PDA

View Full Version : SPAM Race Inc BMX Bike for sale

78Eliminator
07-23-2004, 09:33 AM
Old school BMX Bike for sale. It's been sitting in my garage for years, time to let someone have it to use. CW bars, Race Inc Frame and Forks, Elite seat. If you grew up in the early 80's, this was one of the bikes to have. Bad ass, and completely retro. Has tires that are one size bigger than the sew ups (can't remember exact size). Can't remember what kind of cranks, but if you are interested I will get all the info to you. Let me know.....
Justin

mbrown2
07-23-2004, 10:05 AM
Not interested, but it sure brings back memories...used to have a custom fabbed JMC I used to race and you can't even touch those anymore on EBAY...those old school bikes have went up...you might try ebay....Old School stuff sells on their...

flat broke
07-23-2004, 10:23 AM
Post a pic of that bad boy.
I had a sweet blue ano'd 24" Race Inc cruiser that I got for my dad, but he never wanted to ride it, so I built it up and sold it. Wish I hadn't now as the thing was mint and would be quite the stylin ride.
Check out www.classicbmx.com as he might be interested in picking up your ride.
Does yours look like this?
http://www.classicbmx.com/sitebuilder/images/ri80-756x567.jpg
Chris

HOOTER SLED-
07-23-2004, 10:25 AM
Is it the old school aluminum frame??? Those look cool with the welds. They had chromoly frames too. How much?? I use to race Powerlites. I have a 20" now too. I don't even know what kind of frame it is. Still tryin to figure that out. It's so damn light. The BMX bikes nowadays are so heavy. The top tubes are alot longer now too. It's hard to ride my old bike cause the frame seems short. I remember my race bike back then being 19 lbs.

HOOTER SLED-
07-23-2004, 10:26 AM
Daaamn, that's the aluminum one I was talkin about.

78Eliminator
07-23-2004, 10:33 AM
Mine looks like the one above, even the same color....
Make offer.....

WILDERTHANU
07-23-2004, 10:44 AM
I HAVE HAD SOME OF THE MOST DIALED MONGOOSES, FREE AGENTS, AND GT FREESTYLE'S ALL THAT I BUILT FRAME UP..... ALWAYS HAD TO HAVE THE SICKEST SET-UPS WHEN ROLLING TO SCHOOL AND THE DIRT JUMPS!! MY BUDDY "NASTYONE" ON THESE FORUMS HANDLED HIS BUSINESS ON THE TRACK FOR YEARS WITH THE ****ERS....

78Eliminator
07-23-2004, 10:51 AM
Yup, those were the days. When you couldn't wait to get out of school to go mess around at the closest track!!!
When I was in school, nobody skateboarded!!!! That happened later on into high school.....
:eek:

imirsh1
07-23-2004, 12:25 PM
Maybe interested, how much?

Jrocket
07-23-2004, 12:52 PM
If the price is right,I'll take it.

NastyOne
07-23-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by WILDERTHANU
I HAVE HAD SOME OF THE MOST DIALED MONGOOSES, FREE AGENTS, AND GT FREESTYLE'S ALL THAT I BUILT FRAME UP..... ALWAYS HAD TO HAVE THE SICKEST SET-UPS WHEN ROLLING TO SCHOOL AND THE DIRT JUMPS!! MY BUDDY "NASTYONE" ON THESE FORUMS HANDLED HIS BUSINESS ON THE TRACK FOR YEARS WITH THE ****ERS....
I did more than handle my business! :D ;)

ROZ
07-23-2004, 01:28 PM
http://www.hutch-bikes.com/hutchex.jpg I still have 2 of these...

Aqua Boogie1
07-23-2004, 01:48 PM
Hey Roz.........you want to trade one of those hutch's. I had one and broke it racing at moffit fields back in the day. I have a complete Boss, frame and forks, bars but sold the cranks for GT 185mm. GT hubs.....all top of line, of cousre from late 80's, 90's build up.:D

bordsmnj
07-23-2004, 01:53 PM
hey i had a hutch just like that only set up for a short guy. also had a gt and a... well i can't remember. those rims that were one size bigger than sew ups were the araya (or ukia) 1 3/8". i think they where like an inch taller too if i remmember right. so...
what year(s) did everyone race?
and where at?
and what class?
(before skateboards surfing and chicks took up all our time:D )
ABA 12 bigginer thruogh 13 ex.
orange ymca(also a little at irvine and harbor area)
1982-84

Aqua Boogie1
07-23-2004, 02:00 PM
I started racing mid-80's and stoped about '93.
I started at 15 novice and finished at 18 and over expert. In was in Ca-15 district. The best I rank was 10 in Ca-15.:)
My home track was Moffit Field but raced Livermore, napa, Santa Clara, and near tracks. And raced most nationals in Cali and Neveda.

ROZ
07-23-2004, 02:01 PM
Nope, can't do it... Raced them in the early 80's...... I was thinking of refurbishing one for my daughter here pretty soon. I turned the other into a ramp bike a while back...

Aqua Boogie1
07-23-2004, 02:06 PM
Oh well I tried............You just have to hold on the them. :D

ROZ
07-23-2004, 02:07 PM
www.bmxmuseum.com :D
I should say I started racing in 79 or so... On a scorpion, I think :eek: :D I

bordsmnj
07-23-2004, 02:08 PM
hey i remember!
<---cal. 13. i was in the two hundreds. cal 13 had a rediculously huge group of riders, like 1500- 2000 i think. i wonder if i can find an old "ABA Action" news letter with all the point standings?.

Jrocket
07-23-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by ROZ
I turned the other into a ramp bike a while back...
WHATTTTTT??? You should be shot for that.:D

NastyOne
07-23-2004, 02:23 PM
cal 16
held the #2 spot for most of my years.
Raced almost all nationals and tripple pointers.
From like 93 to 97

ROZ
07-23-2004, 02:24 PM
Anyone remember any of the Racing INC. frames(or any others) that were drilled out from head to tail? A kid down the street raced factory for them and had one... I remember the whole bike weighed like 11 or 12 lbs.... Imagine showing up to a new BMX track with your kid on one of those swiss cheese mofo's :)

HOOTER SLED-
07-23-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by ROZ
http://www.hutch-bikes.com/hutchex.jpg I still have 2 of these...
Hell yeah. Hutch. I always liked their parts. I had those bear trap pedals on my 20" and on my pit bike. I also had their hubs and seat post clamp. I still have scars from those damn pedals. I miss my bikes.

HOOTER SLED-
07-23-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by bordsmnj
hey i remember!
<---cal. 13. i was in the two hundreds. cal 13 had a rediculously huge group of riders, like 1500- 2000 i think. i wonder if i can find an old "ABA Action" news letter with all the point standings?.
I remember too. Cal 13. My first # was 1007. My first year I bumped up to #130. Started racing at 10. By 12 I went through 3 bikes getting stolen. Put an end to my career. It sucks cause I really liked it. I used to race at Harbor in San Pedro. At 10/11 yrs. old I would ride from my house in Carson to the track to race. Crazy. I would NEVER let my 10 yr. old boy do that shit now. I almost started back up a couple years ago. I wanted to race cruisers. I live in Torrance, there is a track in Whittier. Found out not too long ago there is one in Bellflower too. I was a bad ass. :D :D

Aqua Boogie1
07-23-2004, 03:02 PM
You.........mine shins look like cottage cheese from those damn peddles. Oh....what memories!!!:D

mbrown2
07-23-2004, 03:07 PM
Not sure which district, but used to race the Azusa Track three times a week for about 5 years...started when I was 7 at the Nationals in Phoenix/Chandler...then stayed local with a couple nats...
Anyone remember the Mothers day race at Corona...that track was the bomb with that downhill start..:cool:
First started racing on an R&R, then the JMC, finished on a GT...damn I wish I still had those bikes..:frown:

Aqua Boogie1
07-23-2004, 03:16 PM
Yeah, I wish I'd keep most of mine too. I started with a:
1. Redline square back
2. Murray cruiser
3. Patterson
4. Hutch
5. baby blue Free agent
6. zeronine (number plate people)
and ended with a Boss.

Riverhound
07-23-2004, 03:19 PM
Seeing these old schools bikes brings back good memories. I raced for about 9 years in the late 70's early 80's with my first bike being a Powerlight. Got pretty competitive for several years and landed on a few factory teams G.T., C.W., Cook Bros, ending my carrier with WIZARD Products. For a while I was used a test rider for many different builders because I would break so many frames and components. They figured if I couldn’t destroy it, it was ready for market. I still have my 16" C.W. pit bike with the mini Tuff Wheels on it. I wonder how much that would be worth today.:confused:

MikeF
07-23-2004, 03:19 PM
Here is a pic of a Redline Flight crank bottom bracket! :D :cool:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1tabletop-med.JPG

Riverhound
07-23-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by mbrown2
Not sure which district, but used to race the Azusa Track three times a week for about 5 years...started when I was 7 at the Nationals in Phoenix/Chandler...then stayed local with a couple nats...
Anyone remember the Mothers day race at Corona...that track was the bomb with that downhill start..:cool:
First started racing on an R&R, then the JMC, finished on a GT...damn I wish I still had those bikes..:frown:
Corona was awsome! Remember the water Jump? Or how about when Pro rider for Diamond Back Harry Larry did the header into a telephone on the starting hill and broke his helmet ? Damn near killed the guy. :eek:

ROZ
07-23-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by HOOTER SLED-
Hell yeah. Hutch. I always liked their parts. I had those bear trap pedals on my 20" and on my pit bike. I also had their hubs and seat post clamp. I still have scars from those damn pedals. I miss my bikes.
Scars...lol... You should see my shins...lol.. I had one stick in my leg once... OUCH!

mbrown2
07-23-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Riverhound
Corona was awsome! Remember the water Jump? Or how about when Pro rider for Diamond Back Harry Larry did the header into a telephone on the starting hill and broke his helmet ? Damn near killed the guy. :eek:
Leary was a nut...always saw him ride local....I did a header on the water jump....leading the race...nice to be run over and wet..:D

superdave013
07-23-2004, 03:33 PM
MikeF, heal up son. That Bell helmet still has the dirt you installed in it so it's ready to go. :D
If anyone's into it I'll prolly be hitting the dirt jumps in Palos Verdes early Sunday. Will end up at Najas by the end of the day though.

superdave013
07-23-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by ROZ
Scars...lol... You should see my shins...lol.. I had one stick in my leg once... OUCH!
I just put a set of Brooklyn Machine Works Shinburgers pedals on my downhill bike. Things will make you bleed just by getting close to them. lol Shinguards required to ride that puppy.

BrendellaJet
07-23-2004, 03:39 PM
Anyone know where there are some dirt jumps in South orange county? Im not looking to go to sheep hills, something a little more mellow. Got me 2 cruisers-a 3 year old diamondback and a 1 year old redline. Riding wheelies on the street gets boring if you know what I mean... I like to ride the dirt.
Anyone remember Brian Lopes? He lived right down the street from me growing up-he still kicks ass, but is a world champ mountain biker now a days...

superdave013
07-23-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by BrendellaJet
Anyone know where there are some dirt jumps in South orange county? Im not looking to go to sheep hills, something a little more mellow. Got me 2 cruisers-a 3 year old diamondback and a 1 year old redline. Riding wheelies on the street gets boring if you know what I mean... I like to ride the dirt.
Anyone remember Brian Lopes? He lived right down the street from me growing up-he still kicks ass, but is a world champ mountain biker now a days...
C'Mon, ya mean you don't want to hit that big pack at Sheep? lol
There is another hush hush spot in Lake Forest. I can get the DIRT on it if you want.
One of our forum members here used to race with Lopes & Cannondale. That same forum member won't go downhilling in Big Bear with me either. :yuk: I wish he would so I could learn some new skillz. :D Ya don't learn from guys like Lopes, ya start off with them at the top and after the first turn their gone!

MikeF
07-23-2004, 03:48 PM
My little brother (Grom) would ride w/ Lopes back in Aliso woods. The grom would be dead tired on the way home and Brian would use his hand and PUSH him up Oso/PP road to the top of Nellie Gail! :eek:

HOOTER SLED-
07-23-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by MikeF
My little brother (Grom) would ride w/ Lopes back in Aliso woods. The grom would be dead tired on the way home and Brian would use his hand and PUSH him up Oso/PP road to the top of Nellie Gail! :eek:
Thats a climb. My folks live right off Oso/PP

superdave013
07-23-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by MikeF
Here is a pic of a Redline Flight crank bottom bracket! :D :cool:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1tabletop-med.JPG
You know what's so cool about this pic?
Ol' Mike can still bust that stuff out. Hardly ever rides these days. Goes out, sees a lil kicker and BLAM, busts out a bad ass jump. Just don't take him on the steep rocky stuff.
Hey Mike, I found some SICK SICK stuff I gotta show ya.

bordsmnj
07-23-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by HOOTER SLED-
I remember too. Cal 13. My first # was 1007. My first year I bumped up to #130. Started racing at 10. By 12 I went through 3 bikes getting stolen. Put an end to my career. It sucks cause I really liked it. I used to race at Harbor in San Pedro. At 10/11 yrs. old I would ride from my house in Carson to the track to race. Crazy. I would NEVER let my 10 yr. old boy do that shit now. I almost started back up a couple years ago. I wanted to race cruisers. I live in Torrance, there is a track in Whittier. Found out not too long ago there is one in Bellflower too. I was a bad ass. :D :D
i loved that ol' harbor track. we got to go there once in awhile so it was a treat. that track was looooong.

HOOTER SLED-
07-23-2004, 04:29 PM
i loved that ol' harbor track. we got to go there once in awhile so it was a treat. that track was looooong.
They changed it twice during the time I raced there. What about that shitty little track they had at Alpine Village?? It was all straight aways with a 15 foot high step in the middle. I remember that step because I fell all the way from the top once. Ouch. I still have my O.G. Bell helmet. I'm gonna frame that bitch. :D

bordsmnj
07-23-2004, 04:40 PM
when i raced harbor they had one section where it crossed itself. never heard of alpine village.
liberty park
orange ymca
coal canyon
harbor
and irvine
are the only tracks i raced at in my 2 year career.
just looked and yes i still have a shin scare from a shimano DX pedal. suntour also had a nice" beartrap" for the money. about a third of what the hutch(the real killer) pedal went for.
anyone know how much a decnt race bike goes for? used to be you could get a respsctable bike for just under 400$. just wondering about the price differnce now 20years later.

HOOTER SLED-
07-23-2004, 04:50 PM
when i raced harbor they had one section where it crossed itself. never heard of alpine village.
liberty park
orange ymca
coal canyon
harbor
and irvine
are the only tracks i raced at in my 2 year career.
just looked and yes i still have a shin scare from a shimano DX pedal. suntour also had a nice" beartrap" for the money. about a third of what the hutch(the real killer) pedal went for.
anyone know how much a decnt race bike goes for? used to be you could get a respsctable bike for just under 400$. just wondering about the price differnce now 20years later.
$400, that was cheap back then. You can get a decent BMX bike nowadays for about $400. They come with way better parts, stock, then they did back then. I remember I built my Powerlite from scratch piece by piece. It cost me about $1500 back in the day. Mind you, I put this all together by myself. I don't think my 10 yr. old could do this without my help. Shit, the "Flight" cranks alone were probably $250. Then those Hutch pedals were about $80. Everything was chrome except the Uni seat, tires and grips. Man, I should've got those dipped. :D

Aqua Boogie1
07-23-2004, 05:00 PM
Yeah, thats about right. Cause my free agent was $1200.00......I have to thank mom for that one. My Free Agent with baby blue , black and chrome.

mbrown2
07-23-2004, 06:44 PM
I remember the JMC was just under 600 with Campy everything except Jim Melton put a one off teflon headset to save on weight....bike was stolen....got the frame back but never saw that headset again...
The GT was probably around 1200 after Bullseye everthing along with DuraAce and sealed headset...that bike was bad ass, but I always thought I was faster on the JMC...Damn I wish I had those bikes..:D :( :D

MikeF
07-23-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by superdave013
Ol' Mike can still bust that stuff out.
Hey Mike, I found some SICK SICK stuff I gotta show ya.
The only way I can bust that out now would be riding down a launch ramp to a jump placed at the waters edge, flying out into the river! :D
(hint hint)(even though I probably won't be there cause of my knee, but it would be fun!):yuk:
Send me some pic's Dave!

MikeF
07-23-2004, 07:20 PM
I still have my Shimano DX pedals and use them on the mountain bike. Those w/ Vans shoes were the SHIT! I wouldn't ride anything else.:D
The bike in the pic is a Hutch Pro Series. Eventually broke that one. The best bike I had was a GT! I could do anything on that bike! The dimensions on that bike were perfect.
Best forks were the old nickle plated Redline's. Never once could I bend those. Bought some Bottema's and bent those. (still on the bike) They did not live up to their reputation.
Skyway Tuffwheels..........I'd bend or break everything else!:D

78Eliminator
07-24-2004, 10:56 AM
Here is the bike I am selling. Light rust speckles on handlebars and forks. Tires are rotten and need replacing. Needs new chain, hubs need rebuild. Make offer.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/455bike1-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/455bike2-med.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/455bike3-med.JPG

waterboy
07-24-2004, 11:14 AM
started racing 1980 at ten years old on my webco then built a pk ripper with landing gear forks still have it. raced at corona/norco ymca.

Jrocket
07-24-2004, 03:30 PM
So what are you asking for it?

78Eliminator
07-24-2004, 03:37 PM
I have no idea. They are going on e-bay for close to $300. Make me an offer.

Jrocket
07-24-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by 78Eliminator
I have no idea. They are going on e-bay for close to $300. Make me an offer.
Cant get close to that,sorry dude Im out of this one.

78Eliminator
07-24-2004, 03:43 PM
Ok, we'll see what happens on e-bay. If it dogs out, I will make you a good deal....

Jrocket
07-24-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by 78Eliminator
Ok, we'll see what happens on e-bay. If it dogs out, I will make you a good deal....
Sounds good.