PDA

View Full Version : serious questions about the set up for the F-29

Bear 54
07-26-2004, 04:19 PM
In a couple of weeks the mach 26 will be going back to Cali and a new f-29 will be comming to New York. In order to have the sickest boat in the east I need some serious and important questions to be answered. I need to know what is the better way to go abouts powering and the overall set up for the f-29. Would it be better to go with a big 1000 inboard engine or 2 300 outboards? What is the top speed and horsepower for these two engines, which one will last longer, and which one can be worked on to get the max power out of? Also can you get a lighter set up for these two choices so the boat will be lighter? Another thing is what is the best and most durable drive and steering system for the inboard and the outboards? I hope I made myself clear and any info about these questions and other ideas and sugestions for you guys would be greatly appreciated. We are trying to keep the price around the 150,000 to 175,000 range.....thanks

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-26-2004, 04:24 PM
who's F-29 are you getting for that price.. and can you stay under that? just currious.. it seems a little low in price.. great deal for you though.;)

unleashed
07-26-2004, 04:26 PM
UMMMMMM, where are you getting that price??
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

HCS
07-26-2004, 04:26 PM
That's more money than my house!:eek:

Big_Gunz_
07-26-2004, 04:34 PM
I think I have that much right here, let me count, opps drop a penny, I getting there....

XtrmWakeborder
07-26-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
who's F-29 are you getting for that price.. and can you stay under that? just currious.. it seems a little low in price.. great deal for you though.;)
Maybe 175k ontop of his trade in?

Jrocket
07-26-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by XtrmWakeborder
Maybe 175k ontop of his trade in?
Could be,sounds more like it.If the trade in is paid off that is.

Bear 54
07-26-2004, 04:46 PM
Mrs Flyin Vee we are just looking for the best set up for that price range. The prices are not set in stone. We are trading in the mach 26 for a new f-29. We are trying to get the most and best engine and set up within or near that price range so we have a 120 mph boat every time we turn the key with no mechanical problems or break downs. Any input would be a huge help. Thanks

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-26-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Bear 54
Mrs Flyin Vee we are just looking for the best set up for that price range. The prices are not set in stone. We are trading in the mach 26 for a new f-29. We are trying to get the most and best engine and set up within or near that price range so we have a 120 mph boat every time we turn the key with no mechanical problems or break downs. Any input would be a huge help. Thanks
I see.. well we have like I said in Cats and tunnels..
575's mercs. and they are estimated at 127.. I believe if that helps then I did my deed.. ;) :Dwe have an open bow so I think it was 130 -132 closed bow.. ;)

Jrocket
07-26-2004, 04:56 PM
That would be Daves boat that is for sale right now or Charleys old boat would of been a good catch also.
Put up some pics of the 26 thats getting traded in.What motor setup?How about some details on it.

Jbb
07-26-2004, 04:59 PM
Sickest boat on the East Coast.....Hmmmm...;)

Bear 54
07-26-2004, 05:06 PM
jrocket the 26 that is getting traded in is the one on the dcb website with the the blue and yellow checkered graphics. Also the boat is in mint cond. looks better now then when it got here 3 years ago
Daves boat is awesome but has alot of extras that we dont need like the trailer and the expensive sound system. Thats why we are starting from scratch biulding one that is functional and in the right price range for us.

unleashed
07-26-2004, 05:07 PM
I think he means sickest 29 on the East Coast. I still say Daves boat is by far the top lake boat out there and its functional unlike some of those ocean going cats with now cabin!
Deano

Havasu Hangin'
07-26-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by SEADOO BRIAN
The Sea Doo?

KACHINA KEN
07-26-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by JETBOAT BRIAN
Yeah I was thinking the same thing, no disrespect to DCB but come on, can you say OUTERLIMITS?????
Kenny

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-26-2004, 05:13 PM
jrocket the 26 that is getting traded in is the one on the dcb website with the the blue and yellow checkered graphics. Also the boat is in mint cond. looks better now then when it got here 3 years ago
Daves boat is awesome but has alot of extras that we dont need like the trailer and the expensive sound system. Thats why we are starting from scratch biulding one that is functional and in the right price range for us.
they'll build it to your needs.. you don't have to get the extras.. thats why they are called options.. LOL!!
good luck to ya.;)

Jrocket
07-26-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by KACHINA KEN
Yeah I was thinking the same thing, no disrespect to DCB but come on, can you say OUTERLIMITS?????
Kenny
I can say alot but outerlimits doesnt come to mind..LOL Skater rings a bell.:D

KACHINA KEN
07-26-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Jrocket
I can say alot but outerlimits doesnt come to mind..LOL Skater rings a bell.:D
DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING!
We have a winner!

unleashed
07-26-2004, 05:25 PM
This is the sickest I've seen in awhile but ofcourse you could buy 3 DCB's for the price of this one!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/819MB_SKATER_0319-med.JPG
Deano

MRS FLYIN VEE
07-26-2004, 05:28 PM
that boat is awesome.. ;)

Jbb
07-26-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
The Sea Doo?
The Sea Doo is a sick Mo fo.....:D
Check your mail....:cool: