PDA

View Full Version : What makes a boat a "Deck Boat"

hot_diggity_dog
07-23-2004, 05:45 PM
As I was reading the thread on the new Ultra 23' "Deck Boat" the 1st thing I said is "That's not a deck boat!!!! It's a modified version of an open bow.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/49723deckboatplug_088-med.jpg
Most "Deck Boat's" usualy have a sink, blender, porti poti options. A walk thru to the rear, side entrances etc.
I just think that everyone is jumping on the "Deck Boat" band wagon.
Just my .02
HDD
:cool:

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-23-2004, 05:47 PM
that is an awesome boat.. ;)

RiverOtter
07-23-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by hot_diggity_dog
As I was reading the thread on the new Ultra 23' "Deck Boat" the 1st thing I said is "That's not a deck boat!!!! It's a modified version of an open bow.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/49723deckboatplug_088-med.jpg
Most "Deck Boat's" usualy have a sink, blender, porti poti options. A walk thru to the rear, side entrances etc.
I just think that everyone is jumping on the "Deck Boat" band wagon.
Just my .02
HDD
:cool:
Looks more like a real nice bowrider to me. I really like it though. I think a deck actually has room to walk around (pleanty of freeboard)

hot_diggity_dog
07-23-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
that is an awesome boat.. ;)
I agree but do you thinks it's a deck boat as compared to say my boat or partycat's???
HDD:cool:

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-23-2004, 05:50 PM
I agree but do you thinks it's a deck boat as compared to say my boat or partycat's???
no.. I have no room on that to dance on the pole.. LOL!!
walk around to me is a deck boat.. ;)

Big_Gunz_
07-23-2004, 05:51 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by hot_diggity_dog
[B]As I was reading the thread on the new Ultra 23' "Deck Boat" the 1st thing I said is "That's not a deck boat!!!! It's a modified version of an open bow.
I have to agree with you one this one. It's a nice looking boat, but it could be call either a deck boat or a open bow.

RiverOtter
Sea Doo has a "deck boat" with a kiddy pool in it

hot_diggity_dog
no.. I have no room on that to dance on the pole.. LOL!!
walk around to me is a deck boat.. ;)
That was my point I think too many manufacture's are doing modifications to existing molds and opening the bow of the boat and calling them "Deck Boat's";)
Hot (Agree's Deck boat's need brass poles) Diggity Dog :cool:

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-23-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by RiverOtter
Sea Doo has a "deck boat" with a kiddy pool in it
with or without the canapies.. LOL!! :D :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-23-2004, 05:52 PM
That was my point I think too many manufacture's are doiong modifications to existing molds and opening the bow of the boat and calling them "Deck Boat's";)
very true and I agree.. :D

RiverOtter
07-23-2004, 05:54 PM
with or without the canapies.. LOL!! :D :D
LMAO!! No canopies or windshield for that matter. That's why I can't have one :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-23-2004, 05:55 PM
LMAO!! No canopies or windshield for that matter. That's why I can't have one :D
LMAO!! so get a party cat deck boat with a brass pole and you will have a better view with all the girls on it.. you wouldn't even notice the canapies if you had them.. :D :D :D :D

Big_Gunz_
07-23-2004, 05:58 PM
That was my point I think too many manufacture's are doing modifications to existing molds and opening the bow of the boat and calling them "Deck Boat's";)
The bottom line is that manufacture's are doing these modifications to sell boats, and it's working..
And I heard that "dance polls" will soom be an option on new boats:cool:

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-23-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Big_Gunz_
The bottom line is that manufacture's are doing these modifications to sell boats, and it's working..
And I heard that "dance polls" will soom be an option on new boats:cool:
LOL!! ours was.. but we didn't.. i'll just find HDD :D

RiverOtter
07-23-2004, 06:01 PM
LMAO!! so get a party cat deck boat with a brass pole and you will have a better view with all the girls on it.. you wouldn't even notice the canapies if you had them.. :D :D :D :D
You are a progressive thinker Mrs. V. You should apply for a job at DCB or maybe Sea Doo :D

phebus
07-23-2004, 06:37 PM
I agree, with the exception of the front loading platform, nothing sets it apart from a regular open bow ie: no rear or side entrance, narrow walk thru at front consoles,limited actual deck space, and no amenities such as sink, blender, porta pottie and abundant storage.
I do like it, but it does seem to stretch the deckboat classification.

RiverOtter
07-23-2004, 06:38 PM
Deck Boats gotta have a potti. Wife says so :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-23-2004, 06:39 PM
You are a progressive thinker Mrs. V. You should apply for a job at DCB or maybe Sea Doo :D
DCB.. yes.. sea-doo.. no.. I always plug DCB they are great people with a great boat..
howz that.. would you hire me.. :D

RiverOtter
07-23-2004, 06:40 PM
DCB.. yes.. sea-doo.. no.. I always plug DCB they are great people with a great boat..
howz that.. would you hire me.. :D
I send my HR lady in to settle up all the details :D

Big_Gunz_
07-23-2004, 06:42 PM
Deck Boats gotta have a potti. Wife says so :D
But what do you call it when you remove the potti and use the area to store stuff, like beer, or maybe turn it into a big boom box for you stereo?

RiverOtter
07-23-2004, 06:43 PM
But what do you call it when you remove the potti and use the area to store stuff, like beer, or maybe turn it into a big boom box for you stereo?
I call it a long day cause wifey isn't happy :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-23-2004, 06:46 PM
if the wife ain't happy.. ain't no one happy.. :D :D

Big_Gunz_
07-23-2004, 06:49 PM
I call it a long day cause wifey isn't happy :D
LMAO, me too, don't want to make wifey unhappy, clause shes the one that makes me happy :p . Wifey unhappy = me unhappy :(

phebus
07-23-2004, 06:53 PM
I call it functional. That is what a deck boat is all about. Go big, or go home!! More beer, more stereo. I'm all over it!! :D

RiverOtter
07-23-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by phebus
I call it functional. That is what a deck boat is all about. Go big, or go home!! More beer, more stereo. I'm all over it!! :D
What about more potti?? :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-23-2004, 06:55 PM
LOL!! more potti is good.. specially if wifey is happy.. :D

phebus
07-23-2004, 06:55 PM
Actually, the enclosure for the porta potti on our deck has the amps for the stereo in it, and a large back up ice chest to stock the main ice chest from. Can't run out of beer, and if you have a deckboat, that is usually where the party is. :D

RiverOtter
07-23-2004, 06:56 PM
LOL!! more potti is good.. specially if wifey is happy.. :D
More Potti, More Windshield ... She's happy :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-23-2004, 06:56 PM
where's the brass pole fit in.. :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-23-2004, 06:57 PM
More Potti, More Windshield ... She's happy :D
LOL!! canapies are cool.. ice chest is full, potti is empty and warm, and mama's happier then ever.. :D :D :D

Big_Gunz_
07-23-2004, 06:58 PM
where's the brass pole fit in.. :D
right next to the potti, that way she doesn't have to stop dancing to go, opps did I say that out loud. :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-23-2004, 07:00 PM
LMAO!! dancing on the potti.. the new brass pole experience.. :D

RiverOtter
07-23-2004, 07:00 PM
right next to the potti, that way she doesn't have to stop dancing to go, opps did I say that out loud. :D
Now that's something I never want to see :yuk: :D

hot_diggity_dog
07-24-2004, 09:01 AM
We need pictures!

hot_diggity_dog
07-25-2004, 12:48 PM
We need pictures!