PDA

View Full Version : Financing

JET-O-VATOR
07-22-2004, 07:10 AM
OK THIS ISNT BOAT RELATED BUT I DONT KNOW WHO TO ASK... MY CAR IS SLOWLY BUT SURELY DIEING AND IM DONE WITH PUTTING MILES ON IT AND WORKING ON IT AND I WANT TO START RESTORING HER.... BUT HERES THE PROBLEM.. IM ONLY 19 AND NOBODY WANTS TO FINANCE ME..ANY ADVISE ????
THANKS IN ADVANCE DANIEL

Bre
07-22-2004, 07:21 AM
Yep..your screwd Daniel:p

HavasuDreamin'
07-22-2004, 07:24 AM
Your probably screwed. Only way is to get an unsecured loan from a bank, and at 19, you will be hard pressed unless you have 6-12 months of solid work history making adequate money for said loan.

Freak
07-22-2004, 07:26 AM
Co-signer

JET-O-VATOR
07-22-2004, 07:27 AM
IM COOL ON BOTH OF THOSE... IM MAKING GOOD MONEY THE ONLY REAL BILLS I HAVE IS MY INSURANCE AND CELL PHONE...

JET-O-VATOR
07-22-2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Bre
Yep..your screwd Daniel:p
THANX FOR THE SUPPORT BRE:)

DOHARA
07-22-2004, 07:38 AM
Start a savings or checking account with a credit union, then you can get a loan.

JET-O-VATOR
07-22-2004, 07:48 AM
THAT WHAT IM DOING TODAY IM GUNNA TRANSFER FUNDS INTO A CREDIT UNION TODAY... SHOULDA DONE THAT DAY ONE... HOW LONG DO YOU HAVE TO BE WITH THEM UNTIL THEY WILL FINANCE YOU???

Bre
07-22-2004, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by JET-O-VATOR
THANX FOR THE SUPPORT BRE:)
:D No problem. My brother just turned 20...and he wanted to buy my banshee off of me....they wouldn't let him do it with his lack of credit history. So my dad just took a loan out for him with his credit union at work. So ask mommy and daddy for some help:p Once you get to be 21/22 you shouldn't have a problem... at least I haven't had a problem since then.

Bre
07-22-2004, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by JET-O-VATOR
THAT WHAT IM DOING TODAY IM GUNNA TRANSFER FUNDS INTO A CREDIT UNION TODAY... SHOULDA DONE THAT DAY ONE... HOW LONG DO YOU HAVE TO BE WITH THEM UNTIL THEY WILL FINANCE YOU???
Call them and ask before you do it.

JET-O-VATOR
07-22-2004, 07:54 AM
I DUNNO I JUST GOT TO FIQUER THIS SH!T OUT

Jordy
07-22-2004, 08:02 AM
Bre, you have a banshee? You rock. :D

Bre
07-22-2004, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by jordanpaulk
Bre, you have a banshee? You rock. :D
Had. He bought it. After I was pregnant with our second I figured I better get rid of it. PLus Andy isn't/wasn't as into riding as I am/was. He's more of a river person and I'm more of a glamis person. So since i have been with him I have had to stop/give up snowboarding and riding. Not as fun doing it by yourself:frown: He isn't as open minded as I am into trying new things.

dicudmore
07-22-2004, 08:21 AM
establishing/maintaining good credit is one of the hardest things you'll do

dicudmore
07-22-2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Bre
Had. He bought it. After I was pregnant with our second I figured I better get rid of it. PLus Andy isn't/wasn't as into riding as I am/was. He's more of a river person and I'm more of a glamis person. So since i have been with him I have had to stop/give up snowboarding and riding. Not as fun doing it by yourself:frown: He isn't as open minded as I am into trying new things.
sounds like he got you into the river though, thats cool :D
I'm having a hard time getting mine to get into the lake thing.
She only wants to go once in a while

Bre
07-22-2004, 08:23 AM
It's hard???:confused:

dicudmore
07-22-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Bre
It's hard???:confused:
I was talking about credit....
we haven't seen any pics lately ;)

MagicMtnDan
07-22-2004, 08:26 AM
Start by getting a co-signer and make the payments on time! (early is better - get yourself in the habit of paying a week ahead of the due date). It takes a while to build up credit and only one screw-up to wreck it.
Good luck!

Bre
07-22-2004, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by dicudmore
sounds like he got you into the river though, thats cool :D
I'm having a hard time getting mine to get into the lake thing.
She only wants to go once in a while
I can prob. be into just about anything as long as it's not gonna hurt anyone.:D
I adjust pretty well . I have been going to the river since I was a lil girl.... but I have always just been more into riding... camping... and not showering:eek: :D
Rivers fun too..I just lost touch with a lot of my glamis friends.

Bre
07-22-2004, 08:27 AM
I was talking about credit....
we haven't seen any pics lately ;)
Yeah I don't think maintaining good credit is hard at all. You just make sure you have enough money to pay for what you have..and you pay it on time. So far so good with us:p
pics...I've never heard of pics.

dicudmore
07-22-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Bre
Yeah I don't think maintaining good credit is hard at all. You just make sure you have enough money to pay for what you have..and you pay it on time. So far so good with us:p
pics...I've never heard of pics.
You're right its not hard if you pay your bills....
Apparently a lot of americans don't pay on time or get way over their heads :(

Boozer
07-22-2004, 09:42 AM
Do the credit union route. At 18 I had absolutely 0 credit established. got a credit union and 4 weeks later financed a car through them. The dealerships found me financing but wanted 18% interest and 25% down. Credit union as for 10% down and 6.95% interest.
Bre if you ever wanna go snowboarding when winter comes hit me up. I'm a snowboardaholic.

Bre
07-22-2004, 10:19 AM
I will :p

Bahner tunnel
07-23-2004, 01:27 AM
Although this has nothing to do with credit, Banshee's are bad ass.Here is my old one, I don't have any pics of the new one yet to post.

boatnam2
07-23-2004, 05:57 AM
pm missboatnam she will tell if you can get financing no strings attached.

spute
07-23-2004, 09:01 AM
establishing/maintaining good credit is one of the hardest things you'll do
Absolutely!!!! Bad credit is debilatating (SP?) on so many levels. i know quite a few people that have filed bankruptcy and it is impossible for them to do anything or get anything. People in their early 20's have no clue about credit and no idea how important it is when you want to buy a car, house, or BOAT!

welk2party
07-23-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by spute
Absolutely!!!! Bad credit is debilatating (SP?) on so many levels. i know quite a few people that have filed bankruptcy and it is impossible for them to do anything or get anything. People in their early 20's have no clue about credit and no idea how important it is when you want to buy a car, house, or BOAT!
Actually, credit is usually more available after BK. The cost of money is higher but you should be able to get what you need.