PDA

View Full Version : I made it back alive.

KACHINA KEN
07-26-2004, 09:45 AM
Hi All,
Made it through the Catalina trip alive, only one tense moment in the whole trip but the rest was fantastic, I will upload pics today and write a full report tonight.
Saw 3 boardmembers out there, 3DO, Beetlejuice and another guy that I can't place a name to though I have seen his boat, it's a grey and black Shockwave Tremor. Anyhow lots more to come, and if RiverDave can offer a little coaching I can put up some video of the trip home.
Kenny

dicudmore
07-26-2004, 09:45 AM
right on :D
glad you had a good trip

Havasu Hangin'
07-26-2004, 09:46 AM
But how was In-N-Out?

KACHINA KEN
07-26-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
But how was In-N-Out?
You DICK, you saw me there and didn't stop by and say hi?

SILVERWING
07-26-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by KACHINA KEN
Hi All,
Made it through the Catalina trip alive, only one tense moment in the whole trip but the rest was fantastic, I will upload pics today and write a full report tonight.
Saw 3 boardmembers out there, 3DO, Beetlejuice and another guy that I can't place a name to though I have seen his boat, it's a grey and black Shockwave Tremor. Anyhow lots more to come, and if RiverDave can offer a little coaching I can put up some video of the trip home.
Kenny
ken are u still on for the river this weekend HV

Havasu Hangin'
07-26-2004, 09:58 AM
You DICK, you saw me there and didn't stop by and say hi?
You never know where ole HH will be lurking...
Nice boat. Did you get the salt off?

RiverDave
07-26-2004, 10:05 AM
Hi All,
Kenny
Is the video already on your computer?
2ndly, if it is on your computer how big is it? Have you edited it yet?
RD

KACHINA KEN
07-26-2004, 10:30 AM
You never know where ole HH will be lurking...
Nice boat. Did you get the salt off?
AWWWWW MAANNNNN, you really shoulda stopped and said hey, I woulda bought you a milkshake or something......... yup, used some of my friends sea soap and I am taking her out for a lake douching today.

KACHINA KEN
07-26-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by RiverDave
Is the video already on your computer?
2ndly, if it is on your computer how big is it? Have you edited it yet?
RD
It will be chopped up in I-Movie on my mac G4 later tonight, about 12 min worth.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
07-26-2004, 11:14 AM
I saw you too! I was with 3do in the outlaw. Ride home was fun in the old 30 huh? Even me and 3do had the wives hitting us in the 36s. We left at 2 and it was CRAZY!:D

KACHINA KEN
07-26-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by FREIND OF AA AND TA
I saw you too! I was with 3do in the outlaw. Ride home was fun in the old 30 huh? Even me and 3do had the wives hitting us in the 36s. We left at 2 and it was CRAZY!:D
That was you , cool, you guys must reall like the food over there to run just for lunch......

FREIND OF AA AND TA
07-26-2004, 11:22 AM
Ya! And then fatty 3do took us to the Yard House for another full blown meal at 3. It was cool because we saw killer boats and got to take the edge off with cocktails. See ya out there soon!

Steamin' Rice
07-26-2004, 12:23 PM
Glad to see that you made it back without too many issues... Put up some pics already.... :D

KACHINA KEN
07-26-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Steamin' Rice
Glad to see that you made it back without too many issues... Put up some pics already.... :D
Hi Greg!
Man o Man, props to you and NordicBob, you really made it all painless, I will post pics but I am working right now in the office so I will have to wait until later to devote the time to it, what a blast though my God! One tense moment but worked through it, tell ya all about it later.
Kenny

Havasu Hangin'
07-26-2004, 12:58 PM
AWWWWW MAANNNNN, you really shoulda stopped and said hey, I woulda bought you a milkshake or something......
Well...thanks for the offer...I can always use a good milkshake. So what did you think of the water?
Last time I was out there, when I stopped for lunch, the motors wouldn't re-fire. It was a nerve-racking few minutes until I realized the first mate had hit the wrong switches on the panel....
Earlier that day I saw SHAKE-YO-AZZ filling up at Sundance in Havasu.
Yep...I get around.

Jrocket
07-26-2004, 01:29 PM
Sounds like fun.I was half assed invited but got bumped by his wife and family for some reason..and we're the closest of friends too.:D

KACHINA KEN
07-26-2004, 01:31 PM
Well...thanks for the offer...I can always use a good milkshake. So what did you think of the water?
Last time I was out there, when I stopped for lunch, the motors wouldn't re-fire. It was a nerve-racking few minutes until I realized the first mate had hit the wrong switches on the panel....
Earlier that day I saw SHAKE-YO-AZZ filling up at Sundance in Havasu.
Yep...I get around.
I'll post a bunch of stuff tonight when I get back in, I need to run to Canyon lake right now and run some lake through her, I'll be back in around 7.

Three Days Only
07-26-2004, 01:53 PM
Glad to see you made it back in one piece, the water got pretty nasty around 3pm. We headed back in 5' seas with the wives and kids and were pretty much shut down at traveling over 40mph. We ended up back at The Yard House for another round of cocktails and some apps. All in all a good day out on the water.
Let us know when your going out next and maybe we can hook up around newport or something.
Jeff

Havasu Hangin'
07-26-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Three Days Only
Glad to see you made it back in one piece, the water got pretty nasty around 3pm. We headed back in 5' seas...
You cat guys whining about the water again?
Are those tears from the wind or because the water hurt your feelings?

Three Days Only
07-26-2004, 02:43 PM
You cat guys whining about the water again?
Are those tears from the wind or because the water hurt your feelings?
No, those tears are from pain. My arm is slightly bruised up from my wife slugging me. Shes not into the ocean at all, put her out there in 5' seas, she gets alittle pissed off.
When are you guys going to learn theres just no messing with a kitty, even when the water aint pretty.

cigarette1
07-26-2004, 03:08 PM
That was you , cool, you guys must reall like the food over there to run just for lunch......
It's all about the boating :)
Sounds like you enjoyed your first trip on the ocean ... lot different than running on a lake ... eh? Well, was it worth getting a little saltwater spray on your toy :cool:
Guys, I am so jealous ... I really wish I'd been out last weekend. All wasn't wasted, I was in Havasu and took a quick ... did I say quick ... ride on my friends new Skater(140 at 5000r's w/ 8000r limit).
I'll be putting up and down the coast this weekend .. give a shout out if you see me.
G

Havasu Hangin'
07-26-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Three Days Only
When are you guys going to learn theres just no messing with a kitty, even when the water aint pretty.
Are you sure that chopper-gun fiberglass will hold up when the goin' gets tough?
Now I know why cats don't like water...

KACHINA KEN
07-26-2004, 05:14 PM
I put up some pics in my image center...
Ill explain em in a little bit in a new thread called CATALINA, THE WHOLE STORY
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showgallery.php?cat=500&si=&page=1&sort=7&perpage=12&password=&ppuser=1819&stype=
kenny

KACHINA KEN
07-26-2004, 07:01 PM
I was just looking at the image center post count, it seems the ones with the girls asses in em are viewed 3 to 1 over any boat stuff LOL I would expect nothing less from ya!

WILD LAVEY
07-26-2004, 07:52 PM
ken, glad to hear you had a blast in the salt. hope to see you out there next time.

KACHINA KEN
07-26-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by WILD LAVEY
ken, glad to hear you had a blast in the salt. hope to see you out there next time.
Thanks, I'm gonna start on the whole post story with pics right now.
Kenny

WILD LAVEY
07-26-2004, 09:00 PM
cool, cant wait to see the pics. i miss avalon.

KACHINA KEN
07-27-2004, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by WILD LAVEY
cool, cant wait to see the pics. i miss avalon.
OK they are up if you cant find it check
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showgallery.php?cat=500&si=&page=1&sort=7&perpage=12&password=&ppuser=1819&stype=

prosthogod
07-27-2004, 07:44 AM
Ken nice pics. Where's the ones with your boat skimmin the tops of the rollers out there? Are you going to havazoo this weekend? we'll be there.:D

FREIND OF AA AND TA
07-27-2004, 07:52 AM
I was just looking at the image center post count, it seems the ones with the girls asses in em are viewed 3 to 1 over any boat stuff LOL I would expect nothing less from ya!
Dam! Busted again!!! Nice pics!:D