PDA

View Full Version : Ever Been Trying To Leave For The Lake And....

RiverOtter
07-24-2004, 06:02 AM
NOBODY'S ON YOUR SCHEDULE?!?!?!?!?! :mad:

73kona455
07-24-2004, 06:10 AM
every single time i try to go somewhere its that way....lol:D :D

NashvilleBound
07-24-2004, 06:18 AM
I have to kick EVERYONE EVERYTIME in the butt to go ontime...which we are NEVER. Just like today...and its just me and the wife. Go figure!

RiverOtter
07-24-2004, 06:49 AM
I've got an hour headstart on you and I'm haveing no luck!! :mad:

RiverOtter
07-24-2004, 06:54 AM
Ok... ive been told we're leaving in 9 minutes....... We'll See :rolleyes:

RiverOtter
07-24-2004, 06:56 AM
Well what do ya know ... We're leaving! Have a great day!! :D

JetBoatRich
07-24-2004, 07:06 AM
Everytrip seems to have one delay or another:o
Have a safe and fun trip:cool:

DeltaSigBoater
07-24-2004, 09:05 AM
If I'm planning on leaving at 12 I tell everyone that were going to be leaving at 10. By doing this we actually leave earlier to than 12. Seems to work, thankfully nobody has caught on yet.

HCS
07-24-2004, 09:18 AM
I'm suppose to leave for the river at 10:00am tomorrow.
It will probably be more like 11:00am.:rolleyes:

RiverOtter
07-24-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
Everytrip seems to have one delay or another:o
Have a safe and fun trip:cool:
I did. It was great. :D Kids tubed for 45 miles! No joke. :cool:

RiverOtter
07-24-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by DeltaSigBoater
If I'm planning on leaving at 12 I tell everyone that were going to be leaving at 10. By doing this we actually leave earlier to than 12. Seems to work, thankfully nobody has caught on yet.
Better hope they didn't read this thread :D

MudPumper
07-24-2004, 12:38 PM
Next time your in the truck waiting to go, drive off and go do something for an hour. Get some lunch, fuel up, whatever. They will think you left them and by the time you get back they will be ready to go. I think it might get the point across. :D

RiverOtter
07-24-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by MudPumper
Next time your in the truck waiting to go, drive off and go do something for an hour. Get some lunch, fuel up, whatever. They will think you left them and by the time you get back they will be ready to go. I think it might get the point across. :D
It's been tried... Didn't work and got in trouble with the wife :rolleyes:

spute
07-24-2004, 02:58 PM
i am gettin de-sensitized to it......i have kids!

NashvilleBound
07-24-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by RiverOtter
I've got an hour headstart on you and I'm haveing no luck!! :mad:
Finally made it to Center Hill around 11........great day but come on.....

HighRoller
07-24-2004, 04:29 PM
My parents had the perfect solution to this problem when we were little. They would tell us we were leaving the next day, and then scoop us up in the middle of the night, throw us in the bunkbed in the camper and hammer down. By the time we woke up it was 6 in the morning and we would be right about the state line on I-40.:D

NashvilleBound
07-24-2004, 04:31 PM
Cool thing is...were only 40 minutes from 4 lakes. The not-so-cool-thing....wifey lags getting ready.

Dr. Eagle
07-24-2004, 06:53 PM
NOBODY'S ON YOUR SCHEDULE?!?!?!?!?! :mad:
Usually.......:rolleyes:

checkster
07-24-2004, 10:35 PM
I'm usually the guy who lives on football time......you know....15 minutes = 1 hour. Pisses the wife off daily!:D

JustMVG
07-25-2004, 12:56 AM
I am amazed that even when the trip has been PLANNED, and the DAY BEFORE the trip noone has got anything packed or knows what they want to eat, and I have to run to the store go get the food the drinks the ice.... etc.... and i know that i am not alone on this drive everyone to the lake back the boat in to the water, get boat backed off of trailer, beg wife to please take the truck and trailer just up the ramp and park, only to have three kids who ive asked nicely to hold the boat next to the dock, just hold the boat, wife gets out of truck and plants butt in boat, kids get distracted and for get to hold boat to dock, yes i do have bumpers and dockbuddy lines i take them out and have them ready every time, but each time there seems to be not one cleat to tie up to since everyone else has them used up... park truck walk down only to see the boat fifty feet from the dock, music blasting and mom and the girls just having a blast, i ask if one of them can start the boat and just idle back towards me, all i get is the deer in the headlight look from everyone on board, finally get out on the water and somebody always FORGETS something they absolutely have to have. Can i go back to the truck and get it, each and everytime i say no FN way am i going back up there to get whatever the heck it was they forgot in the first place, why does this happen EVERYTIME we go?
Then you get going find a nice cove and just want to relax for the few hours you have, now everyone want to go for a boat ride or drive the boat, i'll give them all the behind the wheel time they can get, but darn it you better be ready to use that time to help out around the dock at some time, i cringe when i hear the girls talking about going out on the boat, now we have a motorhome, and they want to plan whole weekends and week long trips, this is going to be a fun summer!!!
Glad i got to rant for a minute, Thanks Mike VG

RiverOtter
07-25-2004, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by NashvilleBound
Finally made it to Center Hill around 11........great day but come on..... \
We hit Chickamauga around 12ET. Chamber of Commerce day :cool: Never been to Center Hill. I hear it's very nice. I doubt there are many (no scratch that) ANY boats like yours there :D

NashvilleBound
07-25-2004, 06:00 AM
\
We hit Chickamauga around 12ET. Chamber of Commerce day :cool: Never been to Center Hill. I hear it's very nice. I doubt there are many (no scratch that) ANY boats like yours there :D There are a few but really nothing in the same "Class". Were having a Poker Run in Sept (I'm going to post the details this week) Your welcome to join us. They are even bringing in an artist from one of the maajor labels....

JetBoatRich
07-25-2004, 06:07 AM
I did. It was great. :D Kids tubed for 45 miles! No joke. :cool:
Sounds like a great lake, good to hear all was good;)

RiverOtter
07-25-2004, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by NashvilleBound
There are a few but really nothing in the same "Class". Were having a Poker Run in Sept (I'm going to post the details this week) Your welcome to join us. They are even bringing in an artist from one of the maajor labels....
Yeah, I can just imagine me in a Poker Run with my Chaparral bow rider :o , Your boat does look awsome :cool: Why are you selling it?

RiverOtter
07-25-2004, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
Sounds like a great lake, good to hear all was good;)
It is a great lake, thanks. 55 miles between locks. The lake above us (Watts Bar) is 65 miles between locks and the one below us is 45 miles between locks. And if your feeling real frisky you can go another couple of locks hand a left at Pickwick and take the Tom Bigby Waterway to the Gulf of Mexico. I know several people that have done just that. (Not in a bowrider though :D )

NashvilleBound
07-25-2004, 12:32 PM
Yeah, I can just imagine me in a Poker Run with my Chaparral bow rider :o , Your boat does look awsome :cool: Why are you selling it?
You will fit right in with a Chaparrel bowrider! I kid you not. There are only 20+ powerboats...and thats a strech cuz I'm the fastest...Most are Baja's...open bows. Almost everyone has a family running with them. All the rest are crusiers, pontoons, and a few jet skis. This is a family run event, charity involved, its going to cost @$20 to enter and you have to bring a dish for food. There will be entertainment (I cant say who otherwise it would turn into a zoo) I swear you'll enjoy it. When I post the official gig, hopefully tomorrow, please consider it!
Thanks for the compliments on my ride. It's been a completely trouble free good time for 3 years! I just need more room and a tower for my sons wakeboarding. I will go with a 28 "Sport Deck" like Tridents or Cobra's with something like the Bob Teague blown 540 for power. I figure it should take care off all my needs...hopefully.

RiverOtter
07-25-2004, 12:42 PM
Sounds like a large time and will consider for sure. Hope it's not end of August cause we'll be down at Seacrest Beach :cool:

NashvilleBound
07-25-2004, 12:43 PM
Its going to be Sept 18th.

RiverOtter
07-25-2004, 12:45 PM
Cool very doable and I've heard great things about Center Hill.