PDA

View Full Version : I'm out in 2 hours 10 min

KACHINA KEN
07-21-2004, 10:52 PM
Heading to Lido to launch in just a couple hours, still a lil nervous since it's first time in the ocean but all the gear is rockin so I can just chill out I guess. I have digi and mini DV so I'll get image center topped up when I get back. Have fun at the river, I'll be gettin the salty cherry popped!
Kenny

BADBLOWN572
07-21-2004, 11:13 PM
Where are you launching from and what are your plans. Trust me, you will love the big blue. Definitely worth the clean up when you are done. 1 hour worth of work for tons of fun!

XtrmWakeborder
07-21-2004, 11:19 PM
Damn leavin at 2am?...thats wayyy to early for me.
Have fun

KACHINA KEN
07-21-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by BADBLOWN572
Where are you launching from and what are your plans. Trust me, you will love the big blue. Definitely worth the clean up when you are done. 1 hour worth of work for tons of fun!
http://www.lidodrystack.com/
Catalina with my 2 sweeties from redlands and my fellow roadie bro from L.A.
Snorkling , Horseback riding, hiking and of course cocktails and partying!
I dont guess I'm getting any sleep tonight

BADBLOWN572
07-21-2004, 11:36 PM
Yeah, probably no sleep for you tonight. Oh well it will all be worth it in the end. The snorkling over there is awesome! Been on many dive trips over there and all have been great. I have never actually been on the island though (kind of dissapointing). Oh well, one day I will make it over there. Have fun.
BB572

Mandelon
07-22-2004, 05:47 AM
When you get back make sure and tell Kilrtoy about the 20 foot swells.....:rolleyes: :D

Havasu Hangin'
07-22-2004, 05:52 AM
Bring a big anchor...

dicudmore
07-22-2004, 06:25 AM
right on Ken have a good trip :D

dicudmore
07-22-2004, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by titties and beer
HAVE FUN we leave for powell at 3 as soon as wifey gets home:D
you have a good trip there too Mark :D

kevnmcd
07-22-2004, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by KACHINA KEN
http://www.lidodrystack.com/
Catalina with my 2 sweeties from redlands and my fellow roadie bro from L.A.
Snorkling , Horseback riding, hiking and of course cocktails and partying!
I dont guess I'm getting any sleep tonight
Ken - Does this place put boats in the water for the general public? I thought you had to have a dry dock there to get those services? How much did they charge you?

beer hunter
07-22-2004, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by kevnmcd
Ken - Does this place put boats in the water for the general public? I thought you had to have a dry dock there to get those services? How much did they charge you?
Kev, just dip the darn trailer and be done with it. ;) :D

dicudmore
07-22-2004, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by beer hunter
that seems so much easier....
back in, turn key, shift to reverse, be on your way.

kevnmcd
07-22-2004, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by beer hunter
Easy for you to say! :yuk:

beer hunter
07-22-2004, 07:11 AM
Easy for you to say! :yuk:
:D:D :D

Steamin' Rice
07-22-2004, 08:09 AM
It's not that bad putting the trailer in the salt water. My last trailer was just a painted Extreme and it held up fairly well after two years of salt water boating. If you rinse the trailer off with fresh water right after launching, the salt water doesn't have too much time to do damage. My extreme was a tube trailer, so I would put the hose in the drain holes foe the tubes and fill them up with fresh water to rinse them out. Over time, you will get some rust spots no matter what you do, but that's part of the tradeoff for boating in the ocean...

beer hunter
07-22-2004, 08:34 AM
Kev, I think Cigarette1 already answered that on another thread. :)
Originally posted by cigarette1
Hold your horses .... Unless you signup for dry storage at the Lido Dryslip, I don't think they will touch your boat. Cost is roughly $18/ft on an annual contract and about $21/ft monthly. Once your boat resides at the dryslip, there is no charge for launches(charge for trailer load/unload). There's about an 80 boat waiting list.
D'oh
;)