PDA

View Full Version : Gay Marriage ?

robert_pv
07-23-2004, 12:51 AM
This is wrong!!
How can the rest of the world respect us as Americans, when in the USA gays are getting marriage licences. God bless America and may all gays go straight to a counselor. I believe homosexuality is a choice not a condition.

plaster dave
07-23-2004, 01:00 AM
u r so f***ing stupid who cares let them do what they want. o ya by the way the rest of the world doesnt care about it u dumb a$$ just my .02 :D

robert_pv
07-23-2004, 01:09 AM
Its appears you must be a faggot and by the way you can take your .02 up your A$$

plaster dave
07-23-2004, 01:24 AM
lol what r u scared of??????????? if you r not gay what does it affect u if they want to married???? by the way ill be @ parker this weekend @ riverland come say that shit to my face u little P***y i will be in a 26 howard cat u cant miss it. :eek:

Boozer
07-23-2004, 01:32 AM
Most modernized societies have already accepted homosexuals. the US is one of the last to jump on the bandwagon. What's the big deal? Let PEOPLE do what PEOPLE want to do as long as it isnt hurting anyone else. Isn't that what freedom is all about?

robert_pv
07-23-2004, 01:37 AM
It's an Adam and Eve thing.
Thanks for the invite for this weekend but I dont play with faggots

Boozer
07-23-2004, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by robert_pv
It's an Adam and Eve thing.
Thanks for the invite for this weekend but I dont play with faggots
You are the epitome of ignorance.

BarryMac
07-23-2004, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by Boozer
You are the epitome of ignorance.
Boozer, you said exactly what I was thinking. I am more concerned about ignorant people like this robert guy than any homosexual, let them be they aren't hurting you ya loser...
gjb

chub
07-23-2004, 06:12 AM
Can't agree with you on this. Marriage = Man+Woman. I don't think our founding fathers were down with the gay either. Just MY .02.

PlyaPlya22
07-23-2004, 06:15 AM
WTF...to each his own! Do whatch ya like.

Jeanyus
07-23-2004, 06:25 AM
I guess that gay poeple are worried, because they think it's morally wrong to live with thier lover. So they want to make it right by getting married ?

lucky
07-23-2004, 06:26 AM
who cares - - as long as they keep it between them and don't impose there beliefs on children - who really cares -- if your not a proud american - get the fck out -- thats what's wrong today - if your not happy and you don't want to make this the best place in the world - get out......... we don't need ya -- mexico is nice this time of year ...

chub
07-23-2004, 06:27 AM
Fully agree with do what you want..... But I don't wanna know about it. I'm not pushin my beliefs on anybody. I don't want thiers either.

BarryMac
07-23-2004, 06:50 AM
I know a few gay people and they don't push their sexuality on you, they don't want to hear about your straight sex either...
gjb

HCS
07-23-2004, 06:52 AM
FAGOTS!

Bre
07-23-2004, 07:08 AM
That shit is so focking ANAL!!
How can the rest of the world respect us as Americans, when in the USA gays are getting marriage licences. I don't want to be associated as an American with any faggots. God bless America and may all fudge packers go straight to hell.
Your kidding me right?? Are you serious? I'm sure you do shit that some of us would not like. You need to get over this. Why dwell on it? It's really not that big of a deal... and unless you just stay in the house all day long everyday...you should be used to it. As long as they are not harming me or my family in anyway...people can do whatever they want to do. In front of me or behind closed doors... I don't find it sick in any way. Hope you don't have any kids...and if you do I sure as hell hope for their sake that they don't end up gay.

91nordic29
07-23-2004, 07:11 AM
How can the rest of the world respect us as Americans, when in the USA gays are getting marriage licences. I don't want to be associated as an American with any faggots. God bless America and may all fudge packers go straight to hell.
WHERE ARE YOUR PARENTS!!!!!

Froggystyle
07-23-2004, 07:14 AM
My favorite recent quote on the subject was by a comedian recently. He asked basically, what is the big deal? What are the religious right trying to do, keep gay people from having sex?...
Then he said "If you want to keep them from having sex, you should WANT them to get married. Sure, they will have sex for a year or two, but after that... once, twice a year tops!" :D

syke-o
07-23-2004, 07:19 AM
i say let them get married... let them be able to take advantage of some of the perks of being married, such as insurance, benefits, and tax breaks..... how does it affect you if they get some extra perks???

Bre
07-23-2004, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Froggystyle
My favorite recent quote on the subject was by a comedian recently. He asked basically, what is the big deal? What are the religious right trying to do, keep gay people from having sex?...
Then he said "If you want to keep them from having sex, you should WANT them to get married. Sure, they will have sex for a year or two, but after that... once, twice a year tops!" :D
LMAO.....
But so not true for us:p ;)

HCS
07-23-2004, 07:22 AM
The time is fast approaching to purge this country of the sickness that envelops it..Gays getting married,teens idolizing slut pig trash,draft dodging cowards in the white house,baseball players on steroids breaking records of the true greats,constant attacks on our Constitution,government lies,big corporation corruption..This country is going to shit, I call for the formation of a seperate army of true American citizens..An army of true patriots to save America from its true enemys..

Bre
07-23-2004, 07:24 AM
Last time I checked.... steroids didn't help baseball players hit the ball.

91nordic29
kind of ironic that you would say that. sounds like the pot calling the kettle black:D :p :yuk:

Kachina26
Marriage is basically a religious function in which you stand before God and promise to love, honor....etc. If being gay goes against that religion, then why would you want it condoned by someone who does not condone it? I'm all for civil union or even marriage if they want. I just don't understand it.

HCS
07-23-2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Bre
Last time I checked.... steroids didn't help baseball players hit the ball.
According to Mark Maguire it doesn't.:rolleyes:

91nordic29
07-23-2004, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Kachina26
Marriage is basically a religious function in which you stand before God and promise to love, honor....etc. If being gay goes against that religion, then why would you want it condoned by someone who does not condone it? I'm all for civil union or even marriage if they want. I just don't understand it.
then there is the school of thought that if ANY religion goes against love of fellow human beings, whatever the case, well, what kind of religion is that? just a thought:cool:

Bre
07-23-2004, 07:34 AM
It helps keep them healthy throughout the year so their muscles do not get tired, from what I am told.
So back to this gay topic;)

spectratoad
07-23-2004, 07:39 AM
I agree that the thread starter is pretty ignorant and may try activating a few more brain cells before touching the keyboard.
I don't think this whole gay marriage thing should be a Constitutional Amendment, leave it up to the States.
Did you hear though about a gay couple up in San Fran is now getting a divorce? They got their license, one wants a divorce with some of the property, alimony etc... and the other is saying that he can't do that because the marriage was never a legal one.:D Sorry there buddy, can't have it both ways (no pun intended). Welcome to the reality of marriage/divorce.:D

Jeanyus
07-23-2004, 07:45 AM
I'm really confused by this issue. They have civil unions, which entitles them to benifits, etc. The average civil union lasts 18 months, and the relationship is not monogamous, according to what I have read.
A civil union is like a fake marriage. To me a gay marriage is fake.
Couldent they have a fake wedding, a fake marriage, then in 18 months get a fake divorce.
It feels like, to me, it's not so much that the wany gay marriage, but more that they want to take away what marriage means to striaght people.
And yes it does feel like this is being forced upon us.
I am willing to let gays live thier lives and be left alone, why won't the let me live my live, and be left alone.
Why can't I keep something that means a lot to me? without somone trying to take it away.

mary
07-23-2004, 07:55 AM
I personally have five children and don't want this forced on them.
I feel it is a union between man/woman & God. I don't really care what they do like some of you say, but allowing Gay marriage is condoning it.(IMO) I do not want to teach my children it is ok, I believe it is sinful behavior. Marriage is what the Bible teaches, Man & Woman, gays shouldn't take that away from us. My .02

Bre
07-23-2004, 08:00 AM
We have two kids. As long as they have manners, are polite and respectful, get good grades and do well in school , nothing else really matters. I am not going to say that being gay is right or wrong to them..because I do not think it is totally wrong nor do I think it is totally right. We will love our kids no matter what they decide to do in life...or whomever they fall in love with. I just want them to be themselves.

OutCole'd
07-23-2004, 08:01 AM
My wife & I were married in a civil service, not before God. I still consider my self just as married as someone who was married before " God".
I have no problem with Gay's at all. Some I know would make better parents than some straight couples that I know.
Just mt .02

Bre
07-23-2004, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by OutCole'd
My wife & I were married in a civil service, not before God. I still consider my self just as married as someone who was married before " God".
I have no problem with Gay's at all. Some I know would make better parents than some straight couples that I know.
Just mt .02
Agree:p

OutCole'd
07-23-2004, 08:04 AM
Just to add something to this, I would rather hang out have a beer with a cool gay couple than a holy roller couple anytime.

91nordic29
07-23-2004, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by mary
what "forced" on them?
I feel it is a union between man/woman & God. I don't really care what they do like some of you say, but allowing Gay marriage is condoning it.(IMO) I do not want to teach my children it is ok, I believe it is sinful behavior. Marriage is what the Bible teaches, Man & Woman, gays shouldn't take that away from us.
tak what away from us?
:confused:

Kachina26
07-23-2004, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by 91nordic29
then there is the school of thought that if ANY religion goes against love of fellow human beings, whatever the case, well, what kind of religion is that? just a thought:cool:
Love the sinner hate the sin. Even the gays are able to be saved, Christ surrounded himself with the worst sinners. But that is a whole other thread.

Bre
07-23-2004, 08:06 AM
tak what away from us?
:confused:
I think that marriage is only suppose to be for a man and a woman;)

Jeanyus
07-23-2004, 08:11 AM
Take away the meaning of marriage. Between a man and a woman

91nordic29
07-23-2004, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by OutCole'd
Just to add something to this, I would rather hang out have a beer with a cool gay couple than a holy roller couple anytime.
amen:cool:

plaster dave
07-23-2004, 08:12 AM
I feel it is a union between man/woman & God. I don't really care what they do like some of you say, but allowing Gay marriage is condoning it.(IMO) I do not want to teach my children it is ok, I believe it is sinful behavior. Marriage is what the Bible teaches, Man & Woman, gays shouldn't take that away from us. My .02
mary who wrote the bible man come dont start this topic.
:D

91nordic29
07-23-2004, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Jeanyus
Take away the meaning of marriage. Between a man and a woman
marriage is not only on paper, its in your heart. that cant be taken away.
i guess it depends on what your "idea" of marriage is.

KingCole
07-23-2004, 08:14 AM
Did you know that only half of the gay population was born that way? The other half was sucked into it!

91nordic29
07-23-2004, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by plaster dave
mary who wrote the bible man come dont start this topic.
:D
uh, could you rephrase that?:confused:

Jeanyus
07-23-2004, 08:20 AM
Well I love my dog, I guess it would bo OK to marry the animal.

Bre
07-23-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by KingCole
Did you know that only half of the gay population was born that way? The other half was sucked into it!
I believe that:)

91nordic29
now you are being rediculous.

Bre
A human being and an animal are two totally different things.
When you get pregnant does an animal come out of you?
Don't see how you can compare it to that:confused:

repo man
07-23-2004, 08:26 AM
if a man gets a man pregnant what comes out?

Bre
now you are being rediculous.
Thank you!!!!
TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT THINGS
Please correct me if I am wrong though.

Garrddogg
Dude looking at the time you posted this I'm guessing you must be Fugged up, if not youre an ASS !:D
Usually people that have such hatred or strong feelings for something like this have had some sort of history in it !!:eek:
I say let em do what they want.. just dont force it on anyone!
I am more worried and ashamed about ignorant ****ers like you than than gay people.
And I AM an AMERICAN ! (and hetero)
Force 26:D

wantacat
07-23-2004, 08:27 AM
I pesonally have a cousin thats a dike. Does it bother me? No way! Some of the people i work w/ are gay and are some of the nicest people. I could care less if they get married, means no harm to me. I think theres a lot of igorant people out there when it comes to this topic, theres soooo much more to worry about in the US than gays! And as for the comments being made about kids growing up and accepting gays, Im 21 and have accepted my cousin for who she was when i was like 16, shes still the same person!! Everyone is different!! The kids in the family are aware of it as well, do they care? NO

Bre
07-23-2004, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by repo man
A man can't get a man pregant:rolleyes:

repo man
07-23-2004, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Bre
A man can't get a man pregant:rolleyes: a man can't get an animal pregnant either

Bre
07-23-2004, 08:30 AM
a man can't get an animal pregnant either
No they can't.. and your point is???
Still once again... a human and an animal are two totally diff things.

repo man
07-23-2004, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Bre
No they can't.. and your point is???
Still once again... a human and an animal are two totally diff things. what does pregnacy have to do with marriage? are you saying that you shouldn't get married unless you are going to have kids?

91nordic29
07-23-2004, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Force 26
I am more worried and ashamed about ignorant ****ers like you than than gay people.
And I AM an AMERICAN ! (and hetero)
Force 26:D
Exactly:cool:

Bre
07-23-2004, 08:36 AM
WTF LMAO
I never said anything about having to have kids...your the one that said/ asked can a man get a man pregnant
I just responded

repo man
07-23-2004, 08:38 AM
but you also said we can't get animals pregnant so why would you want to marry a dog.

Bre
07-23-2004, 08:40 AM
but you also said we can't get animals pregnant so why would you want to marry a dog.
You read it wrong.. read it again..and someone else on here started talking about animals... go back and read....
here is what I wrote :
A human being and an animal are two totally different things.
When you get pregnant does an animal come out of you?
Don't see how you can compare it to that

91nordic29
07-23-2004, 08:41 AM
i think it started with this little "tidbit":rolleyes:

Jeanyus
07-23-2004, 08:42 AM
I believe the comment was if its in your heart you should be able to do it.
If you are going to be open minded, why can't a person marry a dog?
Nobody ever answered the question, why can't I keep marriage the way it is ?
Can't something else be created that applies to the gay issue?
It could be called the u can marry anything law, and then a mockery could be made of that and I could be left alone.

repo man
07-23-2004, 08:43 AM
i don't have a proplem with gays, i'm thankful for them. in most cases they're good looking guys.if it wasn't for them taking themselves out of the straight market they would be snatching up all the hot ladies . now that would bother me more.lol

Bre
07-23-2004, 08:44 AM
Any person who can come up with marrying an animal in their lil mind is a wacko in my own opinion:yuk:

91nordic29
07-23-2004, 08:46 AM
I
Nobody ever answered the question, why can't I keep marriage the way it is ?
who says you cant????? how does it change YOUR marriage??

Kachina26
07-23-2004, 08:46 AM
You know there is a joke that runs along those lines, was that where you were going?

Garrddogg
07-23-2004, 08:47 AM
i don't have a proplem with gays, i'm thankful for them. in most cases they're good looking guys.if it wasn't for them taking themselves out of the straight market they would be snatching up all the hot ladies . now that would bother me more.lol
Good point Repo!:D

Garrddogg
07-23-2004, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Kachina26
You know there is a joke that runs along those lines, was that where you were going?
I saw that too but I wasnt gonna touch it! (no pun intended)
force 26:eek:

ratso
07-23-2004, 08:49 AM
Marriage is between a man and woman and God...and if I can get away with marrying 5 different women then a few little fags ain't gonna hurt none...:D

Jeanyus
07-23-2004, 08:51 AM
A man that wants to marry a man, isn't exactly thinking striaght (no pun intended) in my opinion.
Back to the burning question. Why do the current marriage laws have to change, to satisfy gays.

repo man
07-23-2004, 08:55 AM
i know that some of us do but.more than 50% of marriages fail, the question is does anyone take marriage serious anymore.

Jeanyus
07-23-2004, 08:57 AM
does anyone take marriage serious anymore.
I do.

OutCole'd
07-23-2004, 08:57 AM
Back to the burning question. Why do the current marriage laws have to change, to satisfy gays.
I believe so that they can get the same rights as everyone else, ie. insurance, taxes, social security, being able to make a decision if their partner becomes ill. ets.

Jeanyus
07-23-2004, 08:59 AM
They already have that, it's called a civil union.

repo man
07-23-2004, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Boozer
Most modernized societies have already accepted homosexuals. the US is one of the last to jump on the bandwagon. What's the big deal? Let PEOPLE do what PEOPLE want to do as long as it isnt hurting anyone else. Isn't that what freedom is all about? what other "modernized societies" have leagalized gay marriage?

HammerDown
07-23-2004, 09:04 AM
I don't want to be associated as an American with any faggots. God bless America and may all fudge packers go straight to hell.
I have more of an issue with people on welfare that don't want to work not to mention the ones that keep popin out kidz so I can support them, and not to mention the thousands of illegal immigrants in this country.
Those are the one's to be upset with.:yuk:

repo man
07-23-2004, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by HammerDown
I have more of an issue with people on welfare that don't want to work not to mention the ones that keep popin out kidz so I can support them, and not to mention the thousands of illegal immigrants in this country.
Those are the one's to be upset with.:yuk: hey easy now, if you get rid of them you'll put me out of a job.:eek!:

HammerDown
07-23-2004, 09:19 AM
hey easy now, if you get rid of them you'll put me out of a job.:eek!:
Sorry, but ya better add to my list the one's that ride around in their Benz/Caddys...while the very same people pull out food stamps, usually buying Lobster and (sKrimpts):rolleyes:

Jeanyus
07-23-2004, 09:22 AM
Guess there is no sensible answer to my question.
I have an open mind, and was hopeing to get enlightened.
Well time to log off.
Back to my narrow minded world.
How about this, leave marriage the way it is, and youll never hear another word from me on the subject.
You leave me alone and I leave you alone.

clownpuncher
07-23-2004, 09:28 AM
Oh for cryin out loud.!!!!!!!!!
Does anyone have any idea what the name of that bar is on Lake and PCH in HB?

chub
07-23-2004, 10:03 AM
Are you sure about those streets?

Keith
07-23-2004, 10:03 AM
quote from froggystyle
Then he said "If you want to keep them from having sex, you should WANT them to get married. Sure, they will have sex for a year or two, but after that... once, twice a year tops!"
A Texas songwriter Kinky Freidman once said " I am for gay marrages, those folks deserve to be just as misarable as the rest of us".

Keith
07-23-2004, 10:07 AM
By the way, he wants to be the next governor of Texas
http://www.westwindmax.com/linkedpages/guvwebpage/kinkyforguv.html

THOR
07-23-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by clownpuncher
Oh for cryin out loud.!!!!!!!!!
Does anyone have any idea what the name of that bar is on Lake and PCH in HB?
Lake street is no longer. There are a bunch downtown.

HighRoller
07-23-2004, 12:04 PM
Look up "marriage" in the dictionary. Nothing mentioned about "same sex", but I guess if you want to change it that's okay. You say a man and an animal getting married is ridiculous, but what rationale are you going to use to stop him? You can't discriminate against an animal lover because he loves his dog and wants the same protections his married friends have. How about if I want to marry a houseplant? You'll say that's not a traditional marriage, but neither is a same sex union. What about a brother and sister who love each other and want to get married to get benefits? Once you violate the sancity of marriage, you can't just close the door. You may cite these examples as ridiculous, but I don't see them as any more ridiculous as the idea of two men marrying each other just so they can get a tax break.
As far as the argument that gays don't "hurt" anyone, I disagree. The segment of the population that spreads AIDS and STD's the fastest is Gay men. Statistics have shown for years that gay couples are more promiscuous, and gay males in particular are well known for having unprotected sex with multiple partners on a regular basis, which results in the rapid spread of AIDS. Ever seen the AIDS statistics in San Francisco? Staggering!
This isn't a problem until you encounter Bi-Sexual men who transmit these diseases across the gender line into the female population, where it can be spread to heterosexual people. So don't tell me gay people don't "hurt" anyone. They may not, but their behavior does.

Bre
07-23-2004, 12:09 PM
HR...who is this directed at?:confused:

HighRoller
07-23-2004, 12:15 PM
Nobody in particular, just the people who say gay people aren't "hurting" anyone. I always like them to know the facts before they make a statement like that.

rivercrazy
07-23-2004, 12:16 PM
I don't understand why gays are complaining about the marriage thing. Shit they can't join the military and can't get married - Who got it better than that! LOL! :D :D :D

Bre
07-23-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by HighRoller
Nobody in particular, just the people who say gay people aren't "hurting" anyone. I always like them to know the facts before they make a statement like that.
I'm sure they are "hurting" some people like you said....AIDS/HIV is more common among gays... and some peoples religious beliefs do not accept it..so it bothers them. All I am saying is what I think... they don't and have not "hurt" me yet. Nor my family. And that's all I care about:p
Bre<---- selfish and doesn't give a f u c k about you guys:eek: ;)

Boozer
07-23-2004, 12:44 PM
Look up "marriage" in the dictionary. Nothing mentioned about "same sex", but I guess if you want to change it that's okay. You say a man and an animal getting married is ridiculous, but what rationale are you going to use to stop him? You can't discriminate against an animal lover because he loves his dog and wants the same protections his married friends have. How about if I want to marry a houseplant? You'll say that's not a traditional marriage, but neither is a same sex union. What about a brother and sister who love each other and want to get married to get benefits? Once you violate the sancity of marriage, you can't just close the door. You may cite these examples as ridiculous, but I don't see them as any more ridiculous as the idea of two men marrying each other just so they can get a tax break.
As far as the argument that gays don't "hurt" anyone, I disagree. The segment of the population that spreads AIDS and STD's the fastest is Gay men. Statistics have shown for years that gay couples are more promiscuous, and gay males in particular are well known for having unprotected sex with multiple partners on a regular basis, which results in the rapid spread of AIDS. Ever seen the AIDS statistics in San Francisco? Staggering!
This isn't a problem until you encounter Bi-Sexual men who transmit these diseases across the gender line into the female population, where it can be spread to heterosexual people. So don't tell me gay people don't "hurt" anyone. They may not, but their behavior does.
I can understand and respect everything about your argument opposing the gay marriages accept the AIDs part.
Although I do not share the same beliefs as you on the gay marriage thing I dont feel that gay people should be to blame for the AIDs epidemic. Gay men are in fact more permiscuous then straight men. This causes an AIDs epidemic among GAY men. NOT straight people. If a woman has sexual relations with a bisexual man and contracts HIV who's fault is it? According to your argument it is the fault of the entire gay community. But I beg to differ. It is that womans responsibility to make sure she is having smart safe sex otherwise she gets what's coming to her.
Don't blame AIDS on gays Blame AIDS on irresponsible people. Keep it wrapped up and AIDS wont be a problem.

HighRoller
07-23-2004, 01:00 PM
I totally agree that AIDS is a behaviorally spread disease. The only problem is that any time you try to encourage the gay community to clean up their act, you get hate and venom in return. Remember what happened when somebody tried to close the gay bath houses in Frisco because AIDS was out of control? You would have thought the world was coming to an end!
I personally think that homosexuality has nothing positive to offer to the country, and that nothing positive really comes from it. I'm not saying gay people are bad, but why turn the concept of marriage upside down to placate 1/10th of the population when 70% of the country is against the lifestyle?

Bre
07-23-2004, 01:14 PM
Is it really 70% that is against the lifestyle???
Bre<----- one of the 30%;)

lucky
07-23-2004, 01:38 PM
I personally think that homosexuality has nothing positive to offer to the country, -
yea and where woud we be with out lesbians in our porn !! -
there would be awhole bunch of ill dressed straight men - and marth stewart would have no compition-- if there was no GAY - how would we tease the v drive / wacker crusade ? did you ever think about that - well did ya ---
san francisco would less colorful -

BarryMac
07-23-2004, 01:43 PM
I totally agree that AIDS is a behaviorally spread disease. The only problem is that any time you try to encourage the gay community to clean up their act,
yeah because the intervenious drug use that is running rampid in our country isn't contributing to the spread of AIDS, on top of that we end up paying for the drug addicts to get sober or pay for their funerals because the mass majority of them don't have any insurance to speak of. Lets blame everything that is wrong in the world on Gay people. Give me a break...
gjb

HighRoller
07-23-2004, 02:14 PM
Damn, you guys are touchy today. When did I blame everything on gay people? And I clearly stated that AIDS is a behavior problem, as in risky behaviors spread it. That's why I'm against programs that encourage IV drug use and programs that tell people condoms are the bulletproof answer to AIDS. Amazingly, everyone is screaming about the AIDS problem in Africa, yet I have never once heard anyone who had the balls to stand up and tell the people there to stop doing the things that cause it to be spread so rapidly.

lucky
07-23-2004, 02:18 PM
This is the last time i post in this thread
ITS GAY .....:eek: :D

Jrocket
07-23-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by plaster dave
lol what r u scared of??????????? if you r not gay what does it affect u if they want to married???? by the way ill be @ parker this weekend @ riverland come say that shit to my face u little P***y i will be in a 26 howard cat u cant miss it. :eek:
If you take Dave up on his offer you might want to pack a lunch,he might get hungry after smack'n ya around.
Now as far as gays go,they dont bother me.If they want to be married then so be it.Doesnt affect me at all.Now if my wife leaves me for another woman......well,Ill just have to sit back and watch.
BTW,Im not religious or gay so there.

Jrocket
07-23-2004, 02:38 PM
This is wrong!!
How can the rest of the world respect us as Americans, when in the USA gays are getting marriage licences. God bless America and may all gays go straight to a counselor. I believe homosexuality is a choice not a condition.
What happend,you get hit on by a gay man lately?
Would a gay marriage really hurt your life style or the out come of your life?

Tom Brown
07-23-2004, 02:42 PM
How can the rest of the world respect us as Americans, when in the USA gays are getting marriage licences.
You are an intelligent and assertive man, Robert. :)
What are you doing this weekend?

Jrocket
07-23-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Tom Brown
You are an intelligent and assertive man, Robert. :)
What are you doing this weekend?
Lay off Brown,dont cock block me on this one!

robert_pv
07-23-2004, 03:13 PM
Gay Marriage: Why Would It Affect Me? Ten Arguments Against Same Sex Marriage (This is a synopsis of the new book by Dr. James Dobson, Marriage Under Fire <http://www.afastore.net/products/DOBSON.html>.) Argument #1. The implications for children in a world of decaying families are profound. A recent article in the Weekly Standard described how the advent of legally sanctioned gay unions in Scandinavian countries has already destroyed the institution of marriage, where half of today's children are born out of wedlock. It is predicted now, based on demographic trends in this country, that more than half of the babies born in the 1990s will spend at least part of their childhood in single-parent homes. Social scientists have been surprisingly consistent in warning against this fractured family. If it continues, almost every child will have several "moms" and "dads," perhaps six or eight "grandparents," and dozens of half-siblings. It will be a world where little boys and girls are shuffled from pillar to post in an ever-changing pattern of living arrangements-where huge numbers of them will be raised in foster-care homes or living on the street (as millions do in other countries all over the world today). Imagine an environment where nothing is stable and where people think primarily about themselves and their own self-preservation. The apostle Paul described a similar society in Romans 1, which addressed the epidemic of homosexuality that was rampant in the ancient world and especially in Rome at that time. He wrote, "They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless" (v. 29-31, NIV). It appears likely now that the demise of families will accelerate this type of decline dramatically, resulting in a chaotic culture that will be devastating to children. Argument #2 The introduction of legalized gay marriages will lead inexorably to polygamy and other alternatives to one-man, one-woman unions. In Utah, polygamist Tom Green, who claims five wives, is citing Lawrence v. Texas as the legal authority for his appeal. This past January, a Salt Lake City civil rights attorney filed a federal lawsuit on behalf of another couple wanting to engage in legal polygamy. Their justification? Lawrence v. Texas. The ACLU of Utah has actually suggested that the state will "have to step up to prove that a polygamous relationship is detrimental to society"-as opposed to the polygamists having to prove that plural marriage is not harmful to the culture. Do you see how the game is played? Despite 5,000 years of history, the burden now rests on you and me to prove that polygamy is unhealthy. The ACLU went on to say that the nuclear family "may not be necessarily the best model." Indeed, Justice Antonin Scalia warned of this likelihood in his statement for the minority in the Lawrence case.10 It took less than six months for his prediction to become reality. Why will gay marriage set the table for polygamy? Because there is no place to stop once that Rubicon has been crossed. Historically, the definition of marriage has rested on a bedrock of tradition, legal precedent, theology and the overwhelming support of the people. After the introduction of marriage between homosexuals, however, it will be supported by nothing more substantial than the opinion of a single judge or by a black-robed panel of justices. After they have done their wretched work, the family will consist of little more than someone's interpretation of "rights." Given that unstable legal climate, it is certain that some self-possessed judge, somewhere, will soon rule that three men and one woman can marry. Or five and two, or four and four. Who will be able to deny them that right? The guarantee is implied, we will be told, by the Constitution. Those who disagree will continue to be seen as hate-mongers and bigots. (Indeed, those charges are already being leveled against those of us who espouse biblical values!) How about group marriage, or marriage between relatives, or marriage between adults and children? How about marriage between a man and his donkey? Anything allegedly linked to "civil rights" will be doable. The legal underpinnings for marriage will have been destroyed. Argument #3 An even greater objective of the homosexual movement is to end the state's compelling interest in marital relationships altogether. After marriages have been redefined, divorces will be obtained instantly, will not involve a court, and will take on the status of a driver's license or a hunting permit. With the family out of the way, all rights and privileges of marriage will accrue to gay and lesbian partners without the legal entanglements and commitments heretofore associated with it. Argument #4 With the legalization of homosexual marriage, every public school in the nation will be required to teach that this perversion is the moral equivalent of traditional marriage between a man and a woman. Textbooks, even in conservative states, will have to depict man/man and woman/woman relationships, and stories written for children as young as elementary school, or even kindergarten, will have to give equal space to homosexuals. Argument #5 From that point forward, courts will not be able to favor a traditional family involving one man and one woman over a homosexual couple in matters of adoption. Children will be placed in homes with parents representing only one sex on an equal basis with those having a mom and a dad. The prospect of fatherless and motherless children will not be considered in the evaluation of eligibility. It will be the law. Argument #6 Foster-care parents will be required to undergo "sensitivity training" to rid themselves of bias in favor of traditional marriage, and will have to affirm homosexuality in children and teens. Argument #7 How about the impact on Social Security if there are millions of new dependents that will be entitled to survivor benefits? It will amount to billions of dollars on an already overburdened system. And how about the cost to American businesses? Unproductive costs mean fewer jobs for those who need them. Are state and municipal governments to be required to raise taxes substantially to provide health insurance and other benefits to millions of new "spouses and other dependents"? Argument #8 Marriage among homosexuals will spread throughout the world, just as pornography did after the Nixon Commission declared obscene material "beneficial" to mankind.11 Almost instantly, the English-speaking countries liberalized their laws against smut. America continues to be the fountainhead of filth and immorality, and its influence is global. The point is that numerous leaders in other nations are watching to see how we will handle the issue of homosexuality and marriage. Only two countries in the world have authorized gay marriage to date-the Netherlands and Belgium. Canada is leaning in that direction, as are numerous European countries. Dr. Darrell Reid, president of Focus on the Family Canada, told me two weeks ago that his country is carefully monitoring the United States to see where it is going. If we take this step off a cliff, the family on every continent will splinter at an accelerated rate. Conversely, our U.S. Supreme Court has made it clear that it looks to European and Canadian law in the interpretation of our Constitution.13 What an outrage! That should have been grounds for impeachment, but the Congress, as usual, remained passive and silent. Argument #9 Perhaps most important, the spread of the Gospel of Jesus Christ will be severely curtailed. The family has been God's primary vehicle for evangelism since the beginning. Its most important assignment has been the propagation of the human race and the handing down of the faith to our children. Malachi 2:15 reads, referring to husbands and wives, "Has not the Lord made them one? In flesh and spirit they are His. And why one? Because He was seeking godly offspring. So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith with the wife of your youth" (NIV). That responsibility to teach the next generation will never recover from the loss of committed, God-fearing families. The younger generation and those yet to come will be deprived of the Good News, as has already occurred in France, Germany and other European countries. Instead of providing for a father and mother, the advent of homosexual marriage will create millions of motherless children and fatherless kids. This is morally wrong, and is condemned in Scripture. Are we now going to join the Netherlands and Belgium to become the third country in the history of the world to "normalize" and legalize behavior that has been prohibited by God himself? Heaven help us if we do! Argument #10 The culture war will be over, and I fear, the world may soon become "as it was in the days of Noah" (Matthew 24:37, NIV). This is the climactic moment in the battle to preserve the family, and future generations hang in the balance. This apocalyptic and pessimistic view of the institution of the family and its future will sound alarmist to many, but I think it will prove accurate unless-unless-God's people awaken and begin an even greater vigil of prayer for our nation. That's why Shirley and I are urgently seeking the Lord's favor and asking Him to hear the petitions of His people and heal our land. As of this time, however, large segments of the church appear to be unaware of the danger; its leaders are surprisingly silent about our peril (although we are tremendously thankful for the efforts of those who have spoken out on this issue). The lawless abandon occurring recently in California, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Washington and elsewhere should have shocked us out of our lethargy. So far, I'm alarmed to say, the concern and outrage of the American people have not translated into action. This reticence on behalf of Christians is deeply troubling. Marriage is a sacrament designed by God that serves as a metaphor for the relationship between Christ and His Church. Tampering with His plan for the family is immoral and wrong. To violate the Lord's expressed will for humankind, especially in regard to behavior that He has prohibited, is to court disaster.

Tom Brown
07-23-2004, 03:43 PM
Amen!
Let the crusades begin. :D