PDA

View Full Version : what do you guys think

boatnam2
07-24-2004, 01:24 PM
missboatnam and i own a place in parker.it is a trailer but done up pretty good,there is 10 trailers in our place one street 5 on each side with the street ending into the river as the boat ramp.every place has a view.also nice garage.also with a nice beach on one side of ramp and nice dock and concrete pad on other side.house that butts up to pad is first house in miraleste estates very high end.we own the land and are 1/10 partners on everything else beach etc etc.problem is we pay probaly 2k a month after all said and done but wont rent it out because it was completly redone and had not been used when we bought it.i really love the place but we only go about once a month.i was thinking about selling it buying a trailer at bransons cash no payment for 90k and maybe renting it out a few times a month.so i would go from something i own land and all to a trailer i own that i lease a spot that is right on the water plus have a river place to go to anytime plus probaly put money in my pocket after lease and boat storage payment.what do you boys think.

boatnam2
07-24-2004, 01:27 PM
http://www.hillbankusa.com/signfx/riverpics/randomriverpics/DSC00060.jpg

boatnam2
07-24-2004, 01:28 PM
second trailer from the top with the garage.

RiverOtter
07-24-2004, 01:43 PM
How much would those houses sell for?

boatnam2
07-24-2004, 01:44 PM
probaly around 1.5 million+.

RiverOtter
07-24-2004, 01:46 PM
Wow:cool:

HCS
07-24-2004, 01:53 PM
I think that's an awesome looking set up!
If you can trust renters, rent it out and recoup some cash.

boatnam2
07-24-2004, 01:57 PM
thats is what i would like to do but it has all brand new furniture and i dont want someone throwing meat in my new bed.

RiverOtter
07-24-2004, 02:02 PM
I have vacation property and it's in the "rental pool". We really haven't had any problems. Maybe because the rent is high and keeps a certain class out. Only "problem" we had was someone tried to pry their way into one of the owner's closets. Probably just some kid.

Desert Rat
07-24-2004, 02:17 PM
Whats the difference of renting out this one or the next one you buy? You'll still have a bed that someone has ..as you say it thrown down the meat in? This place is awesom. Try renting it out to people you know first and see how it works out, if you don't care for the arrangment then consider letting it go. I think if you let it go you may never find something like it again..JMHO:)

boatnam2
07-24-2004, 02:23 PM
well the place were looking at is furnished and the beds are used so i could probaly get over the meat issue.another problem is there is only room for 2 boats on the dock which if there is more then 2 of my neighbors there and there have there boats on the dock the renter would may get pissed and i dont want no issues with them.you are right desert rat the place is sweet and would would probaly regret seeling it.

boatnam2
07-24-2004, 02:24 PM
also the place we are going to look at is ran by this old gal that is like a army sargent she dosent let no one check out until she has inspected the place inch by inch.

HCS
07-24-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by boatnam2
well the place were looking at is furnished and the beds are used so i could probaly get over the meat issue.another problem is there is only room for 2 boats on the dock which if there is more then 2 of my neighbors there and there have there boats on the dock the renter would may get pissed and i dont want no issues with them.you are right desert rat the place is sweet and would would probaly regret seeling it.
So do you get your own dock spot? Or is it first come first serve?
And where's the launch, is it right there by that house?

spute
07-24-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by boatnam2
http://www.hillbankusa.com/signfx/riverpics/randomriverpics/DSC00060.jpg
i've been in this house. it has a full-on movie theater with seating for at least 10. oh, and the bathroom has a urinal in it! Very sweet pad.

bordsmnj
07-24-2004, 02:54 PM
Hey Jim,
We "throw meat" everytime we are at your place now !! :D hahaha Don't think we won't be doing the same at the new place. :p just kidding (maybe)
Linda
(oops, posting as the Mr.)

Sleek-Jet
07-24-2004, 02:54 PM
What would something like that rent for??

mbrown2
07-24-2004, 02:58 PM
Don't ever sell land in Parker....my .02....Our house has almost tripled in 4 years we have had it...and the land in Havasu in a year went from 63K to 155......I say again, don't ever sell deeded land in Parker or Havasu...

boatnam2
07-24-2004, 03:01 PM
yea but your not throwing meat in my suite,its the guest room why is it called that because i be guesting what going on in there.the trailer or house sj?

boatnam2
07-24-2004, 03:04 PM
i hear what your saying mb.if we used it as much as you used your place would not even be thinking about it.we dont get much time off and when we do we feel like we can only go to the river and no where else just to try and justify the payment.

charlyox
07-24-2004, 03:14 PM
Hey Mac.there is nothing like riverfront property.My girlfriend has 2 lots in needles she is selling for 1.7 mil.SWEET

Havasu_Dreamin
07-24-2004, 03:16 PM
I know it's probably a pain, but what about switching out the mattress when you leave? Or turning it over. Sounds like that is the biggest problem you have with renting it out.

Havasu Hangin'
07-24-2004, 03:16 PM
Parker? Where's that?

Jrocket
07-24-2004, 03:21 PM
I would stick with what you have now and only rent it out to people you really trust.I would be interested in renting it a few times,if I make your good guy list...LOL
I wouldnt sell it thats for sure.Plus I dont think the other park your talking about is worth a shit..just my $.02 though.:D

Sleek-Jet
07-24-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Havasu_Dreamin
I know it's probably a pain, but what about switching out the mattress when you leave? Or turning it over. Sounds like that is the biggest problem you have with renting it out.
Rubber sheets. :D
Sorry couldn't resist.

HCS
07-24-2004, 03:29 PM
Make the people that rent it where diapers.
Around here there would be a 5 year waiting list to buy a place like that.:eek:

boatnam2
07-24-2004, 03:45 PM
in needles shit 2 years ago you could of bought the whole city of needles for 1.7 million.flipping the mattress over that is a good ideal.

gramps
07-24-2004, 03:50 PM
I would NOT sell your place unless you really need the $$$$$$..............also I would do EVERYTHING I could to buy the house with the red tile roof

mbrown2
07-24-2004, 04:19 PM
Boatnam,
I understand about not having the time off....I remember when my neices lived with us for a couple years and it was tough to get away....if we had the place then, I would have rented it...just to help with a payment I am not enjoying....
Also, I tell my wife she can go anywhere she wants on vacation as long as its Parker...:D
Really, I could not imagine laying on a beach in Tahiti drinking suckass drinks when I could be floating down to Foxes for a mudslide...don't even compare in my book...but I read from a different book..:cool:
Also, forgot to mention that the Parker place is split between me and my wife and best friend who is single and a blast to hang with...the 4 years have never brought drama, so the split makes it easier for me..

HighRoller
07-24-2004, 04:26 PM
Also, I tell my wife she can go anywhere she wants on vacation as long as its Parker...
Does she get full DCB priviledges too?

HavasuDreamin'
07-24-2004, 05:55 PM
Not sure if snow birds rent in Parker but that may be a route to check into that will ease the payment and keep the meat to a minimum. Plus they will probably take care of it......and you may be able to get the same people every winter. Plus you get 100% use during the summer. :)

Jrocket
07-24-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by HighRoller
Yep..she can ride in mine anytime she wants.:D

mbrown2
07-24-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by HighRoller
Of course...she owns half the boat....but she would probably take the BU instead....easier to drive..

mbrown2
07-24-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Jrocket
Yep..she can ride in mine anytime she wants.:D
Always looking out for a brutha...One of the qualities I like about you:D

Tom Brown
07-24-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Jrocket
I dont think the other park your talking about is worth a shit.
Why don't you see if you can rent the new place for a weekend and try it on for size?
By the way, I've been to your place in Parker (outside only) and it seems like a great place to hang out. :cool:
Good luck with whatever you do.

Boozer
07-25-2004, 01:33 AM
You rent the place and change the sheets. No big deal. OR you keep and OWNERS closet where u keep your matress and the RENTERs mattress. You roll into the pad throw down your special $1200 matress and throw your meat. When you leave you throw down the $500 okay semi comfy matress for the renters to throw meat on.
Simple as that.

HighRoller
07-25-2004, 03:15 AM
Get a special "meat sauce" mattress like Boozer says! It will stand up by itself after some usage so it's easy to store!! Might wanna put plastic sheeting on the "head"board and carpet too. Never know where that stuff will end up......

clownpuncher
07-25-2004, 04:35 AM
I think you should sell your current pad to me for a good price then move on up................:D

boatnam2
07-25-2004, 07:56 AM
clown puncher you dont need to buy it i told you that you can rent it anytime.jrocket you are also more then welcome to rent it anytime for the discount brother hook up rate.jetboatrich has used it and mandelon will be soon i hope.

Tom Brown
07-25-2004, 07:59 AM
I didn't know Jrocket was cut. Does it make him look bigger?

boatnam2
07-25-2004, 08:03 AM
tomb he looks bigger when he is in the water.

charlyox
07-25-2004, 08:53 AM
so what's the verdict? sell or not to sell?

boatnam2
07-25-2004, 08:56 AM
i dont know we will be in parker next weekend and plan on going and looking at don johnsons place hopefully saturday morning.i already have a guy that wants my place so that is not an issue.

charlyox
07-25-2004, 10:22 AM
that's cool .you are in the drivers seat