PDA

View Full Version : How did you get out of...

Excessive Force
07-23-2004, 11:08 AM
not paying your early termination fees on your sh*tty cellular service? Any suggestions. Ive got Nextel, has gotten real bad recently.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-23-2004, 11:10 AM
I don't think you can.. how much time do you have left..
boozer may be able to help you out in this one..:D

Excessive Force
07-23-2004, 11:19 AM
1 yr left, been with them for5 yrs , just upgraded to better plans all the time. but the service really sux now more than ever.

syke-o
07-23-2004, 11:20 AM
i used to work for Cingular, and you are basically screwed!! sorry....:(

plaster dave
07-23-2004, 11:21 AM
what phone u u have right now???? I've got the new 830 and it got great service everywhere.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-23-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Excessive Force
1 yr left, been with them for5 yrs , just upgraded to better plans all the time. but the service really sux now more than ever.
we have nextel too.. and they really have bad service at times.. we basically have it for the two way radios for our crew.. ;)

Boozer
07-23-2004, 11:24 AM
I can't help people out with cell phones anymore. :( I left T-Mobile. I had to turn in my employee phone and if wanted to get another T-Mobile account for personal service I had to go like a week with no cell phone so I bought Sprint. I wish I would have waited the week for a personal T-Mobile phone. Sprint is TERRIBLE this phone doesnt work anywhere.
Also, I had promised people who had switched credits. I need to know if you guys got your credits or not. If not PM me your phone number so I can shoot an email to my old boss and she'll get stuff taken care of.

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-23-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Boozer
I can't help people out with cell phones anymore. :( I left T-Mobile. I had to turn in my employee phone and if wanted to get another T-Mobile account for personal service I had to go like a week with no cell phone so I bought Sprint. I wish I would have waited the week for a personal T-Mobile phone. Sprint is TERRIBLE this phone doesnt work anywhere.
Also, I had promised people who had switched credits. I need to know if you guys got your credits or not. If not PM me your phone number so I can shoot an email to my old boss and she'll get stuff taken care of.
I didn't mean to imply you would help him.. I ment you could give him info on that stuff.. sorry. ;)

Stupid Fast
07-23-2004, 11:26 AM
This is one of those "a friend told me" but he said that nextel is haveing problems with some of the flip style phones not recognising the closest tower and trying to connect with the next closest. I kinda think it is bull but some of us have flips and otheres have thew standard, and the stadards do seem to have much better reception.
Anyone else hear anything like this? I am kinda haveing a hard time believeing it...

Excessive Force
07-23-2004, 11:27 AM
I tried out verizon while still on the nextel , it is awesome!! think ill keep both for now, unless i come up with a plan to drop nextel.:(

Excessive Force
07-23-2004, 11:28 AM
stupidfast, i heard the same thing too. just got back from them swapping out my 730.

HCS
07-23-2004, 11:31 AM
Wife has Verizon.
Thanks to Boozer I have T-Moblie.
There both good, no problems.
I hate those damn contracts.

WILDERTHANU
07-23-2004, 11:42 AM
WE'RE RUNNING AT&T CORPORATE PLAN......AND LOVIN' IT.
"EXESSIVE FORCE" YOUR AVATAR MAKE ME HAPPY!!!

HCS
07-23-2004, 11:44 AM
Put the Nextel phone on a fence post and blow it away with a 45.
Then don't pay the bill. That should work.:D

Excessive Force
07-23-2004, 11:47 AM
Alrighty then!
Cant beat hem nextel rate plans, but my sanity is at stake when getting bad reception which is almost all the time

NashvilleBound
07-23-2004, 11:47 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by WILDERTHANU
[B] .....CORPRRATE.....
I have not seen that plan

Stupid Fast
07-23-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by NashvilleBound
[B] .....CORPRRATE.....
My old employer did not either so they bought an Authorised dealer and sold all the plans to themselves.
Reception sucks in the midwest to.

WILDERTHANU
07-23-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by NashvilleBound
[B] .....CORPRRATE.....
I FIXED IT.......:yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Boozer
07-23-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Excessive Force
Alrighty then!
Cant beat hem nextel rate plans, but my sanity is at stake when getting bad reception which is almost all the time
Can't beat the rate plans? Have you shopped for cell plans since 1982? Nextel has the most expensive rate plans in the industry. They pride themselves on it too!! If you can live without the two radio Nextel is not the best solution for anyone.
The reason a flip phone and a standard phone have a difference in signals is due to the antenna. Most standard non flip phones use a half wave antenna. A Flip phone however does not have the room for a half wave antenna so they often use a 1/4 wave and in some cases even smaller antenna. Less antenna means less signal.

NashvilleBound
07-23-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by WILDERTHANU
I FIXED IT.......:yuk: :yuk: :yuk:
Sorry there slim...I could not resist:yuk:

WILDERTHANU
07-23-2004, 11:55 AM
I DONT BLAME YOU....

Excessive Force
07-23-2004, 11:58 AM
Can't beat the rate plans? Have you shopped for cell plans since 1982? Nextel has the most expensive rate plans in the industry. They pride themselves on it too!! If you can live without the two radio Nextel is not the best solution for anyone.
I meant you cant beat the free incoming rate plans