PDA

View Full Version : Rice Road question?????

Mrs. Bordsmnj
07-19-2004, 12:26 PM
You know all the names people make with rocks along the railroad tracks?? Anyone know how long they have been there? Is there a cool, interesting story behind it all or did some random person stop to go tinkle and decide to leave their name in the rocks and it caught on?
Just curious.

clownpuncher
07-19-2004, 12:33 PM
They've been there for a loooong time. As long as I can remember anyway. Funny thing is, I never see anyone out there writing there names. I have friends with names out there but I've never been able to find em. "Course I pay more attention to the road than I do names on the train tracks

riverbound
07-19-2004, 12:37 PM
I dont know how long or how it started but as long as I can remember they have been there. I remember as a kid driving out and trying to read all of them. I have always wanted to stop and put my name there. I guess I should do it before its too late, Kinda like the shoe tree. This last time on the way home I told my wife that next time we come out lets put some shoes on the tree. We even came home and set some shoes aside for it (including my sons first pair of river shoes) Too bad some a$$hole had to
phuck it up for us:mad:

Krazy K
07-25-2004, 11:32 PM
Me and my friend put our names out there in '92 and I know the names weren't there that long before....SSOOOOOOOOO...I would have to say about '89-'90 it started....
'Course, the last time I was out there was '98 so I've never seen the shoe tree...and never will.

OGShocker
07-26-2004, 05:09 AM
Those rocks have been there since I started going to the river in the 1970's.

boatnam2
07-26-2004, 05:40 AM
back in the day there was nothing written on the tracks.one fine day i stopped and took a crap and when it hit the gound it looked like JM my initials and thus the story begins.also the toilet paper looked like puffy white clouds,well puffy white clouds with dark brown rain clouds.

OGShocker
07-26-2004, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by boatnam2
back in the day there was nothing written on the tracks.one fine day i stopped and took a crap and when it hit the gound it looked like JM my initials and thus the story begins.also the toilet paper looked like puffy white clouds,well puffy white clouds with dark brown rain clouds.
Did you bump your head this morning?:D

beer hunter
07-26-2004, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by boatnam2
......then people started arranging those little squishy "brown rocks" in the shape of letters. ;)
Seriously though, I can remember them back in the early 80's :cool:

boatnam2
07-26-2004, 06:02 AM
naaaaaaaaaa og i was born this way!:D

Big_Gunz_
07-26-2004, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by OGShocker
Did you bump your head this morning?:D
He must have :D He probably did it bending over to look in the toilet this morning, jared his memory about the old days, so he just had to right about it.:yuk:

THATJEFFGUY
07-26-2004, 11:52 AM
Hey maybe that's why there are so many accidents on Rice Road ! All the stupid asses trying to read the rock formations and drive at the same time ! OK I admit, I've read a few out there, but I keep ONE eye on the road !

Big_Gunz_
07-26-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by THATJEFFGUY
Hey maybe that's why there are so many accidents on Rice Road ! All the stupid asses trying to read the rock formations and drive at the same time ! OK I admit, I've read a few out there, but I keep ONE eye on the road !
I got you beat, I use my sunglasses to watch the road and read all the names as they go by, nothing like having 4 eyes, lol:cool: