PDA

View Full Version : Some Good Sandbar news

That Guy
07-20-2004, 01:15 PM
We took our daughter out to the lake this past weekend to celebrate her 18th birthday with some friends. We spent most of Sunday afternoon at the sandbar playing football, frisbee, meeting other people and it reminded us of one of the main reasons we bought a boat in the first place. In light of the horrible incident that Havasu47's kids had at the sandbar I thought it might be good to share some fun times and let you all know that we can't let a few a-holes ruin our fun.
I watched my daughter and her friends meeting people, smiling, I suppose flirting a bit, but generally having the time of their lives. When we got back to the house, she told me it was a day that she will always remember. That absolutely made my entire trip. Lets not forget that most of us are good, honest, fun loving people who enjoy boating and all that is has to offer. I have truly enjoyed meeting many of you the past few months and come on by the "money maker" and say hello when you see us at the lake. :)

Havasu_Dreamin
07-20-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by sbark1
Lets not forget that most of us are good, honest, fun loving people who enjoy boating and all that is has to offer.
Not me! I'm an a$$hole! LMAO :p
Glad you had a good time and a drama free trip. We need more reports of this stuff.

That Guy
07-20-2004, 02:56 PM
Thanks...it was a lot fun and I agree lets get some of the good stories out there as well......

Huckleberry
07-21-2004, 06:09 AM
I have been to the sandbar many, many times and never encountered the crap you read about on here. I've seen it happen in the channel and Copper Canyon many times, but not the sandbar. But then again, I also avoid holiday weekends at the river too.
If ya go to the sandbar looking for the drunk dudes who are usually hanging around the woman who wanna flash ya, you're likely gonna find trouble with them. (I'm not saying this is what Havasu47's kids were doing, as it appears they were innocent on this one!)

ADDICTED
07-21-2004, 07:18 AM
Yah this past weekend I was there Friday and Saturday until 7-7:30pm GReat weekend. Like huckleberry said if you dont want to deal with the drunks meat heads then dont go to the pontoon with the loud speaker.
Last weekend was a gret one!