PDA

View Full Version : The California State Ballot is available in 15 different languages...

Mandelon
07-20-2004, 07:37 AM
How many other countries do you think provide this kind of service to immigrants.....? :confused:

NastyOne
07-20-2004, 07:38 AM
F U C K that!

Havasu_Dreamin
07-20-2004, 08:04 AM
Absolutely eff'n stupid! Same with the drivers license test. WTF!?!?!?! The signs are in English make them take the test in English! If they fail, soFW, take it again until you pass it.

beer hunter
07-20-2004, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Havasu_Dreamin
Absolutely eff'n stupid! Same with the drivers license test. WTF!?!?!?! The signs are in English make them take the test in English! If they fail, soFW, take it again until you pass it.
My thoughts exactly. :D

mirvin
07-20-2004, 09:41 AM
How come the DMV drivers handbook is only in English and Spanish? What about all the other languages! It's a travesty!!
mirvin;)

Mandelon
07-20-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by mirvin
How come the DMV drivers handbook is only in English and Spanish? What about all the other languages! It's a travesty!!
mirvin;)
They have it in many many others, all you have to do is ask. Of course I wonder about the road signs being in English that they won't be able to read.

mirvin
07-20-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Mandelon
They have it in many many others, all you have to do is ask. Of course I wonder about the road signs being in English that they won't be able to read.
Maybe we should start a movement to get road signs in 40 languages too then!!!:D
mirvin;)

Jeanyus
07-20-2004, 10:35 AM
I just received a form from the State of California, The paperwork is completely in spanish, not a single word of english. It is manditory that I fill this paperwork out, and send it to workmens comp, or my insurance will get cancelled. Lucky for me that I had a copy of it in english, that I saved, so that I can translate. This foriegn language stuff in our country ridiculous.

Roxysnow
07-20-2004, 11:36 AM
Those are you tax dollars at work! It's a bunch of BS! English only, you don't like it, GO BACK!!!!:yuk:

BarryMac
07-20-2004, 12:07 PM
Of course I wonder about the road signs being in English that they won't be able to read.
If you can't read it you don't have to follow it, just ask the bean bandit that you are behind on the Freeway doing 45 MPH...
gjb

Nubbs
07-20-2004, 02:03 PM
How many other countries do you think provide this kind of service to immigrants.....? :confused:
Don't you mean illegal immigrants???

CA Stu
07-20-2004, 02:20 PM
I agree, if a person is unable or unwilling to grasp the native language of a country, they probably aren't the best person to be choosing the government of their adopted home.
But as far as immigrants, aren't we all essentially immigrants?
Unless you're a 100% American Indian, somewhere down the line, you be an immigrant.
Now get your immigrant ass in the kitchen and make me a sandwich.
Thanks
CA Stu