PDA

View Full Version : That Mr Clean car wash thing......

Danhercules
07-25-2004, 12:43 PM
is the BOMB!!!! Works great. No drying and no water spots.

Jrocket
07-25-2004, 12:48 PM
Told ya so.:D

dmontzsta
07-25-2004, 12:58 PM
yeah it does...but the replacement filters and soap can get expensive, 3 uses total? I just stick to the old fashioned way. :)

HM
07-25-2004, 12:59 PM
What is it and where do you get it?
(sorry, missed the original thread).

HammerDown
07-25-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by dmontzsta
but the replacement filters and soap can get expensive, 3 uses total? I just stick to the old fashioned way. :)
See, thats how they get-cha:rolleyes:

`70 TAHITI
07-25-2004, 01:36 PM
The refills are about $12 for both the filter & soap,and they do about 10 washes, not 3 that comes with the starter kit. Thats alot better then having Jose wash you`re car for $15+ each week.:yuk:

Jrocket
07-25-2004, 01:41 PM
You have to be thrifty with your water consumption,I have used them before and they work good.I have an actuall DI water system just for washing my cars,boat and toys at my house.Its not as expensive as you would think.In the end its cheaper than using the Mr.Clean set up.

dmontzsta
07-25-2004, 02:02 PM
Jose washing the car = no no
my cars are black, I dont want them scratching my shit up.

Dusty Times
07-25-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Jrocket
You have to be thrifty with your water consumption,I have used them before and they work good.I have an actuall DI water system just for washing my cars,boat and toys at my house.Its not as expensive as you would think.In the end its cheaper than using the Mr.Clean set up.
Can you give some info on the di system? I used to have a guy wash our trucks that used di and the aluminum would stay shiny and the whole vehicle had less water spot scum and spots.

PUMP 'HER'
07-25-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Jrocket
I have an actuall DI water system just for washing my cars,boat and toys at my house.
I like the Mr. Clean dealio too (although it did spot up bad on me one time with a new filter), and it has me thinking about this route also. How about some more info J.

Jrocket
07-25-2004, 03:39 PM
DI system is cake...Its a tank that you mount on a small hand cart,like the ones from home depot or such.Run the house in one side and another house out the other and thats it.Turn on the water and wash away.The tank I use will filter about 1400-1600 gallons of water.It doesnt take very much water to wash and rinse off my boat or cars.If you use a pressure washer you use even less water consumption.I got my set up from US Filter.Its about 215 a year for the bottle rental and about 65 to have them come out and exchange the bottle.I go through 2 or so bottles a year.Sometimes almost 3 bottles.There is a light on top of the bottles that will let you know when the bottle needs replaced...Really simple and no water spots.
US Filter (http://www.usfilter.com/water/)
If you call to get a quote,try to bargain with them.They dont have a set price.Tell them a buddy of yours has a system and he doesnt pay that much,it worked for me.No matter what they quote ya,tell them that....LOL

AngryJosh
07-26-2004, 07:23 AM
Yeah this thing works good. I get up to five washes before having to change the filter.

eliminatedsprinter
07-26-2004, 07:34 AM
We have one. It works pretty well.

welk2party
07-26-2004, 08:10 AM
Another more permanent solution is to put a soft water filter in line with your house water supply with a hose bib attatched. Have one at my fathers house. Wash vehicles or anything you want soft water for anytime.

Havasu Cig
07-26-2004, 01:05 PM
I have the same system as Jrocket and it is the only way to go. I use the Mr. Clean system at the ramp to wash the bilge, but I use my deionizer at home for the rest of the boat. The Mr. Clean system does not put out much water.
The bottle I have at home puts out as much as with a regular hose and I can even run a pressure washer with it. I am suprised more people don't have them. I can wash my entire boat and trailer in about an hour with no spots.

beach gomer
07-26-2004, 01:14 PM
Jrocket
how did you do at glenhelen yesterday.

Jrocket
07-26-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by beach gomer
Jrocket
how did you do at glenhelen yesterday.
The turn out for my class was small so Saturday I practiced at Glen Helen and then went to Victorville on Sunday for practice then Sunday night at Starwest for some xr50 madness fun!