PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a big flatbed trailer...

Froggystyle
07-22-2004, 04:21 PM
I am looking for a 30+ foot long flatbed trailer. Prefer gooseneck, hitch tow OK. If gooseneck, can be up to 40'
Anyone know anyone?
Would prefer good working shape... but I need to do some welding on it anyway for bracketry.
I need to build something that will haul 2+ boats across country in one shot.

PHOTOGLOU
07-22-2004, 04:28 PM
Try Jaison Nappi owner of Ultra Haulers its a trailer co in Corona Cell number is 909 258 7157 tell him Jay Photoglou sent you I think he's looking for a new boat too

Froggystyle
07-22-2004, 04:32 PM
Thanks for the referral. Is this a manufacturer?

PHOTOGLOU
07-22-2004, 04:34 PM
Yes mainly custom stuff but really a cool guy

jbtrailerjim
07-22-2004, 04:40 PM
Are you refering to a semi-truck trailer flat bed? If so, I can find you one. I do business with lot's of used trailer dealers here in Fontana were my shop is located. Probably the best thing to haul two of your boats would be a single drop 45'-48' flat bed. Thats a common size and should be easy to find. A 40' will be a little more difficult to find.

Stupid Fast
07-22-2004, 05:32 PM
Sounds like a road trip. Would you be bringing the Trident to my neck of the woods?

rrrr
07-22-2004, 06:50 PM
Must be bringing my factory Demo boat to Big D!! :D :D

NashvilleBound
07-22-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Froggystyle
I am looking for a 30+ foot long flatbed trailer. Prefer gooseneck, hitch tow OK. If gooseneck, can be up to 40'
Anyone know anyone?
Would prefer good working shape... but I need to do some welding on it anyway for bracketry.
I need to build something that will haul 2+ boats across country in one shot.
Tow to TN?? :rolleyes: If their is someone in North County with something like that Lonnie will know. I sent you his number on the last e mail...

HighRoller
07-22-2004, 09:14 PM
Wes, how big are the boats? If they are 20+ ft, you obviously will need a trailer designed for boats that staggers them or stores them at an angle. I would recommend trying to find a company that hauls boats from back east to California. They are always looking for backhauls and would probably give you a pretty good rate. The other option is to find a couple used trailers to borrow and tow the boats individually. Gas for two pickups would be cheaper than the rate for a semi hauling two at once. PM me if you need any help.

NashvilleBound
07-23-2004, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by HighRoller
The other option is to find a couple used trailers to borrow and tow the boats individually. Gas for two pickups would be cheaper than the rate for a semi hauling two at once. PM me if you need any help.
That goes for me too. If you need me to do a RT from TN let me know. I've still got my 50% off coupon in my wallet........

lucky
07-23-2004, 05:43 AM
I think there is a very knowledgble driver - whom would be willing to haul boat's ( any room for his v drive ) think mesa az ? lol ..

Froggystyle
07-23-2004, 06:31 AM
Thanks for the responses guys.
The deal is that it looks like we are going to need to get creative with the transportation of these things. They will be moving too far with too much frequency to do anything but establish a system. Even if it is just up to Corona, I still want to be able to take two boats at a time.
Plus, I don't want to drive the boat on it's new trailer. I think it should be brand spankin new when the owner gets it... so, we will shrink wrap it, put it on a trailer, and ship it on off.
I would like to put two on at the same time if I can. Staggered, with the top one facing forward, on it's trailer that I am having Extreme build some brackets for, and elevated above the bottom one, which faces the rear.
I was also hoping to tow it with my Duramax, which may be a tall order. Boat weight on the trailer is around 5K a piece.
Anyway, things to think about.
Thanks guys.

NashvilleBound
07-23-2004, 08:03 AM
Your Chebby will be a though go....you'll need a FORD!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

N2Lake
07-23-2004, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by NashvilleBound
Your Chebby will be a though go....you'll need a FORD!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D
Or a Freightliner. The weight will not be as much of a problem as the wind drag. Also to stack the boats as high as I am seeing it in my mind will a SRW pickup be stable enough?

Froggystyle
07-23-2004, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by LoneStarRage
Or a Freightliner. The weight will not be as much of a problem as the wind drag. Also to stack the boats as high as I am seeing it in my mind will a SRW pickup be stable enough?
To quell the misconception... we are buying at least a dually for the purpose. I need a better shop truck anyway. Mine is more of a show vehicle/image vehicle at this point. Great for hauling boats and folks, but I need something for employees to drive, pick up engines etc... and we need a longbed.
Plus, mine is owned by me, and this truck will be corporate. I am also thinking hard about a pimped out Kodiak with a Cat (I think that is what they have), but it may be tough to drive around for normal daily stuff.
I have seen a regular dually pulling a car hauler trailer with a hell of a lot more weight than I am going to be rolling without a problem. I know it CAN work. I just don't know if it SHOULD work...
Such is life.

jbtrailerjim
07-23-2004, 09:10 AM
One of these would look mighty fine pulling a trailer with 2 of your boats loaded up on it.
http://www.freightlinertrucks.com/images/products/use/recreational-4-door-sport-chassis.jpg

Froggystyle
07-23-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by jbtrailerjim
One of these would look mighty fine pulling a trailer with 2 of your boats loaded up on it.
http://www.freightlinertrucks.com/images/products/use/recreational-4-door-sport-chassis.jpg
Agreed. Pimp.
Have you ever heard of a Landoll trailer? I was looking at converting a Landoll Rolloll for my purpose.
Any input?

Froggystyle
07-23-2004, 09:15 AM
If you towed with a big rig, I could do a gooseneck with two boats, and a trailer with two also, correct?

jbtrailerjim
07-23-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Froggystyle
Agreed. Pimp.
Have you ever heard of a Landoll trailer? I was looking at converting a Landoll Rolloll for my purpose.
Any input?
Yeah, There a good trailer. They will be more money though and whatever truck you use to pull it will have to have a pto setup on it, so you can operate the hydraulics. I'm not sure if you would benefit from having the deck tilt though because once you build a rack on it to stack the trailers, the rack would probably get in the way and prevent you from rolling the trailer up on it.

NashvilleBound
07-23-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by LoneStarRage
We have a Freightliner just like whats pictures....I've already offered it.