PDA

View Full Version : Do IPOD's skip???

4day!!
07-22-2004, 10:40 AM
I know there is a audio forum but i need some feedback quick. I am thinking of getting an mp3 player to plug into the boat stereo. My cd player skips like a SOB. I want an MP3 player like an ipod, not one of those 256 memory jobs. i think the high capacity mp3 are like hard drives that are spinning. Will they skip while riding in the boat?? I want to hook it up thru RCA in the back of the deck.

likeFATHERlikeSON3
07-22-2004, 10:45 AM
i have had on for 6 months and it has never skipped. I think it has about a 30 min skip protection. It is the best thing i have ever gotten www.apple.com/ipod more info

4day!!
07-22-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by likeFATHERlikeSON3
i have had on for 6 months and it has never skipped. I think it has about a 30 min skip protection. It is the best thing i have ever gotten www.apple.com/ipod more info
how do u have it hooked up to your stereo?

likeFATHERlikeSON3
07-22-2004, 10:55 AM
in the car i use a tape adapter that actually sounds great. trick is you have to turn the volume down on the ipod about 1/3
at home i have it hooked up with a audio input cable from Monster Cable. they make stuff specifically for ipod. At the lake on our houseboat strero deck it plugs in right where the cd changer goes. Monster also has a way to broadcast the ipod over any fm radio station if you are within 3 feet of the deck

Slib77
07-22-2004, 01:30 PM
A good audio shop should be able to integrate a docking station.
We do this type of thing at our shop in Burbank.
You can also go with FM modulation.

MagicMtnDan
07-22-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Slib77
A good audio shop should be able to integrate a docking station.
We do this type of thing at our shop in Burbank.
You can also go with FM modulation.
What's the name of your shop in Burbank? What kind of work do you do? (location?)

Slib77
07-22-2004, 02:17 PM
GEARTECH MOBILE MULTIMEDIA
Monitors, custom enclosures, back up cameras, you name we do it.
We are @ Burbank and Victory
I can e-mail you pix of the work we do if you're interested.
Serge