PDA

View Full Version : Rescue Me

Windy
07-21-2004, 05:02 PM
Anybody gonna watch it tonite?
RescueMe (http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/rescueme/main.html)

hoolign
07-21-2004, 05:06 PM
I'll watch it with ya babe...eh!:D

clownpuncher
07-21-2004, 05:07 PM
Dammit...............I never heard about this show. I gotta see it, but, I have a date with my wife for tonight. Sushi and sake/beer. Next time I guess

Kilrtoy
07-21-2004, 05:42 PM
only if you are in it...

little rowe boat
07-21-2004, 07:08 PM
I saw the previews and it looks pretty good,but it's a little past my bedtime,since I have to work tomorrow.

HAULNZ
07-21-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by clownpuncher
Dammit...............I never heard about this show. I gotta see it, but, I have a date with my wife for tonight. Sushi and sake/beer. Next time I guess
I am sure the Sushi and Sake Bombers will be better. Its funny we were just talking to the Kokepelli's about Sake Bombers last weekend. ;) :D

looky_lou
07-21-2004, 07:45 PM
I think I will give it a shot. :p

Kokopelli
07-21-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by HAULNZ
I am sure the Sushi and Sake Bombers will be better. Its funny we were just talking to the Kokepelli's about Sake Bombers last weekend. ;) :D
Mmmmmm sake bombers and slutty redheads. Probably not a good combo!

Kokopelli
07-21-2004, 07:54 PM
One word - Tivo!

Sleek-Jet
07-21-2004, 09:02 PM
It's on now. :D

clownpuncher
07-21-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Sleek-Jet
It's on now. :D
NO shit eh? Got home a few ago. Bombed outta my head. Thhink i'll make a cocker and enjoy the show

Sleek-Jet
07-21-2004, 09:16 PM
NO shit eh? ...
CP, I wouldn't crap you if you were my favorite turd. :D
I'm watching it on the dish.

HighRoller
07-21-2004, 09:25 PM
I was interested until I heard it was supposed to be a comedy. Did I hear incorrectly? I don't think there's anything funny about post 9-11 life in the FDNY. Seems like Dennis Leary is the wrong pick for that role.

BADBLOWN572
07-21-2004, 10:48 PM
Watched it and wasn't exactly impressed. I don't think that it lived up to what they were saying. I think it is going to be more about a dysfunctional firefighter and the stress of his personal life versus the job. Don't think it is going to be something to I make it a point to watch. Just my .02

HighRoller
07-21-2004, 10:54 PM
From the scenes I watched, Leary failed to convey any realism in a firefighting role. He was agitated and panicked during a routine housefire. That couldn't be further from the truth. I've spent a lot of time around the station and I can tell you that during responses there is very little emotion in their dialogue. It's all business, quick and efficient. Comes from the routine of thousands of runs. Very few shows have captured the realism of a fire station. Third Watch almost got it right but they went a bit far on their rescue scenarios for the sake of drama. But I forgave them because a firefighter does not engage in "drama". To him, it's just a job like any other.

Sleek-Jet
07-21-2004, 11:19 PM
That's true of any profession that's portrayed on TV/Movies. In real life, most "exciting" jobs are done without any drama. It would make for bad TV if that's how it the show was done.
All in all, I thought it wasn't the worst hour I've spent, but I don't think I'll be an avid fan.
Hey, isn't "Reno 911" on??? :D

Windy
07-22-2004, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by HighRoller
From the scenes I watched, Leary failed to convey any realism in a firefighting role. He was agitated and panicked during a routine housefire. That couldn't be further from the truth. I've spent a lot of time around the station and I can tell you that during responses there is very little emotion in their dialogue. It's all business, quick and efficient. Comes from the routine of thousands of runs. Very few shows have captured the realism of a fire station. Third Watch almost got it right but they went a bit far on their rescue scenarios for the sake of drama. But I forgave them because a firefighter does not engage in "drama". To him, it's just a job like any other.
Yeah...it pretty much sucked.

RiverDave
07-22-2004, 09:39 AM
Well color me stupid, becuase I kinda liked it..
I didn't think it exactly measured up with the Sopranos, DeadWood, Dead Like Me, or even Curb your enthusiasm for that matter.. but for a "TV" series it looks like it'll shape up pretty good.
Then again I've always been a Dennis Leary Fan as well so that might have something to do with it.
I gotta wonder though, if a person is halucinating and seeing shit.. You'd think he'd be a little more responsible then taking other people into a fire?
RD