PDA

View Full Version : Shove It! ?????

Her454
07-26-2004, 10:43 AM
Teresa Heinz Kerry.................was quoted as tellling this to a journalist and accusing him of putting words in her mouth.
Classy Lady she is. :rolleyes:

al cole'holic
07-26-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Her454
Teresa Heinz Kerry.................was quoted as tellling this to a journalist and accusing him of putting words in her mouth.
Classy Lady she is. :rolleyes:
...and what are you listening to right now?? :D

Tom Brown
07-26-2004, 11:26 AM
:eek:
I like her. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif

Dr. Eagle
07-26-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Tom Brown
:eek:
I like her. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif
I think if Dick Cheney can tell Lehey to FO (and I applaud him for doing that)... I'll have to give her a pass... just this once!

JustMVG
07-26-2004, 12:06 PM
Here try this as reported by Matt Drudge
Speaking to the Pennsylvanian delegation at the statehouse in Boston, Heinz Kerry delivered an impassioned plea against hate politics:
"We need to turn back some of the creeping, un-Pennsylvanian and sometimes un-American traits that are coming into some of our politics."
"My prayers for you, for me, for the country, for the world, are that we keep this at a high level, with dignity, with respect and with a great idealism and courage that took our forefathers to build this great nation."
According to multiple sources who attended the event, Heinz Kerry upon finishing the speech pushed her way through the Secret Service to get to Pittsburgh Tribune Review reporter, Colin McNickle. Upon getting to Mcnickle, Heinz Kerry asks, 'Are you from the Tribune Review' Mcnickle says, 'Yes, I am.'
At this point and in an irritated fashion Heinz Kerry says, 'Of course, understandable. You said something I didnt say. Now Shove it!'
Tape of the incident is being edited to air on Pittsburgh's WTAE-TV, and, according to a media source, ABC NEWS is set to run with it thereafter.
A witness of the incident said reporters were "stunned" by Heinz Kerry's outburst, especially in light of the speech she had just given.
Mike VG

07-26-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
I think if Dick Cheney can tell Lehey to FO (and I applaud him for doing that)... I'll have to give her a pass... just this once! FU*K THAT!!! Why give her a pass.....the Dumbocrats didn't give Cheney a pass on the F/U comment. They were all over his ass.

Dr. Eagle
07-26-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by 058
FU*K THAT!!! Why give her a pass.....the Dumbocrats didn't give Cheney a pass on the F/U comment. They were all over his ass.
Well for one thing, it was a (leach, blood sucking, scum of the earth) news person. For another, I'd have to say if someone misquoted me all over the news, I'd probably tell them to shove it too.
Dumbocrats didn't give Cheney a pass, but he didn't need one. He said "I probably did say it, and I am not sorry for it" I just love that guy, he's got cahones!

Her454
07-26-2004, 03:35 PM
Well for one thing, it was a (leach, blood sucking, scum of the earth) news person. For another, I'd have to say if someone misquoted me all over the news, I'd probably tell them to shove it too.
She KNEW she would be in the spotlight and the center of controversy when her husband decided to run for office. It could have been handled differently. Publicly telling a reporter to "Shove It" speaks loud and clear of her temperement and social skills when dealing with the public under pressure.
I don't care for her because of previous comments she has made, this just confirms my reasoning. In my opinion JF Kennedy was one of the greatest presidents...with a strong woman to back him. Somehow I dont see Jackie O telling someone to shove it, regardless.
Just my 02.

Dr. Eagle
07-26-2004, 03:45 PM
She KNEW she would be in the spotlight and the center of controversy when her husband decided to run for office. It could have been handled differently. Publicly telling a reporter to "Shove It" speaks loud and clear of her temperement and social skills when dealing with the public under pressure.
I don't care for her because of previous comments she has made, this just confirms my reasoning. In my opinion JF Kennedy was one of the greatest presidents...with a strong woman to back him. Somehow I dont see Jackie O telling someone to shove it, regardless.
Just my 02.
Well, I am not defending her, I can't stand either of them... Senator what side of the issue am I on today and his sugar mama.
Good point about Jackie O... very good point!

HCS
07-26-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by 058
FU*K THAT!!! Why give her a pass.....the Dumbocrats didn't give Cheney a pass on the F/U comment. They were all over his ass.
Look how the whole damn U.S. liberal media. Jumped all over
Arnold Swartznagger for calling Democrats Girlymen.

Dr. Eagle
07-26-2004, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
Look how the whole damn U.S. liberal media. Jumped all over
Arnold Swartznagger for calling Democrats Girlymen.
When it's so obviously true too!!! ;)

HCS
07-26-2004, 03:51 PM
When it's so obviously true too!!! ;)
He was just telling it how it is.:D

Her454
07-26-2004, 03:54 PM
Good point about Jackie O... very good point!
She was a great Lady.:D

eliminatedsprinter
07-26-2004, 04:01 PM
I really don't care much about this type of stuff. I'm not voting for Kerry because of his lousy record as a lawmaker. I'm the first to say that Bush has made some mistakes (stupid education bill, dumb steel bill and a horrible PR staff, etc..) but I'm not about to jump from the pan into the fire.:rolleyes: Kerry has a long senate voting record and in my opinion it stinks. From what I can see, he has done nothing while in public office other than blindly goosestep to the same 100+ year old authoritarian left wing principles that have failed miserably and caused suffering all over the world. That is what matters to me. I really don't much care who cussed out who....

HCS
07-26-2004, 04:07 PM
But he's a war hero!:rolleyes:

eliminatedsprinter
07-26-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
But he's a war hero!:rolleyes:
Great, when her runs for river patrol boat skipper I may vote for him.;) :rolleyes:

JustMVG
07-26-2004, 04:30 PM
Kerry has all of the Ted Kennedy pres. election staff working for him, funny a guy who flip flops and has money behind him, has a staff that used to work for a Kennedy, who did/does the same to this day....

07-26-2004, 05:57 PM
Dumbocrats didn't give Cheney a pass, but he didn't need one. He said "I probably did say it, and I am not sorry for it" I just love that guy, he's got cahones! The newspaper guy didn't mis-quote her. He asked her what she meant when she used "Un-American" in a speech. She replyed that she didn't say anything about Un-American but is is on tape. She lied about the comment and when she was pressed she told the reporter to "Shove it" BTW, the reporter in question was from a conservative newspaper and the Kerrys have had run-ins with this particuar newspaper in the past. Just goes to prove money does not buy class.

HighRoller
07-26-2004, 07:19 PM
Funny how that paper is characterized as "right wing" or conservative. How come we never hear about left wing liberal publications such as Newsweek, the L.A. Times or the New York Times?

Dr. Eagle
07-26-2004, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by 058
The newspaper guy didn't mis-quote her. He asked her what she meant when she used "Un-American" in a speech. She replyed that she didn't say anything about Un-American but is is on tape. She lied about the comment and when she was pressed she told the reporter to "Shove it" BTW, the reporter in question was from a conservative newspaper and the Kerrys have had run-ins with this particuar newspaper in the past. Just goes to prove money does not buy class.
Yeah, they're losers... I've been watching the Democratic suck-fest and I'm on the virge of puking.
I heard that Un-American quote as well on the radio... and honestly she's been getting a pretty softball treatment from the news guys... forgot about the Furor over "Girly Men" before... the FO from Cheney popped into my head at the time. Oh well, she's just a rich witch married to a politician with an identity crisis...

JustMVG
07-26-2004, 08:46 PM
One of the heads of the New York Times was quoted by Brit Hume of Fox News as saying his paper needs to stop being so liberal and whiney, not his words but my paraphrasing, that during the debate over gay marriage, that the paper was "Cheerleading the whole time in favor" when it should have stepped back and thought long and hard about the whole debate before taking one side and presenting that side only.
Now if we could get the LA Times to admit to the same bs then i'll start reading it again.

Her454
07-26-2004, 09:05 PM
I don't usually have much to say when it comes to the political threads as I dont want to put my foot in my mouth. I don't know enough to speak out, but I do think that Bush has done a good job while in office being faced with the situation in the US the last couple of years. He's not the greatest but he has shown strength and compassion when our nation needed it. We elected him and can only hope he leads this country in the right direction and for the most part I think he has done that considering the circumstances. To me, Kerry is like going from the frying pan to the fire, period. Politics are politics and there will NEVER ever be the perfect president in office.
The whole point of this thread is that I am disgusted with the rich, spoiled Ms. Kerry that does not realize the impact her comments and actions play as a potentional "leaders wife". Bush has made his mistakes but he has a proud wife that stands behind him in office that shows class and dignity, which speaks volumes in a quiet way.

07-26-2004, 09:51 PM
Traci, I think you have a pretty good handle on things, don't underestimate yourself. Teeeerizzzza somehow just doesn't come across as being able to represent the poor and the working class....'neither does that dolt she calls her husband.:yuk:

Her454
07-26-2004, 09:56 PM
Thanks Bob and I would have to agree with you. :rolleyes:

Dr. Eagle
07-27-2004, 06:18 AM
Traci,
I agree with you that Bush has done EXTREMELY well under very adverse conditions.
It killed me last night watching the Demorats when Hilly said "we need more active military troops"... WTF? Who reduced the size of a division of troops from 18,000 to 12,000 so it wouldn't look like we were retiring as many divisions as we really were?
Billybob Clinton of course. There were so many more examples... sheesh, Talk about duplicity!

beer hunter
07-27-2004, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by MandMVG
Tape of the incident is being edited to air on Pittsburgh's WTAE-TV, and, according to a media source, ABC NEWS is set to run with it thereafter.
Mike VG
I hope all the networks air her little tirade and it sinks her husband’s campaign. :D

Dr. Eagle
07-27-2004, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by beer hunter
I hope all the networks air her little tirade and it sinks her husband’s campaign. :D
I do too, but he seems to be doing a fairly good job of that as well.

Seadog
07-27-2004, 08:14 AM
First she says un-American and when asked to deine what she meant, she denied several times that she said that. That was about as stupid as it gets. Now her press people are attacking the newspaper as being a right wing rag that is after her because she is a "strong woman like Hilary Clinton" and the paper is wants women to stay in their place.
Typical LIBERAL tactic. If the facts don't support you, then attack everything about the source of the facts. They probably have an army of lawyers and researchers tryig to dig up any dirt about the reporter and his family. I guess it shouldn't be too much of a surprise considering that they are the political arm of the trial lawyers faction and the entertainment sleaze.

07-27-2004, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Seadog
First she says un-American and when asked to deine what she meant, she denied several times that she said that. That was about as stupid as it gets. Now her press people are attacking the newspaper as being a right wing rag that is after her because she is a "strong woman like Hilary Clinton" and the paper is wants women to stay in their place.
Typical LIBERAL tactic. If the facts don't support you, then attack everything about the source of the facts. They probably have an army of lawyers and researchers tryig to dig up any dirt about the reporter and his family. I guess it shouldn't be too much of a surprise considering that they are the political arm of the trial lawyers faction and the entertainment sleaze. Typical Democrat B/S....attack the messenger to avoid confronting the truth. :mad:

eliminatedsprinter
07-27-2004, 08:30 AM
Traci,
I agree with you that Bush has done EXTREMELY well under very adverse conditions.
It killed me last night watching the Demorats when Hilly said "we need more active military troops"... WTF? Who reduced the size of a division of troops from 18,000 to 12,000 so it wouldn't look like we were retiring as many divisions as we really were?
Billybob Clinton of course. There were so many more examples... sheesh, Talk about duplicity!
Her speech only contained one specific positive suggestion (lifting the ban on stem cell research-Duuuuhhh) the rest was nothing but empty polical jibborish and pot shots. The thing that I found most phoney was when she said we should make sure our vets got the care they needed. Right! After her hubby's administration cut services to vets by more than 50%! And she personally stated that Gulf War Syndrome did not exist and their administration cancelled Jessie Browns plans to deal with it in the 90's.....What a phoney!!

Her454
07-27-2004, 09:07 AM
It will be interesting tonight to watch her "Democratically/Dramatically" ;) try and justify her statements and retaliation while "supporting" her husbands campaign.
Such a waste of time. As far as Hillary being a strong woman...I wont even touch that one...............
:D

eliminatedsprinter
07-27-2004, 09:12 AM
It will be interesting tonight to watch her "Democratically/Dramatically" ;) try and justify her statements and retaliation while "supporting" her husbands campaign.
Such a waste of time. As far as Hillary being a strong woman...I wont even touch that one...............
:D
I love strong women. My mother and my Grandmother were both professionals. I don't like Hillary because even though I love strong women, I prefer them to have at least some degree of basic honesty.