PDA

View Full Version : BT / United Beats of Peace Tour

KACHINA KEN
07-26-2004, 11:50 AM
So dunno if you knew but I do concert tours for a living along with corporate tours and shows in the off season, this is a listing of the dates for my next tour coming up, he's called "BT" and it's kinda pop-trance stuff he had a song on KROQ last summer that everyone thought was called 'Simply Being Loved' but it is actually called "Somnambulist" it's good music and there are a few other guys on the bill also, "Dan the Automator" and "Particle".
I am told that these dates may slide around a little but it is good for roughing it in if you plan on coming.
Wed/Aug-18____ San Diego____ 4th and B
Thu/Aug-19____ Los Angeles____ HOB
Fri/Aug-20____ San Francisco____ The Grand
Sat/Aug-21____ Portland, OR____ Crystal Ballroom
Sun/Aug-22____ Seattle, WA____ Premier
Mon/Aug-23____ Off____
Tue/Aug-24____ SLC, Utah____ Bricks
Wed/Aug-25____ Denver, CO____ Fillmore
Thu/Aug-26____ Off____
Fri/Aug-27____ Chicago, IL____ Vic
Sat/Aug-28____ Detroit, MI____ Royal Oak
Sun/Aug-29____ Toronto____ Mod Club
Mon/Aug-30____ Off____
Tue/Aug-31____ Pittsburgh, PA____ Nick's Fat City
Wed/Sep-01____ Philadelphia, PA____ Trocadero
Thu/Sep-02____ Seaside Hights, NJ____ Green Room
Fri/Sep-03____ Worcester, MA____ Palladium
Sat/Sep-04____ New York, NY____ Irving Plaza
Sun/Sep-05____ Washington, DC____ Nation
Mon/Sep-06____ Off____
Tue/Sep-07____ Off - Miami fill date ?____
Wed/Sep-08____ Jacksonville, FL____ Plush
Thu/Sep-09____ Orlando, FL____ House Of Blues
Fri/Sep-10____ Atlanta, GA____ Earthlink Live
Sat/Sep-11____ New Orleans____ Twi Ro Pa
Sun/Sep-12____ Dallas, TX____ Granada
Mon/Sep-13____ Austin, TX____ La Zona Rosa
Tue/Sep-14____ off____
Wed/Sep-15____ Phoenix____ Marquee
Thu/Sep-16____ Anaheim____ House Of Blues

mirvin
07-26-2004, 12:32 PM
Is this Dodie from Soul Coughing, or another BT??
mirvin

KACHINA KEN
07-26-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by mirvin
Is this Dodie from Soul Coughing, or another BT??
mirvin
Dodie only sang on one BT track 'never gonna come back down" off the Movement in still life record. He was never in the band, BT always has an alternating troupe of musicians on each tour, this time out will be the following
RICARD FORTUS- Guns N Roses
New gtr for the gunners formerly of Love Spit Love and Psychedelic Furs and believe it or not Enrique Eglesias
Brain- also new Guns N Roses musician (drums) formerly of Primus. one of the best drummers I have ever seen.
Carlos Vasquez - keys and Mac G5 formerly of Digital Assasins

mirvin
07-26-2004, 01:00 PM
THanks for the info Ken. I was always a little confused about BT cuz I thought it was all Dodie:p
ARe you gonna be at all or some of these shows?? Just curious cuz I'll be opening for X at the Belly Up on the 21st if you're still in SD, or if you ever were.....
4th and B is a great venue. I did a show there last year for the ASR Convention......great time.
mirvin

KACHINA KEN
07-26-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by mirvin
THanks for the info Ken. I was always a little confused about BT cuz I thought it was all Dodie:p
ARe you gonna be at all or some of these shows?? Just curious cuz I'll be opening for X at the Belly Up on the 21st if you're still in SD, or if you ever were.....
4th and B is a great venue. I did a show there last year for the ASR Convention......great time.
mirvin
Yup, I gotta be there, I am the Lighting Director. But if I had my way I would operate VIA the internet somehow. Being on the road is kinda no fun anymore, rather hang out at the lake or at the house with my dog. Does this mean I'm getting old?

Bense468
07-26-2004, 01:29 PM
So that leaves a simple question. When are we going to the river.

KACHINA KEN
07-26-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Bense468
So that leaves a simple question. When are we going to the river.
Shit man, I think I'm done til sept 18th, I am not on vacation anymore so I gotta get everything ready for this tour, I dunno maybe I can sneek one in later?

Phat Matt
07-26-2004, 02:45 PM
BT makes some good tracks. Do you know what ever happened when he had his stuff stolen a couple years back. I wonder if he ever got any of his stuff back? I DJ also and if someone stole my crates I would be pissed! It's too hard to replace that stuff or even remember what was in them.
BTW Ken, I heard you ran into a friend of mine in Havasu last week. His name is Steve.

KACHINA KEN
07-26-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Phat Matt
BT makes some good tracks. Do you know what ever happened when he had his stuff stolen a couple years back. I wonder if he ever got any of his stuff back? I DJ also and if someone stole my crates I would be pissed! It's too hard to replace that stuff or even remember what was in them.
BTW Ken, I heard you ran into a friend of mine in Havasu last week. His name is Steve.
Hey Matt,
Yeah BT isn't the most worldly of people and he tends to trust people to much sometimes, I think you are talking about the incident in Watts in 01'? He was selling a yamaha O2R mixer and he took it to Watts for christ sake! needless to say he got his ass rolled by some homey's and he and his friend got away alive, BT suffered a shattered ankle in the whole ordeal from hopping a fence that had a 9 foot drop off on the other side (see white men can't jump). The other time he was ripped off was last year, it was shortly after he had a party and so you know the rest of the story. Oh yeah and someone stole his G4 laptop from the Billboard club after the record release party last year. Half this shit is avoidable with a lil prevention IMHO.
Yeah Steve is real cool, great kids too.
Kenny

Phat Matt
07-26-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by KACHINA KEN
Hey Matt,
Yeah BT isn't the most worldly of people and he tends to trust people to much sometimes, I think you are talking about the incident in Watts in 01'? He was selling a yamaha O2R mixer and he took it to Watts for christ sake! needless to say he got his ass rolled by some homey's and he and his friend got away alive, BT suffered a shattered ankle in the whole ordeal from hopping a fence that had a 9 foot drop off on the other side (see white men can't jump). The other time he was ripped off was last year, it was shortly after he had a party and so you know the rest of the story. Oh yeah and someone stole his G4 laptop from the Billboard club after the record release party last year. Half this shit is avoidable with a lil prevention IMHO.
Yeah Steve is real cool, great kids too.
Kenny
I don't even like checking my records in at the airport. Those are carry on items!
Hey BT, can I borrow your car? I'll be right back. ;)

Boozer
07-26-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by KACHINA KEN
So dunno if you knew but I do concert tours for a living along with corporate tours and shows in the off season, this is a listing of the dates for my next tour coming up, he's called "BT" and it's kinda pop-trance stuff he had a song on KROQ last summer that everyone thought was called 'Simply Being Loved' but it is actually called "Somnambulist" it's good music and there are a few other guys on the bill also, "Dan the Automator" and "Particle".
I am told that these dates may slide around a little but it is good for roughing it in if you plan on coming.
Wed/Aug-18____ San Diego____ 4th and B
Thu/Aug-19____ Los Angeles____ HOB
Fri/Aug-20____ San Francisco____ The Grand
Sat/Aug-21____ Portland, OR____ Crystal Ballroom
Sun/Aug-22____ Seattle, WA____ Premier
Mon/Aug-23____ Off____
Tue/Aug-24____ SLC, Utah____ Bricks
Wed/Aug-25____ Denver, CO____ Fillmore
Thu/Aug-26____ Off____
Fri/Aug-27____ Chicago, IL____ Vic
Sat/Aug-28____ Detroit, MI____ Royal Oak
Sun/Aug-29____ Toronto____ Mod Club
Mon/Aug-30____ Off____
Tue/Aug-31____ Pittsburgh, PA____ Nick's Fat City
Wed/Sep-01____ Philadelphia, PA____ Trocadero
Thu/Sep-02____ Seaside Hights, NJ____ Green Room
Fri/Sep-03____ Worcester, MA____ Palladium
Sat/Sep-04____ New York, NY____ Irving Plaza
Sun/Sep-05____ Washington, DC____ Nation
Mon/Sep-06____ Off____
Tue/Sep-07____ Off - Miami fill date ?____
Wed/Sep-08____ Jacksonville, FL____ Plush
Thu/Sep-09____ Orlando, FL____ House Of Blues
Fri/Sep-10____ Atlanta, GA____ Earthlink Live
Sat/Sep-11____ New Orleans____ Twi Ro Pa
Sun/Sep-12____ Dallas, TX____ Granada
Mon/Sep-13____ Austin, TX____ La Zona Rosa
Tue/Sep-14____ off____
Wed/Sep-15____ Phoenix____ Marquee
Thu/Sep-16____ Anaheim____ House Of Blues
Damn. That's a tight schedule. 1 month with no days off. Wowza! Hopefully the after parties make up for all the work!

KACHINA KEN
07-26-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Boozer
Damn. That's a tight schedule. 1 month with no days off. Wowza! Hopefully the after parties make up for all the work!
Yeah, the management is the same for BT and the Crystal Method, they work the shit out of us!