PDA

View Full Version : Still Kicking Butt in Iraq

BigBoyToys
07-22-2004, 04:49 AM
I haven't seen much on here lately about our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan (and elsewhere) so I thought I figured I'd bring it up again. Here's a link to a video on what happened with one of my nephews in Iraq last week, all captured on video by Fox News
BBT's Nephew's close call in Ramadi, Iraq (http://www.pritek.net/iraq/Ramadi.mpg) May be best to right click on it and hit "save target as" and save it to your desktop and then view it.
My nephew was sitting on the passenger side, front, of the Humvee that "disappears" in flames. He got knocked unconcious and got burned on his face and hand. 1/2 Hour later, he was out of the hospital with a blistered face and hands, along with a concussion, and within moments after that, he was headed out with his group in the Marines, the 2/4 Weapons Co. and battling insurgents again, killing a bunch and capturing a bunch.
They also had another clash in the same area, same street, yesterday, in which they Killed 25, wounded 17, and captured 20 Insurgents. Last wednesday (When this video was taken) had no casualties, and yesterday there were 11 Marines wounded, but none life threatening. I have a video from yesterday's battle also but don't have it digitized for the computer yet. I also have another nephew who recently returned back home here after a year tour in the AL Anbar Area while on duty with the 82nd Airborne. He recently got out of the Army and is now looking for a job as a Police Officer.
Our Men and Women are Kicking Butt over there and doing a GREAT Job, but you never hear positive things about it in our media back home here because they are too biased (Most media Leans Democrat and reports in that matter :rolleyes: ) So, it's time once again to post up a Thank you to our Men and Women who serve in the US Military to preserve our freedoms.
God Bless our Troops and God Bless the USA!

MagicMtnDan
07-22-2004, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by BigBoyToys
So, it's time once again to post up a Thank you to our Men and Women who serve in the US Military to preserve our freedoms.
God Bless our Troops and God Bless the USA!
Agreed no matter how many think it's the "stupidest war ever." (dumbasses)

BigBoyToys
07-22-2004, 05:39 AM
Yeah, I hear ya. Has anyone noticed though that terrorist attacks around the World have been nearly none since we took out those idiots in Afghanistan and Iraq? You never hear that being reported. It's always the "US is Evil" crap and ya hear it every day. Why don't the news report the stuff as it is, rather than searching through it and looking for the Anti-USA stuff. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

mtndewdrops
07-22-2004, 05:50 AM
I work on the RQ-4B Global Hawk and it has been seeing some combat time. Our vehicle is unmanned and flies at 60,000 feet for up to 28 hours taking infrared and electro-optical images to send them down to the ground for the commanders to make target decisions in theatre.
No pilot to get shot down like the U-2.

spectratoad
07-22-2004, 05:58 AM
Great to hear he or any others weren't hurt too bad. I support our troops and our Prez 150%. I can't stand that puke that is spouting out of so many of our supposed fellow Americans. At some point freedom of speech is not an excuse to open your mouth.
Yes this is directed to the Micheal Moores, Linda Rondstats, Whoopi Goldberg etc...:mad:
God Bless our troops and civilians out there doing the dirty work that needs to be done.:D Clean up that trash.

homer
07-22-2004, 06:09 AM
Why cant people say what they want? Because they dont agree with what you have to say? How does not supporting the war make you Anti-American? Please expalin.

spectratoad
07-22-2004, 06:23 AM
There is a line between not supporting it and trying to demoralize a country because you have large access to the public. Resorting to name calling and accusations that are not backed with any substance is not healthy for the structure of the country.
Freedom of speech is a right to be used with some sort of constructive process.

BigBoyToys
07-22-2004, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by homer
Why cant people say what they want? Because they dont agree with what you have to say? How does not supporting the war make you Anti-American? Please expalin.
Not supporting the war is fine, that's your opinion. What I'm talking about is the bashing that's going on and the clearly biased media that shows all of the Anti-America crap and don't show the good things. I think I read somewhere that the new york times had a front page story on the Abu Gharib thing like 46 times, yet they have not put 1 news article on the front page about all of the good that is happening in Iraq. Sure there's some bad parts to the situation, but believe it or not, there has been far more good than bad that has came out of this. And furthermore, MOST Iraqi's are VERY supportive of the USA and the troops that freed them from the years of opression. But do you see them on TV? NOOOOOO, all you see is the flag burning and the anti-American crap.
Then there's the other bashing from individuals, like Moore (Let me add, that the Fahrenheit 9/11 is PURELY FICTIONAL and NOT FACTUAL), Ronstadt, Goldberg, Dixie Chickens, etc etc. There's a time and place for everything, but the way that they chose to display their views, and on the platform that they did it, is purely wrong. But I think the thing that pisses me off the most, is that most anti-war folks are taking it out on the troops who are just doing their job. Whether you support the war or not should make no difference on your support for our troops. AFter all, it is those same US Military Troops that preserve your RIGHT to express your opinion.
If you don't like the way the country is being run, do something about it. But to put the USA down and call it an "Evil Empire" is ANTI AMERICAN all the way. If you don't like it, quit whining and pointing fingers and do something about it, you have that voice and right in a democracy. But if you wanna whine, get the hell out of the country and go live somewhere else!
God Bless our Troops and God Bless the USA!!!!!

BigBoyToys
07-22-2004, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by spectratoad
There is a line between not supporting it and trying to demoralize a country because you have large access to the public. Resorting to name calling and accusations that are not backed with any substance is not healthy for the structure of the country.
Freedom of speech is a right to be used with some sort of constructive process.
Correct! I agree 100%

homer
07-22-2004, 06:37 AM
As far as namecalling, it seems people on this board don`t mind calling liberals names. This country was founded on the ideas of tolerance and freedom of speech,among others obviously. It seems people get caught in Rt vs. Lft. rather then right vs. wrong. People let their egos dirve them rather than reason. They defend their "team" at all costs.

BigBoyToys
07-22-2004, 06:43 AM
And to say that the USA is NOT better off now than what it was a few years ago is PURE BS!!!! Those terrorists, and Nations that support terrorists, have all got to go down! Or else it will NEVER end. Terrorists are mainly aimed at the USA because they are jealous....we have what they want.
They won't stop if we don't stop them. And stop them we must or it will continue. Do you (Homer) not remember 9/11? Do you think that after 9/11 the terrorists said that "OK, that's enough, we hurt them and we're done now". Hell no! They would have kept attacking us and it would have been ongoing and more frequent. THAT is why we took it to them in Afghanistan first, and then Iraq. Have you noticed homer, that there have not been anymore terrorist attacks on US soil since we took it to them? That's because we've disrupted their network so bad that they are in a state of confusion and hiding. Where terrorists once roamed around freely in Terrorist supported countries, they now cannot and are in hiding. That is the "Oh $hit" factor. They KNOW now that they messed up BAD and they KNOW that we will not stop pursueing terrorism, wherever in the World it takes us.
And North Korea, Jordan, and Iran best get their act together pretty quick too or they will find more trouble than they want. Look at Khadaffi in Libya, he saw our resolve and he turned over a new leaf and now Libya is way better off than what they were a few years ago, and are actually enjoying life now that they have gone straight.
Yes, I support the War... The War in Afghanistan and Iraq is no different than what happened on December 7, 1941 at Pearl Harbor. It's just that the names and methods have changed and the aggressors are hiding in terrorist sponsored countries....Where we must go to get them and kill them before they kill us!

BigBoyToys
07-22-2004, 06:48 AM
As far as namecalling, it seems people on this board don`t mind calling liberals names. This country was founded on the ideas of tolerance and freedom of speech,among others obviously. It seems people get caught in Rt vs. Lft. rather then right vs. wrong. People let their egos dirve them rather than reason. They defend their "team" at all costs.
You didn't hear me doing any name calling of Liberals or Conservatives. We're all American and we ALL need to preserve our American way of life. If it takes war, then so be it.
You have no idea if I am a Democrat, Republican, or other. In fact, I vote my conscience on who and what I think is best for me, my family, and my country. SOme Republican things I disagree with, some Democrat things I disagree with, but I don't defend my "TEAM" and vote one way all the time.
What I am defending, is the United States of America, the freedoms that we enjoy, and the means by which we must use to maintain those freedoms!

BigBoyToys
07-22-2004, 06:51 AM
We must be able to maintain our freedoms without fear, and that is what this war is all about. Like it or not, that's the low down on it.
Well, you've all got my opinions now, as well as a video of my Nephew doing his duty in Iraq. I'm done on this topic since the ignorance that some people have just pisses me off at times. I'll just sit back and read from here on:cool:
I support our troops 150% No matter where they are, and what they are doing. All troops, past, present, and future, are heroes in my mind, and I appreciate it very much what they do for me, my family, and my Country.
God Bless our Troops and God Bless the USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spectratoad
07-22-2004, 07:20 AM
Out of all that was written that is all you have to reply with. I would take that as some sort of agreement however small it is.
Since two of your four post are here in this thread it is obvious that you may have just stumbled across the site and decided to talk politics and stir shit. No problem but politics and religion are both never ending/never winning conversations. So, 'in my best liberal whiney voice' I am going to take my opinion and go home, I don't want to play anymore.:D

RiverDave
07-22-2004, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
Agreed no matter how many think it's the "stupidest war ever." (dumbasses)
yeah **** those guys..
RD

Jeanyus
07-22-2004, 08:34 AM
Big Boy Toys
Please pass this on to your nephews .Mere words cannot express how we feel about our people in uniform but I'll try.
" The AMERICANS in Auburn Ca. wish to thank them for serving our great country so bravely. We support them 100%. We have the utmost respect for them, and rejoice when they return home. We wish them all the best for the rest of thier lives. We uderstand the sacrifices that they have made. We are proud of you. We love our service men and women!"
Terrorists have made it clear that they are determined to kill americans, to the piont that they are willing to die doing it.
But they have proved to be no match for the US military.
I will never forget 9-11, I was not around then, but I still think about Pearl Harbor.
Truly evil people want to destroy the USA the only thing stopping them are the people in uniform.
RZ Son of a WW ll vet.