent on sunday are gone? any idea when these will be returned?:(

Boatcop
07-19-2004, 04:21 PM
You know Osama is going to take our boats and use them against us, don't you?
I wouldn't worry so much about Osama taking your boats. I'd worry more about the Coast Guard.
Since the CG doesn't have enough boats to patrol the Southwest's water supply (Lake(s) Mead, Mohave, Havasu, Powell, etc.) they would have to commandeer boats for that purpose, if a credible threat arises.
All of us with State Registered boats wouldn't have to worry, but since Federally Documented boats are "Vessels of the United States Government", they can be taken for US Government purposes if "The Secretary" (AKA Tom Ridge, head of Homeland Security) deems an emergency exists.
Everyone out there who didn't want AZ of CF numbers, could have their boats commandeered and used by the Government for an "undetermined" period of time.
Kinda makes you wish you read the fine print on the application, huh? :D

Kilrtoy
07-19-2004, 04:33 PM
Kinda makes you wish you read the fine print on the application, huh?
You mean Im supposed to read that when I out my initials next to that line...

dmontzsta
07-19-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Boatcop
I wouldn't worry so much about Osama taking your boats. I'd worry more about the Coast Guard.
Since the CG doesn't have enough boats to patrol the Southwest's water supply (Lake(s) Mead, Mohave, Havasu, Powell, etc.) they would have to commandeer boats for that purpose, if a credible threat arises.
All of us with State Registered boats wouldn't have to worry, but since Federally Documented boats are "Vessels of the United States Government", they can be taken for US Government purposes if "The Secretary" (AKA Tom Ridge, head of Homeland Security) deems an emergency exists.
Everyone out there who didn't want AZ of CF numbers, could have their boats commandeered and used by the Government for an "undetermined" period of time.
They wouldnt get far in mine with only 16 gallons of gas when filled to the rim. :D

DaveA
07-19-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by dmontzsta
They wouldnt get far in mine with only 16 gallons of gas when filled to the rim. :D
Oh, but what fun they'd have mashin' that motor 'til that 16 gallons were gone. Then they'd come back for more. At taxpayers' expense.
And all in the name of Homeland Security.:D
Imagine all the fuss about commandeering a Fountain or some other big motored offshore boat. The agents would be standing in line for that gig. But Rank has its Privileges.:rolleyes:

Rexone
07-19-2004, 05:21 PM
Personally I think it would be cool to see the CG tryin to go on patrol on Lake Mead in a commandeered blown alky hydro in mid afternoon 4 foot windchop. :D

MagicMtnDan
07-19-2004, 05:22 PM
So did we ever find out what that guy Al Kaeda was saying to his buddies in Arabic on this Web site? Maybe it was something like "All up in ya crushing them guts?" (They probably think that's like "death to infidels" or something like that). :D

GlastronGuy
07-19-2004, 07:10 PM
Are you sure it didn't say "All your base are belong to us".
<--- Bets no one gets that reference.

Dr. Eagle
07-19-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Boatcop
Now we know what they REALLY meant by "Hello to America and All Her Ships at Sea", silly Walter Winchell

HM
07-19-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by GlastronGuy
Cone Heads

robert_pv
07-20-2004, 12:53 AM
I wouldn't worry so much about Osama taking your boats.
You won't be needing your boat if they blow up the hoover dam or some of the other dams on the river:confused:

diggler
07-20-2004, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by GlastronGuy
God, I haven't thought of this in ages!
http://www.planettribes.com/allyourbase/AYB2.swf

Mandelon
07-20-2004, 05:51 AM
I remember it. It was dumb then too.

manuel
07-20-2004, 06:09 AM
When I searched it I got 7 hits at Iraq4all but I couldn't read any of it,
http://www.iraq4all.dk/forum/search.php?mode=results&sid=d267dde37bfc3b55d2c33870fef620b7

beer hunter
07-20-2004, 06:49 AM
Well whatever it was I am turning everything over to the people who deal with this sort of stuff.
It sounds like Lake Pirate may be going to the poke for a while. :D

Lake Pirate
07-20-2004, 06:52 AM
This is a perfect example of why people should have to take some sort of common sense test before they are allowed to drive a boat.

MagicMtnDan
07-20-2004, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by Lake Pirate
This is a perfect example of why people should have to take some sort of common sense test before they are allowed to drive a boat.
You should've been tested before you were "allowed" to sit in front of a computer but you weren't. (Who knows what you're talking about!)

Dr. Eagle
On lake Texoma.....

beer hunter
That was a stupid comment LP, if YOU had any, you wouldn't be a flaming liberal. :D

Lake Pirate
07-20-2004, 07:04 AM
Accusing me of some sort of DOS attack or whatever is quite a stretch. I can't even access my own site. It doesn't show a great deal of common sense to arbitrarily accuse someone of a crime just because you don't like them. Y'all kinda remind me of Kenneth Starr come to think of it?

beer hunter
07-20-2004, 07:12 AM
I can't even access my own site.
I'm not surprised. :D

MagicMtnDan
07-20-2004, 07:16 AM
It doesn't show a great deal of common sense to arbitrarily accuse someone of a crime just because you don't like them.
Hey Troll, you're the one who keeps reminding us that Internet bullies don't bother you.
Don't get mad, don't get even, just go away.

Pesky Varmint
07-20-2004, 07:17 AM
I don't know about the outage but I just
went to the bathroom and took a huge allah.
Must have been the pork carnitas last night.
Pesky Varmint

Lake Pirate
07-20-2004, 07:20 AM
I can't leave now. The circle jerk I'd leave in my wake would alone cause six cases of carpal tunnel and two divorces. I prefer watching you cry about me mountain boy. You have a tiny one don't you? Just admit it.

MagicMtnDan
07-20-2004, 07:29 AM
ÇÞÈáæÇ æÌÃ*åßã Ã*ÇÇÎäÇÒÃ*Ñ <--- that means "Lake Pirate is one of us" (it's the Arabic that was on this site when it was "hijacked")

beer hunter
07-20-2004, 07:56 AM
You have a tiny one don't you?
Just as I suspected, you come to this forum for the sole purpose of trying to pick-up on straight men. :yuk: Please, go back to your Butt Pirate.com and you'll have better luck. :D

Magic34
07-20-2004, 08:00 AM
Would I be able to drive my own boat, or do they just take it? I got AZ #'s, but if I get to drive, and they pay for the gas, I'll be first on the volunteer list.