PDA

View Full Version : Megan's Law

mtndewdrops
07-21-2004, 08:59 PM
We were considering moving and we wanted to see where the registered sex offenders are. I did a search on Megan's Law and found a website that lists the different related websites state by state. This is some scary shit...definately worth looking at if you are a parent.
http://www.klaaskids.org/pg-legmeg2.htm
Our Results:
Temecula...35:(
http://www.cityoftemecula.org/safety/limits.htm
Lake Havasu City...6:(
http://www.azsexoffender.com/
Well, that makes me want to get out of Temecula, luckily none in my neighborhood. LHC south in zip 86406 has none also.

Toomstone
07-21-2004, 09:24 PM
i cant find any maps of yorba linda???

mtndewdrops
07-22-2004, 05:43 AM
What county is Yorba Linda in? Isn't that near Anaheim Hills?

HavasuDreamin'
07-22-2004, 06:02 AM
Damn.............three in my little podunk city outside of Indianapolis. We keep a tight reign on the kids though.

Toomstone
07-22-2004, 08:41 AM
ya its near anahiem hills in orange county.

miller19j
07-22-2004, 08:43 AM
Can't find Santa Barbara County? :confused:

topless
07-22-2004, 08:56 AM
Here is a link to all the Ca counties. I looked up the ones in Norco and it ts scary because there are 3 in walking distance of my house.........I mean trailer.http://www.brbpub.com/pubrecsitesSearch.asp?type=1&st=California

Lake Pirate
07-22-2004, 09:04 AM
The most dangerous offenders are the ones NOT on the list. I haven't looked but does your list show the offence? I read somewhere that most offenders on the list are convicted of crimes such as lewd in public which is nothing more than getting caught having sex in your car (it happens) or even flashing your unmentionables in public or tons of cases of eighteen year old boys with girls between the age of fifteen and seventeen. Makes it hard to decipher the list? There should be one just for offences with minors only.

Toomstone
07-22-2004, 09:14 AM
ya well the one of lake havasu has the name, adress, picture, and offence.

slink
07-22-2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Lake Pirate
The most dangerous offenders are the ones NOT on the list. I haven't looked but does your list show the offence? I read somewhere that most offenders on the list are convicted of crimes such as lewd in public which is nothing more than getting caught having sex in your car (it happens) or even flashing your unmentionables in public or tons of cases of eighteen year old boys with girls between the age of fifteen and seventeen. Makes it hard to decipher the list? There should be one just for offences with minors only. Here in CA none of the offenses you mentioned would require the person to register.

Lake Pirate
07-22-2004, 09:21 AM
I knew Texas sucked. I just couldn't put my finger on why.

Her454
07-22-2004, 09:27 AM
I went to my local Sheriffs Dept about 4 years ago as I heard there was one on my road.......I live out in the middle of no where....AND THERE WERE 3 ON MY ROAD. My daughter walked it every day to the bus....never again after that.
Also, while surfing through my zip code, found a guy my brother used to hang out with for a long time and used to dive and go camping with us alot..had kids of his own, and was listed in there also. YOU NEVER KNOW. And Lake Pirate is right, it usually does not list the severity of the offense and the worse are not even listed. I would advise anyone with kids to utilize this public tool.

slink
07-22-2004, 09:43 AM
This is my caseload at work and I get the "pleasure" of registering these guys (some gals) on a weekly basis. Most websites should list something like "low risk", "high risk" or "Serious Risk" or green, yellow and red flags accordingly. This should give you a hint as to what they were convicted of. I will tell you this DONT LET YOUR KIDS OUT OF YOUR SIGHT FOR ONE MINUTE. There are some sick fockers out there.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-22-2004, 09:47 AM
is there anyway to get names or anything like that on them.. ?:confused: ;)

slink
07-22-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
is there anyway to get names or anything like that on them.. ?:confused: ;) Yes, Depending on how big your local police department is, they should have a megan's law computer database, if they dont have one the local Sheriff station will. You need to go down there and check in with them (ID required) fill out a simple questionaire. It will pull up names, physical description and a photograph. It wont give you a specific address, but will give you a map locator that is not very hard to figure out.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-22-2004, 10:00 AM
Thank you.. ;)

slink
07-22-2004, 10:07 AM
http://caag.state.ca.us/megan/index.htm Try this site Mrs V.

mtndewdrops
07-22-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by slink
This is my caseload at work and I get the "pleasure" of registering these guys (some gals) on a weekly basis. Most websites should list something like "low risk", "high risk" or "Serious Risk" or green, yellow and red flags accordingly. This should give you a hint as to what they were convicted of. I will tell you this DONT LET YOUR KIDS OUT OF YOUR SIGHT FOR ONE MINUTE. There are some sick fockers out there.
Slink,
We appreciate all your efforts in document these type of people. I am sure it gets old, but keep up the good work.
We don't let our kids play out in front of our house, it's kind of sad though.

slink
07-22-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by mtndewdrops
Slink,
We appreciate all your efforts in document these type of people. I am sure it gets old, but keep up the good work.
We don't let our kids play out in front of our house, it's kind of sad though. Thank you

FRENCHIE
07-22-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by slink
Thank you
hey po, po work on that post count:rolleyes: and also damn run 2 for the 21st august!! get it together now! you could stay at edgewater with us!;)

Outnumbered
07-22-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by mtndewdrops
Slink,
We don't let our kids play out in front of our house, it's kind of sad though.
We are the same way. Decided it just is not worth the risk. Some of our friends and family think we are a little over protective but it only takes one sick fuc k to make life a living hell. It blows me away when I am driving around neighborhoods working how many young kids are playing unsupervised along the streets and how easy it would be to scoop them up never to be seen again. Very sad.
OL

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-22-2004, 09:48 PM
I agree. We live 1 block from a high school and middle school and elementary school.. I see kids that should be with parents walking to school and getting off the bus at age 8 yrs old all day long. It is not safe and then they wonder why there kids get picked up and say.. it is the cops fault for not taking more action.. stupid people should not have kids..

Jrocket
07-22-2004, 09:56 PM
Holy sheet..Just looked and theres 2 living right across the street from my brother in laws place.Thats scarry.My whole are is looking good,so I think it is?

Outnumbered
07-22-2004, 10:03 PM
My brother in law's son almost got kidnapped on the way home from school in Kingman. There are 39 offenders in Kingman:eek: .
OL