PDA

View Full Version : Possible ***boat Virus!!!

H20Advantage
07-27-2004, 06:31 AM
Just received an email from ***boat webmaster with the following
Subject: Re: excuse me
read it immediately!
Attachment: regid.zip (34 KB) [ Download ]
Don't open the attachment. It is a virus.
:mad:

beer hunter
07-27-2004, 06:53 AM
Could this be another attack on HB by Osama Bin ladin or maybe it's just River Pirate have some fun? ;)
Thanks for the warning H20Advantage :)

Essex502
07-27-2004, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by H20Advantage
Just received an email from ***boat webmaster with the following
Subject: Re: excuse me
read it immediately!
Attachment: regid.zip (34 KB) [ Download ]
Don't open the attachment. It is a virus.
:mad:
Thanks for the warning! I regularly DON'T open ANY attachments unless: 1) I know the person it is from and 2) I am expecting an email with an attachment.

H20Advantage
07-27-2004, 07:09 AM
I'm on a secure network with multiple firewalls and virus checks, which is the only reason I clicked on the attachment. The virus flag immediately came up on this attachment which I have since deleted.

Big_Gunz_
07-27-2004, 07:12 AM
Thanks for infor, will keep an eye for it. Hopefully my virus scan and firewall will pick it up first.

572Daytona
07-27-2004, 07:14 AM
As is the case for most of these viruses the from email address is being spoofed, so it probably didn't come from ***boat.com

Essex502
07-27-2004, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by H20Advantage
I'm on a secure network with multiple firewalls and virus checks, which is the only reason I clicked on the attachment. The virus flag immediately came up on this attachment which I have since deleted.
Yeah...me too, but with the state of the hackers these days and the rapid evolution of worms and viruses, the virus checking software can be behind and not catch a new variant of malicious code. Be safe....know the sender!

Dr. Eagle
07-27-2004, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by beer hunter
Could this be another attack on HB by Osama Bin ladin or maybe it's just River Pirate have some fun? ;)
Thanks for the warning H20Advantage :)
You mean Lake Pirate?

beer hunter
07-27-2004, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
You mean Lake Pirate?
Yes, oops, my bad :eek: I'm sure he's got nothing to do with it but I'm just stirrin' the sh!t. :D