PDA

View Full Version : need advice for deck boat

hallett 260
07-20-2004, 02:16 PM
I have cut outs for 4 6x9's down low under the seats. What speakers to you recommend? Also, I would like to add some subs but don't want to cut any more holes in the boat. Can you mount them inside the hull and still get good bass?
Zach

riverbound
07-20-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by hallett 260
I have cut outs for 4 6x9's down low under the seats. What speakers to you recommend? Also, I would like to add some subs but don't want to cut any more holes in the boat. Can you mount them inside the hull and still get good bass?
Zach
We have had very good luck with the Eclipse se8493, and the MB Quart 6x9's (all of them). Depending on how/ where the subs are mounted, they MIGHT work out without cutting holes. Without seeing the boat it would be hard to tell you what will or won't work.

ROZ
07-20-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by hallett 260
Also, I would like to add some subs but don't want to cut any more holes in the boat. Can you mount them inside the hull and still get good bass?
Zach No, not without cutting a port or vent hole.... Having someone like RB look at will be of great benefit.

riverbound
07-20-2004, 03:16 PM
What kind of boat is it? Maybe I can find some pics of it and give you some ideas.

hallett 260
07-21-2004, 10:01 AM
It is a Hallett 260. My thought was to use the very front bulk head which would put the subs under the seats in the storage area. They would not have an opening to the outside.
Thanks for the help.
zach

riverbound
07-21-2004, 10:09 AM
That boat is sealed up pretty well you will definitely need to vent the woofers in some way. Why are you against cutting more holes? If it is done properly it would look like the factory did it themselves. In fact a lot of the times I do the "factory installed" systems for the mfgs. Make sure the work is done by a reputable shop! I can give you some references. Of course I will be one of them.:) But there are only a few shops in so-cal that truly know what they are doing when it comes to boats.