PDA

View Full Version : Apologies To All/ Re:commander

RACRJEFF
07-20-2004, 08:09 PM
i posted a few weeks back that commander was gonna pick up the tab on my motor but i shoulda listen to boozer when he called them a bunch of douche bags , now they dont wanna pay for it saying that i abused my motor even tho it never turned over 4500 rpm and i had my pregnant wife on board , and the boat is only 19 hours old!!! but the pro boat motor people say they didnt tell commander it had abuse , but thats the assumption so i will take it to teague and get a opinion. bill even said he went by pro boat , so i called pro-boat bill was never there , i fu****g hate liars. so i must apologize for being a dumbazz and believing all thier bullshi$$ please pass the word on, oh my buddy tom called them today and they didnt even know what oil they put in his boat after he found it was 2.5 quartz low with only 4 hours on it lovely huh
Jeff
p.s. if anyone knows any boat shops in the riverside area who can give an opinion on what they think caused it for my attorney ill anty up and pay for a evaulutaaion whatever please p.m. me

Kilrtoy
07-20-2004, 08:13 PM
That sucks, Sorry to hear that...

XtrmWakeborder
07-20-2004, 08:16 PM
Those bastards, i'm sorry to hear about ur troubles. Hope all turns out well

unleashed
07-20-2004, 08:19 PM
Damn another satisfied customer!:mad:
Shouldnt proboat be ponying up for the motor or was this a commander issue??
Take it to teague he'll give you a straight up answer.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)

Bow Tie Omega
07-20-2004, 08:31 PM
Do we all need to send another email to those dumb asses at Commander again??:mad:

Jrocket
07-20-2004, 08:38 PM
Well that sucks.
Is it Steve at Pro Boat that your talking to?

Jrocket
07-20-2004, 08:40 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/985havasuweekend_018-med.jpg
Send this dude over to kick up some answers for ya!:D

Boozer
07-20-2004, 08:46 PM
So I'm curious about something.
Would anyone be willing to round up a nice little posse and go over and beat the living sh*t out of Sy and his f*cked up crew? I dont own a commander and never will thank god but I keep hearing horror stories from all of these people continue to get f*cked by Commander. In the case of this Racerjeff guy yes he had fair warning form us but I'm sure the guys at commander gave him some heartfelt bullsh*t and promised they'd make things right to sway his opinion stronger then we could have.
I say we round up a big posse of pissed off people and go sway Sy's opinion on customer service and fair treatment. We sway his opinion in a painful brutal manor. F*ck it I'm down for a night in jail. Anyone else?
I thought that maybe these inicidents people on the boards were having were fairly isolated until I started talking to a lot more Commander owners that have said "This is my 1st Commander and it will be my last commander." That says a lot to me.

unleashed
07-20-2004, 08:52 PM
Hey Jrocket, Thank God I sucked my gut in for that photo!:D
Seriously though if its an engine problem shouldnt pro boat be handling this??
Deano

Jrocket
07-20-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Boozer
So I'm curious about something.
Would anyone be willing to round up a nice little posse and go over and beat the living sh*t out of Sy and his f*cked up crew? I dont own a commander and never will thank god but I keep hearing horror stories from all of these people continue to get f*cked by Commander. In the case of this Racerjeff guy yes he had fair warning form us but I'm sure the guys at commander gave him some heartfelt bullsh*t and promised they'd make things right to sway his opinion stronger then we could have.
I say we round up a big posse of pissed off people and go sway Sy's opinion on customer service and fair treatment. We sway his opinion in a painful brutal manor. F*ck it I'm down for a night in jail. Anyone else?
I thought that maybe these inicidents people on the boards were having were fairly isolated until I started talking to a lot more Commander owners that have said "This is my 1st Commander and it will be my last commander." That says a lot to me.
That does sound like fun,old style hanging and all.He would come out the winner in the end,some how.
Now if we all got together and put up a picket line right in front of his place on the 91 freeway....that would be hilarious.Rent the largest U-haul truck that you can and put a banner on the side of it that says..."I got Focked by commander boats!"...then park it on the side of the freeway right out front.When the cops arrive,you jut drive off and park on the side street. LOL:D

Jrocket
07-20-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by unleashed
Hey Jrocket, Thank God I sucked my gut in for that photo!:D
Seriously though if its an engine problem shouldnt pro boat be handling this??
Deano
Dude,your the happiest gangsta I know! Sexy as hell...in a non-gay kind of way of course.

XtrmWakeborder
07-20-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Jrocket
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/985havasuweekend_018-med.jpg
Send this dude over to kick up some answers for ya!:D
Ha now im kinda scared to go over there to get my clothes lol!

al cole'holic
07-20-2004, 09:07 PM
..Take it to teague he'll give you a straight up answer.
Deano
...straight up answers will cost you about 300 bucks :(

Jrocket
07-20-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by al cole'holic
...straight up answers will cost you about 300 bucks :(
But you will know what happend.

al cole'holic
07-20-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Jrocket
But you will know what happend.
..sometimes you still leave scratchin your head.

Jrocket
07-20-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by al cole'holic
..sometimes you still leave scratchin your head.
and your back pocket where yo cash used to be.:D
30-60-K on a motor and whats another $300.oo

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-20-2004, 11:04 PM
Sorry to hear about your troubles, you may want to go to quality performanace marine in corona. They do outstanding work. I love my boat but I will not let them service it again since I found out they put volvo oil in my mercs :mad:

RACRJEFF
07-21-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by SHAKE-YO-AZZ
Sorry to hear about your troubles, you may want to go to quality performanace marine in corona. They do outstanding work. I love my boat but I will not let them service it again since I found out they put volvo oil in my mercs :mad:
mel i gotta tell ya i really liked steve and sy i thought we had a good repor but apparently not , i will do what it takes to get my boat fixed and rest assured ill get it fixed and not out of my pocket , by then the summer will be over and i will attempt to sell my boat but i wont blame people if they look at me and laugh either , tom took his boat to a shop and had the commander logos removed outof his own pocket he said he was embarrassed to have it on

Jrocket
07-21-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by RACRJEFF
tom took his boat to a shop and had the commander logos removed outof his own pocket he said he was embarrassed to have it on
Now thats crazy but Id do the same thing.

unleashed
07-21-2004, 12:16 AM
Racrjeff, Goodluck in whatever you do. I would still get a second opinion and even a 3rd if you could to prove these guys wrong. Also like I mentioned in my previous post why not take it straight to the guys who built the motor. THEY should stand behind their product and if not they are just as guilty as Commander maybe moreso???
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

RACRJEFF
07-21-2004, 01:45 AM
Racrjeff, Goodluck in whatever you do. I would still get a second opinion and even a 3rd if you could to prove these guys wrong. Also like I mentioned in my previous post why not take it straight to the guys who built the motor. THEY should stand behind their product and if not they are just as guilty as Commander maybe moreso???
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:
its at pro boat they took the motor apart , they say the cylinder heated up and burned it up something like that so they wanna bore it , my cousin who runs a gta team and has his motors built by hendricks said then why the hell would they want to bore it if it has a heat problem ????? i will have to get a few opinions and then file my claim i have no choice im not speniding 5500 to fix a 19 hour old motor that broke 3 hours after i got it,broke a lifter at 20 mph this thing is becoming a nightmare. best part of this story is sy's words OH JEFF U HAVE WARRANTY ON BOAT 1 YEAR

HavasuDreamin'
07-21-2004, 05:51 AM
Honestly..........I think I would buy a Bayliner before I bought a Commander. I would even buy one with a Force O/B on it before I bought a Commander.
There have been at least 8-10 horror stories on this board alone over the last 18-24 months. Not all of them can be wrong. Personally, I hope they go bankrupt so they stop f*cking all their customers. :)

shadow
07-21-2004, 06:10 AM
syh,steve and the rest of the commander crew

dicudmore
07-21-2004, 07:45 AM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=802757
that's funny shit Shadow :D
rat there, as in RAT BASTARDS

RiverDave
07-21-2004, 08:02 AM
I thought he was saying they were weasels?
RD

Dr. Eagle
07-21-2004, 08:05 AM
That sucks. I just drove by the Commander place there off the 91 yesterday, and the boats look really nice... I'd never buy one with this kind of crap going on...:yuk:

little rowe boat
07-21-2004, 08:18 AM
Give Elite Marine a call,they are on West La Cadena.
784-6562

riverbound
07-21-2004, 08:25 AM
I use GS Marine in corona, they have always been more than fair and have been very straight up with me.
(909)272-6060

dicudmore
07-21-2004, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by RiverDave
I thought he was saying they were weasels?
RD
yes, but I like RAT BASTARD better :D

Huckleberry
07-21-2004, 08:42 AM
Rat barstard / Weasel...Hmmmmmmm. Both seem to fit those folks!

topless
07-21-2004, 09:03 AM
If anyone has a problem with ANY company including Commander, got to www.bbbsouthland.org and file a complaint against them. The Better Business Bureau will send them the complaints to the company and they have to answer . At that point the person who filed a complaint has a chance to dispute it. If they get alot of the same type of complaints they will have an unsatisfactory rating and others won't get into the same situation. If they don't answer the complaints the same thing will happen. Alot of times there will be an investigation with goverment agencies who cross reference the Bureaus records. Even the media gets involved ( like Dateline, 20/20, etc.) Good luck and I hope it works out for you.

hd&boatrider
07-21-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by topless
If anyone has a problem with ANY company including Commander, got to www.bbbsouthland.org and file a complaint against them. The Better Business Bureau will send them the complaints to the company and they have to answer . At that point the person who filed a complaint has a chance to dispute it. If they get alot of the same type of complaints they will have an unsatisfactory rating and others won't get into the same situation. If they don't answer the complaints the same thing will happen. Alot of times there will be an investigation with goverment agencies who cross reference the Bureaus records. Even the media gets involved ( like Dateline, 20/20, etc.) Good luck and I hope it works out for you.
Or the comedy channel....remember that one Topless....lol

topless
07-21-2004, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by hd&boatrider
Or the comedy channel....remember that one Topless....lol :D

throwerb
07-21-2004, 10:20 AM
"Commander boats in Perris, Ca filled for chapter 11 Federal bankruptcy protection in early April," which keeps his creditors from suing him while he takes more of money from people like us.
Anyone else read this article in Powerboat magazine (pg.47) in the June issue. They saisd it was due to significant investments in the last few years to grow their line. After reading all these comments it seems that it may be due to piss poor customer service.
This may be why Proboat is not stepping up, they may still be waiting for their money
I wonder why ***boat doesn't print articles like this.:confused:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-21-2004, 09:51 PM
its at pro boat they took the motor apart , they say the cylinder heated up and burned it up something like that so they wanna bore it , my cousin who runs a gta team and has his motors built by hendricks said then why the hell would they want to bore it if it has a heat problem ????? i will have to get a few opinions and then file my claim i have no choice im not speniding 5500 to fix a 19 hour old motor that broke 3 hours after i got it,broke a lifter at 20 mph this thing is becoming a nightmare. best part of this story is sy's words OH JEFF U HAVE WARRANTY ON BOAT 1 YEAR
I think if you boat is less then a year old you should still have a warranty with merc. I some bent a rod in one of my 500HPs I took it to Quality and it was all covered by my warranty. You may want to contact them for another opinion. If you want PM me a phone number and we can talk.

Jrocket
07-21-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by throwerb
I wonder why ***boat doesn't print articles like this.:confused:
Because they care about their advertising income and not about the eventuall buyer of the boat.They could care less just as long as they make their money.

HighRoller
07-21-2004, 11:13 PM
To borrow a line from Rodney Dangerfield:
"HEY...MOOSE...ROCKO...HELP SY FIND HIS CHECKBOOK!"

RACRJEFF
07-22-2004, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by SHAKE-YO-AZZ
I think if you boat is less then a year old you should still have a warranty with merc. I some bent a rod in one of my 500HPs I took it to Quality and it was all covered by my warranty. You may want to contact them for another opinion. If you want PM me a phone number and we can talk.
its actually a pro boat motor but on my paperwork , i was granted a 1 year warranty since this was basically a crate motor and it was brand new and not a blown radical monster were talking 400 hp max it has great componets on it like the az speed and marine injection , i mean if i painted it blue it looks just like a hp500 , pro boat has already taken the motor out and found the problem so all i need to do is take it for a second opinion we already filed are claim today so commander should recieve something in the mail shortly , due to recent inquires and other stuff wrong with the boat , my lawyer want to file under the lemon law and basically commander will have another 26 signature in thier possesion i will keep everyone updated and ill pm u mel in the next few days when i get the boat

dicudmore
07-22-2004, 06:28 AM
its actually a pro boat motor but on my paperwork , i was granted a 1 year warranty since this was basically a crate motor and it was brand new and not a blown radical monster were talking 400 hp max it has great componets on it like the az speed and marine injection , i mean if i painted it blue it looks just like a hp500 , pro boat has already taken the motor out and found the problem so all i need to do is take it for a second opinion we already filed are claim today so commander should recieve something in the mail shortly , due to recent inquires and other stuff wrong with the boat , my lawyer want to file under the lemon law and basically commander will have another 26 signature in thier possesion i will keep everyone updated and ill pm u mel in the next few days when i get the boat
good luck to ya Jeff :D

HighRoller
07-22-2004, 10:35 PM
Looks like John Kerry is the new head of customer service at Commander. They agreed to pay for his repairs until they agreed not to!!!!:D

73kona455
07-23-2004, 04:25 AM
its at pro boat they took the motor apart , they say the cylinder heated up and burned it up something like that so they wanna bore it , my cousin who runs a gta team and has his motors built by hendricks said then why the hell would they want to bore it if it has a heat problem ?????
because its possible if it got hot enough, the cylinder may noy be perfectly round anymore and they need to bore it to get it back true....
OR
if it got hot enough a piston may have galled in the cylinder..

Topock Junkie
07-23-2004, 08:07 AM
I wouldn't mind going to jail for the night. Lets go kick Sy's a@@. I got F&*ked by those guys two years ago. I'm home this weekend. Lets get together and get that Uhaul truck going. We can make a whole day out of it. We can pack coolers and get rude.....

havasuready
07-23-2004, 08:21 AM
I just had to put my 2 cents in on this one. I missed most of last season because I traded my 21 ft ultra in and ordered a 28 cat from commander. Needless to say I finally showed up on a monday morning after being bullshitted and backstabbed by Sy and took back the boat and made the little sh*@ give me back my deposit as well. I ended up buying a 1 year old DCB F26 and I have to say I agree with people like Sy running a company I wouldn't even trust him enough to buy a sticker from him more or less a boat. However, I do have to say anytime I dealt with his son Steve I was impressed with how he did business unfortunately he doesn't have the last word!

THATJEFFGUY
07-23-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Topock Junkie
I wouldn't mind going to jail for the night. Lets go kick Sy's a@@. I got F&*ked by those guys two years ago. I'm home this weekend. Lets get together and get that Uhaul truck going. We can make a whole day out of it. We can pack coolers and get rude.....
Hey guys...you know you can count me in !! I'll even pay for everyones bail !!

BCAdvantage
07-23-2004, 06:01 PM
I've been hearing these stories regularly about Commander Boats having bad customer service, but never shared my buddies story. It tops most of them (including the one a couple weeks ago regarding the guy who purchased a "New" Commander from Sy and found out it was really two years older and had a lot more hours).
To make it short and sweet, my neighbor in Havasu purchased a "New" 28 foot cat from Commander. During its first trip out, one of the sponsons cracked. While my buddy inspected the sponson, he found some of those foam noodles and a camera jammed way up inside the sponson. Knowing that they were not his, he had the film developed. It had pictures of a family partying on his boat. Understandably he was pissed and showed Sy the photos. Typical Sy backtracked and made a deal with him for a new boat. Since then the new boat has been in the shop more than it has been out for hull and trailer related problems. Moral of the story, DONT DO BUSINESS WITH SY!!!!! This from a former Commander owner myself.

TheEduKATor
07-23-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by BCAdvantage
While my buddy inspected the sponson, he found some of those foam noodles and a camera jammed way up inside the sponson. Knowing that they were not his, he had the film developed. It had pictures of a family partying on his boat. Understandably he was pissed and showed Sy the photos.
I've only found empty beer cans that weren't ours in the sponsons after picking up our boat from getting some warranty work done to it. Finding a camera with pictures of another family on the boat that you thought was new now that's just wrong.

Dr. Eagle
07-23-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by TheEduKATor
I've only found empty beer cans that weren't ours in the sponsons after picking up our boat from getting some warranty work done to it. Finding a camera with pictures of another family on the boat that you thought was new now that's just wrong.
And the guys working on your boat drinking beer while they were doing your repairs is OK? Just checking...;)

TheEduKATor
07-23-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
And the guys working on your boat drinking beer while they were doing your repairs is OK? Just checking...;)
Yor are right Dr. Eagle, it's not OK, but I checked the beer's born on date and it was dated pretty recently so I knew our boat really was new. I guess there is some comfort in that. ;)

riverrunner
07-24-2004, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by TheEduKATor
Yor are right Dr. Eagle, it's not OK, but I checked the beer's born on date and it was dated pretty recently so I knew our boat really was new. I guess there is some comfort in that. ;)
What about the possibility that they lent your boat to another customer to use because his wasn't done or that they decided to take your boat for themselves for a day trip?

phebus
07-24-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by riverrunner
What about the possibility that they lent your boat to another customer to use because his wasn't done or that they decided to take your boat for themselves for a day trip?
I think the folks at Commander know better than to take one of their own boats out. :D

HCS
07-24-2004, 03:03 PM
Their probably using peoples boats as loaners for piss off customers.