PDA

View Full Version : What a Feakin Joke!

cdog
07-19-2004, 09:42 AM
By TIM MOLLOY, Associated Press Writer
LOS ANGELES - Democrats aren't amused by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger (news - web sites)'s use of the mocking term "girlie men" to describe some lawmakers, although a spokesman for the governor said no apology would be forthcoming.
AP Photo
AFP
Slideshow: Arnold Schwarzenegger
Schwarzenegger dished out the insult at a rally Saturday as he claimed Democrats were delaying the budget by catering to special interests. Democrats protested that the remark was sexist and homophobic.
"If they don't have the guts to come up here in front of you and say, 'I don't want to represent you, I want to represent those special interests, the unions, the trial lawyers ... if they don't have the guts, I call them girlie men," Schwarzenegger said to the cheering crowd at a mall food court in Ontario.
The governor lifted the term from a long-running "Saturday Night Live" skit in which two pompous, Schwarzenegger-worshipping weightlifters repeatedly use it to mock those who don't meet their standards of physical perfection.
Democrats said Schwarzenegger's remarks were insulting to women and gays and distracted from budget negotiations. State Sen. Sheila Kuehl said the governor had resorted to "blatant homophobia."
"It uses an image that is associated with gay men in an insulting way, and it was supposed to be an insult. That's very troubling that he would use such a homophobic way of trying to put down legislative leadership," said Kuehl, one of five members of the Legislature's five-member Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Caucus.
Schwarzenegger's criticism of Democrats stems in part from their support of one bill prohibiting schools from contracting services with private companies, and another giving workers authority to sue their employers to enforce labor laws. Each side accuses the other of caving in to special interests.
At a rally Sunday in Stockton, the governor gave a speech almost identical to the one he delivered in Ontario but without the "girlie men" remark. Spokesman Rob Stutzman said the line was dropped because Schwarzenegger had already sent the message he wanted to send, not because he regretted his remarks.
"It's a forceful way of making the point to regular Californians that legislators are wimps when they let special interests push them around," Stutzman said. "If they complain too much about this, I guess they're making the governor's point."
Assemblyman Mark Leno, a San Francisco Democrat who is chairman of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Caucus, said he was glad Schwarzenegger didn't repeat the "girlie men" remark Sunday, saying it was "as misogynist as it is anti-gay."
"To disparage a group of law abiding tax paying citizens is just wrong," Leno said.
Assembly Speaker Fabian Nunez, a Democrat, said that while he wasn't upset by the remark, his 13-year-old daughter was.
"She's a young girl who knows the governor and really likes him a lot and didn't find the term to be a positive term, and finds it to be derogatory," Nunez said. "It was no question a very, very insensitive comment to make. I personally am not intimidated or threatened by it, but I think it really is beneath Gov. Schwarzenegger."
When this make's the news, I have to wounder, Have the assholes taken over? Sounds like the girly men are winning the fight.
:yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

HCS
07-19-2004, 09:50 AM
I thought that was halarious. Go get em Arny.

Dr. Eagle
07-19-2004, 09:54 AM
Those Girly Men are just not PUMPED UP... they need to exude maximum pumpitude...
They are just a bunch of flabby lawmakers wanting more pork for their little districts... so they are kind of porkflabilawmakers...:rolleyes:

cdog
07-19-2004, 09:55 AM
I think Arnold kicks ass. I think him being a govonor is kind of a test to see if our system is completely f'ed. If he can't suceed in making a difference towards a responsiable future than we might as well hand over our check books to the buracrats.

HCS
07-19-2004, 09:57 AM
He's telling it how it is.
So their freaking out, their being exposed. Now you know how this
state got so screwed up.

MagicMtnDan
07-19-2004, 10:05 AM
Notice how none of those a-holes are talking about the ISSUE and the budget. Arnold called them girlie men because they're all sucking on the breasts of special interest groups like trail lawyers and unions (the scourge of this country).
Why aren't they addressing the issue? Because they are worse than girlie men and Arnold couldn't say that. They pond scum with their hands in every wallet they can touch.
Vote 'em all out of office!

Jeanyus
07-19-2004, 10:52 AM
If the shoe fits wear it. Girlie men

Seadog
07-19-2004, 11:35 AM
Their problem is that the truth hurts.

Dr. Eagle
07-19-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Jeanyus
If the shoe fits wear it. Girlie men
They are just Porkyflabilawmakers...... they are GIRLYMEN...
THey are probably POOPING THEIR PANTS because the governator called they a name... oooh I'm scared... he might drive his HUMMER over me...
LOL... what a bunch of losers those whiney bastards are!:rolleyes:

Infomaniac
07-19-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by cdog
Assembly Speaker Fabian Nunez, a Democrat, said that while he wasn't upset by the remark, his 13-year-old daughter was.
:yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:
Ah yes the sad day when you are old enough to finally realize your dad is a Girlie Man.
And to have to hear it from the Governor ;) ;)

Mandelon
07-19-2004, 12:19 PM
This is the same crowd who insinuated Arnold was a nazi.......where was the PC brouhaha then???? :mad:

SUPERCREWJOHN
07-19-2004, 12:20 PM
I guess all of these media folks have their panties in a wad because they too are a bunch of girlie men..
I think Arnold has them running scared, and their lifestyle of taking bribes, and selling their opinions is finally being threatened by someone that doesnt really need their money..

mirvin
07-19-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Mandelon
This is the same crowd who insinuated Arnold was a nazi.......where was the PC brouhaha then???? :mad:
They also refer to Bush as "Hitler". :(
Talk about a double standard, sheesh! It just makes them look so lame to be whining about that and totally dodging the fact that Arnolds entire statement was true;)
mirvin

welk2party
07-19-2004, 01:05 PM
Your daddys a girlie man!:D

cdog
07-19-2004, 01:08 PM
I bet these guy's tuck their junk between their legs.:eek!:

Mandelon
07-19-2004, 01:53 PM
I think we are misunderstanding their anger.
Arnold needs to apologize to all girlie men.
Comparing them to democratic legislators is just awful. :yuk: :yuk: :D

Kilrtoy
07-19-2004, 01:54 PM
Why does everyone have to put a slant on everything,
Gay and lesbian's, they too need to stop feeling guilty and get over it....

summerlove
07-19-2004, 02:02 PM
As a dem, I had no problem with the comment.....unlike a comment from the VP a month or so back.;)