PDA

View Full Version : Life is so hard

goeasy8
07-25-2004, 07:35 AM
If I had to right it all here It would be a novel. How do you cope, besides the boozin how do you really cope:confused:

FMluvswater
07-25-2004, 08:11 AM
prayers ... and humor ... the smallest things :)

Mr.Havasu
07-25-2004, 08:11 AM
Hang in there.:)
It helps to have friends, and believe it or not I have received sooo much comfort from these forums during tough times.
There is always something better waiting for you around the next turn, you just need to look for it.

Sleek-Jet
07-25-2004, 08:14 AM
Hot Boat Forums....
And HavasuDoug.com...
And RiverRatLife.com...
There are people on here I have never met that I would consider close friends. The type of people that help you through the tuff times.

ROZ
07-25-2004, 08:34 AM
I never thought I'd say this, but I have to agree with the others. If there's a little "kink" in your life, speak to a good friend, priest(pastor, rabbi whatever), or family member. Trust me, it helps. We've all come upon difficult times and have felt like there is no end to the bullcrud that life throws at us. In the end, it makes us who we are and is what help define our character. Look around, there's a lot of crazy characters around these parts...lol ...
There are plenty of peeps who've put their laundry, so to speak, up on a forum when the feel they've had the last straw. They can post about it, but I can tell you that I've read some realy good personal advise here that in one way or another has benefit me. :)
What bugs?

Ntwotrance
07-25-2004, 08:37 AM
When life kicks me in the junk, I stop, find a place to reflect on all the good things (kids, wife, and so on). But I'm guessing yours is a little deeper kick in the junk...so, I would also suggest that you talk with family or friends, let it out, don't hold it in. If that doesn't cut it, seek a professional (and I'm serious about this, as I've seen to many friends not do it, and it has lead to larger problems)....

coolchange
07-25-2004, 09:10 AM
Although the "night before" might make it easier for a while the "morning after" makes it even harder.

goeasy8
07-25-2004, 09:52 AM
Thanks for all the advice everyone, the last 4 years have been the worst. I pray everyday and try to get through it. so I'll just keep trying.

Ntwotrance
07-25-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by goeasy8
Thanks for all the advice everyone, the last 4 years have been the worst. I pray everyday and try to get through it. so I'll just keep trying.
you'll get through it, just keep the faith, and remember your friends and family will be there for you.

MagicMtnDan
07-25-2004, 10:48 AM
When life gets you down remember two things that might help you get through it:
1. there are millions of people who have it worse than you do
2. you're still here walking on this beautiful earth
Hang in there - don't let the turkeys get you down. If you're in a bad relationship there's an awesome book I can recommend to you (even if you're not in a bad relationship it's a great book): The Road Less Traveled by M. Scott Peck
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0684847248.01._PE_PIdp-schmoo2,TopRight,7,-26_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg
Spend time with people who care about you - people you trust - and do the right thing. It will get better.
Good luck!

Floored
07-25-2004, 11:09 AM
watch a sunrise or sunset, motorcycle ride, hammer my boat or just polish it being thankful for even having it after it caught fire. call some friends and ask, how ya doing. watch "COPS" and be thankful I'm not as bad off as some of the "stars" of that show. I plan for tomorrow, but try to live and love like there isn't one.

dmontzsta
07-25-2004, 01:01 PM
Just dont think about it much, I have been through ALOT of shit when I was younger, growing up around all kinds of gangs, selling dope, getting arrested, etc... One thing I have learned in my life is not to let things bother you, just dont think about shit and keep looking at the future, just keep plugging along. :)

Her454
07-25-2004, 06:50 PM
Things are NEVER as bad as they seem right now. They WILL get better. Life can be cruel sometimes and might seem unfair but it all evens out somehow. You may not know, or ever even meet anyone on this forum, but 99% of the people are here for you if you need us. Having friends and someone to talk to is half the battle.....accepting it is the other. :):)

ratso
07-25-2004, 06:55 PM
goeasy8...if you ever want to compare notes, give me a holler. There's plenty out there to live for and what I finally learned is to live for yourself...not someone else.:wink:

Dr. Eagle
07-25-2004, 07:00 PM
I have the same issues like everyone else.
I have to work out of town... for almost 8 months now. I have had to work away from home for years at a time before. I hate it.
I try to find something I can enjoy... like I brought my boat down here to finish projects on, and maybe use as well... and lately have been playing golf with friends (hadn't played in over 10 years). Just try to get your mind into something positive and keep it there.
Harder than it sounds, I know. I have my moments, but I'm just gonna do my best and keep my head down, be successful at work and try to make it all work.

dmontzsta
07-25-2004, 07:13 PM
goeasy, you need to head out to some boat meets, even if you dont bring a boat, you will have a good time and are guarantee some rides...it will take your mind off things.