PDA

View Full Version : Carlton Sheets! I'm rich, biatch!

HighRoller
07-25-2004, 03:00 AM
Carlton Sheets just told me I can make a pile of money buying and selling property with no money, no credit, no down payment and no brains! SWEET! I'm gonna call him up right now and claim my fortune.......

Boozer
07-25-2004, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by HighRoller
Carlton Sheets just told me I can make a pile of money buying and selling property with no money, no credit, no down payment and no brains! SWEET! I'm gonna call him up right now and claim my fortune.......
Give Carlton my number when you make your first $50K check.

HighRoller
07-25-2004, 03:10 AM
WTF? I called and told the lady I had no money, no credit and no down payment so I definitely qualified. Then I asked for my free house. She told me I wouldn't get a house, but for $9.95 I could get a book telling me how to. I reminded her that I had no money. She asked if I had a credit card. I reminded her I had no credit and couldn't get one. She said I had to pay $9.95 but after 30 days I could get it back if I wasn't happy. I asked her if I could have it deducted from the proceeds of my first house sale, since I'd get "cash back at closing" like the man said. She said no, I had to pay up front. I told her that sounded like a down payment to me....then I asked to speak to Carlton and she hung up on me!!! I thought this was an honest offer.....:( :D

Rexone
07-25-2004, 03:13 AM
Carlton's the man. and Dave Del Dotto, and Robert Allen, Tom Vu, and Don Lapre with his thousands of newpaper ads shiznit, and and and and... I can't believe people actually bite on that crap. If it were true no one in their right mind would still be working at their regular 9-5 jobs.
Check it out (http://www.highbeam.com/library/doc0.asp?docid=1G1:17473595&refid=ink_g5s1&skeyword=&teaser=)
Another Artical (http://www.investinginland.com/nothing_down_scams.htm)
And remember Tom Vu (http://www.infomercial.tvheaven.com/tomvu.htm) ... Come to my seminaa.... lol

Rexone
07-25-2004, 03:15 AM
then I asked to speak to Carlton and she hung up on me!!!
Carlton's probably busy beating off the federalles. :D

HighRoller
07-25-2004, 03:18 AM
Hey REX, Carlton is no longer the man...have you seen the twin midgets hawking their get rich quick plan? I thought it was a joke until the troll free....err...toll free number came up!

Rexone
07-25-2004, 03:20 AM
No I missed that one. damn. :D

Dan Lorenze
07-25-2004, 07:03 AM
Tom Voo makes me laugh "Look at me... Look at these women" "I'm rich".. haha

Rexone
07-25-2004, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Dan Lorenze
Tom Voo makes me laugh "Look at me... Look at these women" "I'm rich".. haha
----------------
from the link..
It's been nearly a decade since Tom Vu's infomercial last aired; Vu ran into legal trouble and now, according to Dateline NBC, is retired and living in California. Yet Vu's infomercial remains the best remembered and most laughed at—indeed, I rank it second only to the Crime in America infomercial as the most ridiculous ever broadcast. Surrounding himself with mansions, a yacht, pricey cars, and beautiful swimsuit models, mild-mannered Tom Vu persuaded thousands of men that a rich playboy's lifestyle was in their grasp—and it would all start by showing up at his seminar.
----------------
funny shit :D
you want all dis, come to my seminaa
lol

Sleek-Jet
07-25-2004, 07:17 AM
Just send me $10.00 and I'll send you my book "How to get total strangers to give you $10.00 for your book".... :D
... I'm gonna be rich.

dmontzsta
07-25-2004, 07:49 AM
It may sound funny, but I have a friend that followed his course and now owns 11 pieces of land and has made $700,000+ this year.

XtrmWakeborder
07-25-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by dmontzsta
It may sound funny, but I have a friend that followed his course and now owns 11 pieces of land and has made $700,000+ this year.
Which course? I kinda like the one where u get a book full of governement auctions and get a house for 300 bucks lol..i wonder how that works.

NorCal Gameshow
07-25-2004, 11:16 AM
the real money is made by selling books telling people how to make money...
send me ten bucks and i'll tell you how...;)

JustMVG
07-25-2004, 12:19 PM
The Midgets have been around for years, hawking just about every get rich quick scheme, ever look at late night tv, I have Direct TV and after 1 am our time you scroll thru the directory and it's nothing but "Paid Programming" it's ridiculous. My favorite now is the ATM/Internet wireless deal, and at the end of the what seems like 20 minute 3 min, commercial, they tell you to hurry some of the best locations are being taken you might lose out if you don't call 1800BURNYOU, amazing, yet when you go to some stores and have no cash you use "their" ATM and pay 2.50 to get 20.00 then your bank charges you for using a non- bank atm. Life is getting too expensive.
MVG

dmontzsta
07-25-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by XtrmWakeborder
Which course? I kinda like the one where u get a book full of governement auctions and get a house for 300 bucks lol..i wonder how that works.
I am not sure which one...
BTW: I print all the inserts and books for the Carlton Sheet no money down program at work. :)

HighRoller
07-25-2004, 01:49 PM
If anyone wants to know the truth about these scammers, send me ten bucks and I'll tell you why not to send them 10 bucks:D

HighRoller
07-25-2004, 02:08 PM
Okay, so after staying up half the night watching infommercials, I found out I can acheive ALL my goals in just two hours a day. Here's my new schedule:
9-9:20 AM: Bowflex workout. In just 20 minutes a day, three days a week I'll have a body like a greek God in 6 weeks.
9:20-9:26AM: 6 minute ab workout. Have ripped abs in just 6 minutes a day.
9:26-10:00AM:Internet stock trading. Since most people make $10,000 an hour doing this, I only need half an hour to make a quick 5K.
10-10:06AM: Breakfast weight loss shake from six minute slim weight loss. Six minutes a day for six weeks and I'll lose 50 lbs!
10:06-10:15AM: Still hungry so I take CortiSlim, Metabolife, Trim spa, Super Carbo Blocker and L.A. Weight Loss pills and blend them in a blender with an Atkins approved Slim fast drink and throw in a carbo blaster power bar and some Ex-Lax. I'll be losin weight in no time!
10:15-11:00AM: Buy and sell 14 houses and make a pile of cash without using my own money.
There you go. In about a month according to the ads on TV I'll be 100lbs lighter and will have made 47.6 million dollars without spending a dime and work only two hours a day. You chumps will still be stuck at that 8 hour job. Whose the dummy now?:D

Mandelon
07-25-2004, 02:27 PM
That Carleton Sheets guy has a decent idea, it is just hard to find those kinds of properties. Certainly rare in So Cal, but in some more rural areas that have some tough economic issues it can be done. It is definitely hard to find someone to give you a house with no money down. Money helps make it a lot easier.
But it does happen.
I had a lady give me her house.
That's right.......... She gave it to me.
Why?...............:confused:
To save her credit.
She was behind on the payments and was facing foreclosure. She couldn't get it sold in time and the bank was interested in taking a short payoff.
I knew her agent and he suggested she talk to me about it.
She signed a quitclaim deed for the property to me and gave possession of the house over to me. I contacted the lender and made the payments current.
Cost me $21K to do it, but they didn't care and I still got in cheap. I rehabbed it for $15,000 and sold it in 60 days for a $25,000 profit.
My little yellow cottage just got an offer of $410K but we are going to hold out for $425K.......:rolleyes: We should make $120K net profit after all the bills are paid......
These things are out there, but they are hard to find and you need to be persistent and lucky.

Rexone
07-25-2004, 03:52 PM
Okay, so after staying up half the night watching infommercials, I found out I can acheive ALL my goals in just two hours a day. Here's my new schedule:
9-9:20 AM: Bowflex workout. In just 20 minutes a day, three days a week I'll have a body like a greek God in 6 weeks.
9:20-9:26AM: 6 minute ab workout. Have ripped abs in just 6 minutes a day.
9:26-10:00AM:Internet stock trading. Since most people make $10,000 an hour doing this, I only need half an hour to make a quick 5K.
10-10:06AM: Breakfast weight loss shake from six minute slim weight loss. Six minutes a day for six weeks and I'll lose 50 lbs!
10:06-10:15AM: Still hungry so I take CortiSlim, Metabolife, Trim spa, Super Carbo Blocker and L.A. Weight Loss pills and blend them in a blender with an Atkins approved Slim fast drink and throw in a carbo blaster power bar and some Ex-Lax. I'll be losin weight in no time!
10:15-11:00AM: Buy and sell 14 houses and make a pile of cash without using my own money.
There you go. In about a month according to the ads on TV I'll be 100lbs lighter and will have made 47.6 million dollars without spending a dime and work only two hours a day. You chumps will still be stuck at that 8 hour job. Whose the dummy now?:D
You're screwin up HR, you really need to allow an hour somewhere for Billy Blanks Ty-bo workout. I think that in conjunction with the other things you've chosen and a little seat time on the bike you can give Lance Armstrong a run for the money next Tour.

Rexone
07-25-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Mandelon
That Carleton Sheets guy has a decent idea, it is just hard to find those kinds of properties. Certainly rare in So Cal, but in some more rural areas that have some tough economic issues it can be done. It is definitely hard to find someone to give you a house with no money down. Money helps make it a lot easier.
I agree I could happen and the idea is sound (if you were to actually work your friggin ass off doing it). What they tell you though (or lead you to believe) is that you're going to make thousands and thousands of dollars in your spare time with little effort and just haul wheelbarrells full of checks to the bank each month.
These dudes are in the business of selling books and tapes and that's the bottom line. And that's where the money's at.
Hey I have a new plan that anyone can do from their garage getting rich selling marine parts...no money down. Come to my seminaa... lol.
I actually went to a Robert Allen seminar about 20 years ago (the gullable days), paid him like $200 bucks and listened to a bunch of hype. While some ideas are sound like Mandy says, it is not without effort that you achieve anything contrary to what these guys lead you to believe. Then once at the seminar they try to sign you up for all types of "materials" and an ongoing "consultant" program so you can be successful... just another way of fleecing your wallet knowing that less than 1% of the people are actually gonna have the balls to go out and work at it and make any money.

Mandelon
07-25-2004, 05:34 PM
You are right. I didn't mean to sound like those seminars are the way to go, I just wanted to point out that if you do your homework, get lucky, and doggedly chase after deals, you can find some and maybe get wealthy. Plus time it right.
I used to manage foreclosures, and I swear we found get rich quick and real estate seminar books in a lot of the houses that the bank took back. :rolleyes:
I know some old guys who bought one rental property per year for ten or 15 years, and then retired. You can do it too, but its hard work for the first few years......rental property sucks when it sucks.......but when it triples in value in a few years, or pays for itself over time.......then its good.

HighRoller
07-25-2004, 07:55 PM
Carlton's program is flawed because if you follow it you'll rely way too heavily on debt to float the properties. If for some reason you get stuck with a property that won't sell, or won't get your asking price, what do you do? What do you do if you get stuck with multiple properties? It's a house of cards if you pay nothing down and finance everything. I've been told several times that if you're serious about investment property the minimum you should ever put down is 50%. My parents made a lot of money from real estate, but it wasn't from "flipping" houses. You can make a lot of money, but it's like the stock market. The faster you try to make money in it, the more risk you have to assume.

Mandelon
07-25-2004, 08:02 PM
You will make more by holding long term than flipping. And a rising market sure helps......:D :rolleyes: :D
I remember Tom Vu.
" I tell you how make $100 tousand dorra in real estate. First buy a property for 200 tousand dorra. Then get appraisal for tree hunred tousand dorra.......you jus make hunred tousand dorra!"" So easy! You get big boat and beautiful radies.....:D :D

HighRoller
07-25-2004, 08:43 PM
I'm no expert in R.E., but if I were to do it I'd just start with a single property that I could afford to pay cash for. Then however long it took for me to realize a nice profit I wouldn't sweat. Maybe you have to buy one house at a time 5 times in a row over 10 or 15 years, but every time you do you make a little profit. If you're lucky and persistent I guess you could move up to more expensive houses or buy multiple properties eventually.

Rexone
07-25-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Mandelon
You will make more by holding long term than flipping. And a rising market sure helps......:D :rolleyes: :D
I remember Tom Vu.
" I tell you how make $100 tousand dorra in real estate. First buy a property for 200 tousand dorra. Then get appraisal for tree hunred tousand dorra.......you jus make hunred tousand dorra!"" So easy! You get big boat and beautiful radies.....:D :D
You want all dis? (Tom pointing towards his rented mansion leaning on his rented Rolls)...
Come to my seminaa...
:D