PDA

View Full Version : I need a boat re gel coated?

Jrocket
07-20-2004, 07:17 PM
A good friend of mine needs to find a good gel coater.His boat is out at Quality boat repair in Mira loma and they havent touched it since the end of January.Hes already paid 80% of the money up front and its at a stand still.The boat is prepped and ready to be sprayed from what Ive been told.Hes ready to tow it out of there and have somebody else finish it up.Its a 25 Daytona.Probably needs to be taped and finished from there.
Anybody have any phone numbers of a shop that he can call to get it done or helped out?

burtandnancy
07-20-2004, 07:37 PM
Pats Fiberglass on 13th St in Upland. But your timing sucks...

BoatFloating
07-20-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Jrocket
A good friend of mine needs to find a good gel coater.His boat is out at Quality boat repair in Mira loma and they havent touched it since the end of January.Hes already paid 80% of the money up front and its at a stand still.The boat is prepped and ready to be sprayed from what Ive been told.Hes ready to tow it out of there and have somebody else finish it up.Its a 25 Daytona.Probably needs to be taped and finished from there.
Anybody have any phone numbers of a shop that he can call to get it done or helped out?
One of the best I've seen is Manny Flores. He's in Corona 909-520-0208. He fixed a boat for me that I thought was un-fixable

Jrocket
07-20-2004, 07:59 PM
Pats Fiberglass? Ill have him check into that one.
I thought of Manny,Orange County boat repair,and that place in Havasu but cant remember the name.

77charger
07-20-2004, 08:01 PM
get a hold of toddnjuzz(trg fiberglass) guy here on the boards.I have seen his work and it is very good.

Jrocket
07-20-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by 77charger
get a hold of toddnjuzz(trg fiberglass) guy here on the boards.I have seen his work and it is very good.
I got his phone number from his profile.ill pass it along.

WILDERTHANU
07-20-2004, 08:13 PM
DON @ PATS FIBERGLASS IS ONE OF THE BEST AROUND....(909)946-3089. DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!!! HE'S RIGHT BY CABLE AIRPORT IN UPLAND.

Jrocket
07-20-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by WILDERTHANU
DON @ PATS FIBERGLASS IS ONE OF THE BEST AROUND....(909)946-3089. DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!!! HE'S RIGHT BY CABLE AIRPORT IN UPLAND.
Thanks you wild man.Ill have him call tomorrow.

jbtrailerjim
07-20-2004, 08:38 PM
Sorry to hear Israel is dicking your friend around. He does great work but he is a flakie focker. He has done a lot of work on my dads boat and both times he was not done even close to the time he promised it. It was know where near as long as your buddy is getting dicked around for. But my pops did not give him no 80% of the money without being even close to being finished.
Ask Grass Pay$ how long it took to get his old Eliminator re-geled. I know he was about ready to go down and strangle that little focker.

Jrocket
07-20-2004, 08:44 PM
Ive delt with Israel before also.I dropped my boat off and it sat for 3 weeks and never got touched.The whole job was only going to take 4 days! Every time that you try to reach him hes in Mexico or out of the office.My buddy is getting screwed hard.He wants to get the boat out and over to someone else and he will deal with Israel later on it.
Really a bad deal.

mo
07-20-2004, 10:14 PM
I second toddnjuzz(TRG fiberglass), I've seen about a dozen of his boats and they all came out great.

Jrocket
07-20-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by mo
I second toddnjuzz(TRG fiberglass), I've seen about a dozen of his boats and they all came out great.
Hes calling him tomorrow.If I got the correct number.

flat broke
07-20-2004, 11:03 PM
Sal at O.C. Boat Repair is stand up. Don't know how busy he is, but he did about 2/3's of a complete regel on a 20'er for a friend of mine in a week. Granted it wasn't in the middle of summer, but they do seem to bust ass over there.
Chris

Jrocket
07-20-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by flat broke
Sal at O.C. Boat Repair is stand up. Don't know how busy he is, but he did about 2/3's of a complete regel on a 20'er for a friend of mine in a week. Granted it wasn't in the middle of summer, but they do seem to bust ass over there.
Chris
Yes he does do good work.I had him fix a transom on one of my boats,great job.Hes on the list to call also.

Hotcrusader76
07-21-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by 77charger
Ditto....Todd's work looks to be accurately "Top-Notch". I just saw Victor's boat and it looked flawless. Granted I think it was paint not gel...but it looked killer nonetheless.
~Ty

boatnam2
07-21-2004, 12:17 AM
i third toddjuzz.

Jrocket
07-21-2004, 12:18 AM
Jim....go to bed!:D

boatnam2
07-21-2004, 12:23 AM
shit jr i wish i could i still have 5 hours before i go home.

Jrocket
07-21-2004, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by boatnam2
shit jr i wish i could i still have 5 hours before i go home.
That sucks,be careful on your way home.C-ya

don johnson
07-21-2004, 05:41 AM
Pats Fiberglass in So Cal and Fiberglass Perfections in Havasu are very reputable and dependable.