PDA

View Full Version : Hey, are you on hot boat?

Cole
07-21-2004, 02:02 PM
Last Friday, when making my daily commute from Irvine to Riverside I saw lots of boats heading out for the weekend, and wondered if they are on the forums.
A while back I was at a gas station, and thought I recognized a boat from the forums, so I wonder up to this guy and ask
"hey, are you on hot boat"? He gives me this confused look and replies "what"! So I explain that I frequent "hot boat online" and thought I recognized his boat.
Same thing at the river.....I think I recognize a boat but really donÂ’t want to ask.
We need a way to identify each otherÂ….maybe a decal or some kind of cool sticker....
Any thoughts?
Cole

Her454
07-21-2004, 02:04 PM
I hate it when I get that dumb look ...........:rolleyes: :)

07-21-2004, 02:07 PM
Its happen to me a couple of times....I get that dumb look like HUH? WTF you talkin' about?:confused: :rolleyes:

OutCole'd
07-21-2004, 02:07 PM
Pocket Protectors??

Three Days Only
07-21-2004, 02:09 PM
You mean like a sticker that says
POST W H O R E
or
I POST
or
HBF

Three Days Only
07-21-2004, 02:10 PM
Or maybe a shocker sticker, that would be good!!!
Two in the pink, one in the stink!!!!

JetBoatRich
07-21-2004, 02:11 PM
T-Shirts are cool, :) I walked up to OutCole'd last week at the Blue Water because of his RRL shirt.

mirvin
07-21-2004, 02:11 PM
Isnt' that what the SHOCKER is for??
mirvin;)

Cole
07-21-2004, 02:14 PM
I like post "*****"!!!!:D

Three Days Only
07-21-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by mirvin
Isnt' that what the SHOCKER is for??
mirvin;)
Yeah but do you walk around gas stations throwing the shocker. If it was on your truck, youd be set. Kind of like the OP6C stickers. I see them all the time and know that I can relate to that guy if I just throw a beer through his front window LOL

Cole
07-21-2004, 02:15 PM
post edited by.........:D

Mandelon
07-21-2004, 02:16 PM
The "shocker" sticker would be cool, you don't have to explain it to your kids, just tell em its like a peace sign for boaters...
Go to OP6 and you get stickers, but I can't talk about it. :D

Tom Brown
07-21-2004, 02:23 PM
When people come up to me and ask if I'm that guy from ***boat, I always look confused and say, "what?".

topless
07-21-2004, 02:34 PM
When you get that confused look, just explain it's kinda like being on drugs.

RiverDave
07-21-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Mandelon
The "shocker" sticker would be cool, you don't have to explain it to your kids, just tell em its like a peace sign for boaters...
Go to OP6 and you get stickers, but I can't talk about it. :D
That's a valid point.. LOL
Odds are if they have an OP6C sticker on their vehicle it's a pretty safe bet that they post on the boards.. ;) :D Being that there's no really other way to get one. :D
RD

TRIMM MANN
07-21-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave
That's a valid point.. LOL
Odds are if they have an OP6C sticker on their vehicle it's a pretty safe bet that they post on the boards.. ;) :D Being that there's no really other way to get one. :D
RD
How can I get an OP6 sticker?

Outnumbered
07-21-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Three Days Only
Yeah but do you walk around gas stations throwing the shocker. If it was on your truck, youd be set. Kind of like the OP6C stickers. I see them all the time and know that I can relate to that guy if I just throw a beer through his front window LOL
Jus don't be throwin down the shocker in the hood o ya may git yo ass capped:eek:

OutCole'd
07-21-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
T-Shirts are cool, :) I walked up to OutCole'd last week at the Blue Water because of his RRL shirt.
I was going to through out the shocker to everyone I saw, but I deceided on the RRL shirt instead.
It was cool meeting you JBR. I was expecting you to have 5 hands with 8 fingers on each with over 14K post's.:D

spute
07-21-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Cole
Last Friday, when making my daily commute from Irvine to Riverside I saw lots of boats heading out for the weekend, and wondered if they are on the forums.
A while back I was at a gas station, and thought I recognized a boat from the forums, so I wonder up to this guy and ask
"hey, are you on hot boat"? He gives me this confused look and replies "what"! So I explain that I frequent "hot boat online" and thought I recognized his boat.
Same thing at the river.....I think I recognize a boat but really donÂ’t want to ask.
We need a way to identify each otherÂ….maybe a decal or some kind of cool sticker....
Any thoughts?
Cole
Cole-
made some stickers that a few people have bought so far..here's the link...cool HBF tees..stickers...etc (http://www.cafeshops.com/hbfsandbar)

spectras only
07-21-2004, 03:09 PM
My licence plate frame I got from Brian Davidson says "Hot Boat the magazine" .When I was at a hotel in Salinas , a fellow boater [ Smith marine in reno ] Gary noticed my plate and we started talking boats . :cool: . Hot Boat should send these plates to forum members;)

BarryMac
07-21-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by spectras only
"Hot Boat the magazine". Gary noticed my plate and we started talking boats . :cool: . Hot Boat should send these plates to forum members;)
send us a plate, half of us can't get our ragazine on time and we have to pry our "FREE" t-shirt out of their grasp, I don't think they would ever send us a license plate frame...
gjb

JetBoatRich
07-21-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by OutCole'd
I was going to through out the shocker to everyone I saw, but I deceided on the RRL shirt instead.
It was cool meeting you JBR. I was expecting you to have 5 hands with 8 fingers on each with over 14K post's.:D
LOL, mutant poster:)
Great to meet you, the shirt worked:cool: Your boat looks awesome in person:cool:

beer hunter
07-21-2004, 04:29 PM
I've got my OP6C sticker on the back of my boat. If that doesn't send a clue to my fellow forum brothers and sisters I give up. ;)
If ya see me on the lake, please stop by and introduce yourself. :cool:

MagicMtnDan
07-21-2004, 04:33 PM
Good idea - it's been covered before - click here (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27579&highlight=Flag)

Windy
07-21-2004, 04:43 PM
I got some OP6 stickers left over from when HBjet hosted OP6. PM me your address and I'll send some out til I run out.

clownpuncher
07-21-2004, 04:47 PM
I'd put an OP6 sticker on my truck, but, i feel like I'd be mis-representin' since I haven't been to one. My boat's been, but not me.

beer hunter
07-21-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by clownpuncher
I'd put an OP6 sticker on my truck, but, i feel like I'd be mis-representin' since I haven't been to one. My boat's been, but not me.
You're an active forum member aren't you?........well, it sounds like you're qualified to put one on your boat. :D

Windy
07-21-2004, 04:55 PM
PM me your address and I'll get one out to ya.

clownpuncher
07-21-2004, 05:01 PM
Cool, thanks. I guess when asked if I'm an OP6C'er I can say, "not yet, but my boat is" :D

LASERRAY
07-21-2004, 05:45 PM
I'd put an OP6 sticker on my truck, but, i feel like I'd be mis-representin' since I haven't been to one. My boat's been, but not me. Kinda like those dorks in high school that wear concert shirts that they didn't attend.....................................! Don't be THAT GUY!!!:rolleyes: :D