PDA

View Full Version : DEM CONVENTION : an observation

carbonmarine
07-27-2004, 09:31 AM
Have you guys ever seen a more funny grouping of indiviludals
in your life ???
The DNC has been highjacked by all the hippie chick, whacko, freeloaders .... Gone are the level headed folks, family folks and Proffessional White Collar, Blue Collar and just the Mainstream folks of Main Street USA.... The most respectable person in the convention hall was Bill Clinton himself....and thats fugg'in funny !
Directly afterward for commentary you had deep thinkers and scholars such as Ben Affleck, Meryl Streep, Micheal Moore and
the rest of the Hollywood crowd that doesnt really buy The Kerry Ideal in total. For that matter, niether does Kerry, but these guys wish for 3 more steps directly to the left....
It's going to be funny when the Bush Campaign hits full steam right after the Convention. That is when its customary for the
other party's campainge to kick into gear.....
Cant wait til the GOP gets their message out and straightens
out all this misinformation ....
Rick32
:cool:

v-drive
07-27-2004, 09:34 AM
Could not agree more.Did anyone hear Hillary?. Some of the things she said were taken right from the the movie American President. My wife and I were cracking up.....v-drive

RiverOtter
07-27-2004, 09:36 AM
I the clean shaven Hippy Chicks :D

Sleek-Jet
07-27-2004, 09:36 AM
Micheal Moore has done the seamingly impossible... he has made Oliver Stone appear rational. :D

mirvin
07-27-2004, 09:40 AM
I love the way they're crying about the rest of the world's "opinion" of us. Like it's a popularity contest and they have to fix the damage that has been done by Bush's "arrogance and bullying"!!!:confused:
All the Republicans need to say is this "If Clinton would have don HIS JOB then Bush's would have to be doing it for him:;)
Another note: I'm in L.A. , all over LA every day. I'm not seeing a whole lot of support for the Kerry ticket out there. A bumper sticker every once in a while. In fact, I'm seeng more anti-Bush stuff then pro-Kerry stuff.
mirvin:p

v-drive
07-27-2004, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by mirvin
I love the way they're crying about the rest of the world's "opinion" of us. Like it's a popularity contest and they have to fix the damage that has been done by Bush's "arrogance and bullying"!!!:confused:
All the Republicans need to say is this "If Clinton would have don HIS JOB then Bush's would have to be doing it for him:;)
Another note: I'm in L.A. , all over LA every day. I'm not seeing a whole lot of support for the Kerry ticket out there. A bumper sticker every once in a while. In fact, I'm seeng more anti-Bush stuff then pro-Kerry stuff.
mirvin:p
Come to think of it I have been seeing alot more Bush/Chaney stickers. I am not one to put stickers on my cars but I will put a poster in my front yard.......v-drive

Havasu Cig
07-27-2004, 09:48 AM
I can't bring myself to watch coverage of the convention, the left wing idiots just piss me off to much.
My neighbor is renting his guest house to some extreme left wing idiots right now, and these people have such a warped view on the world it is incredible. I blast Savage on the radio loud enough so the can hear it.
:D

carbonmarine
07-27-2004, 09:50 AM
I LOVE THE SAVAGE NATION ! :D

eliminatedsprinter
07-27-2004, 09:52 AM
I too am looking foward to seeing the Dem's blatent misinformation cleared up, but I'm not optimistic that it will be, for 2 reasons.
1. The major networks where most non political junkies get their news is pro Kerry and willing to keep spreading it.
2. The Repubilicians really are somewhat out of touch and they really suck at PR....

Havasu Cig
07-27-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by carbonmarine
Amen!!:D

Dr. Eagle
07-27-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Havasu Cig
I can't bring myself to watch coverage of the convention, the left wing idiots just piss me off to much.
My neighbor is renting his guest house to some extreme left wing idiots right now, and these people have such a warped view on the world it is incredible. I blast Savage on the radio loud enough so the can hear it.
:D
They piss me off too. But it is pretty entertaining. So are the neighbors renters red diaper doper babys?

HCS
07-27-2004, 10:01 AM
Jimmy Carter made me laugh. That guy needs to be in a
retirement home.

Havasu Cig
07-27-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
They piss me off too. But it is pretty entertaining. So are the neighbors renters red diaper doper babys?
Oh yeah, at Halloween they set up tombstones in their front yard with Cheney's name, Bush's name, "Corporate Greed" ect...
They have Kerry stickers on all their vehicles as well. I feel sorry for their kids.:D

Dr. Eagle
07-27-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
Jimmy Carter made me laugh. That guy needs to be in a
retirement home.
He was definitely the WORST president of the latter half of the 20th Century... I could not wait for him to be voted out...
He is a real piece of work these days. Supervising elections in other countries, all kinds of other stuff... and bashing Bush as a side job.
:rolleyes:

Dr. Eagle
07-27-2004, 10:05 AM
Oh yeah, at Halloween they set up tombstones in their front yard with Cheney's name, Bush's name, "Corporate Greed" ect...
They have Kerry stickers on all their vehicles as well. I feel sorry for their kids.:D
Geeeze what a bunch of WHACKOS.....:rolleyes:

HCS
07-27-2004, 10:10 AM
He was definitely the WORST president of the latter half of the 20th Century... I could not wait for him to be voted out...
He is a real piece of work these days. Supervising elections in other countries, all kinds of other stuff... and bashing Bush as a side job.
I was suprised they were dumb enough to invite him to speak.
The guy created the worst ecomomy in the history of the U.S.
25 percent interest rates.:eek:
I would have kept him in the closet.
Well maybe I'm not suprised.:rolleyes:

Havasu Cig
07-27-2004, 10:11 AM
Geeeze what a bunch of WHACKOS.....:rolleyes:
Yes they are...
They are in there early 50's and the guy is a part time school teacher and the wife does not work. They can't afford to buy a house and They were being evicted from a place up the road. My neighbor felt sorry for them because his kid is friends with their's and offered them the house. I talked to him the other day and he can't stand them but does not have the heart to tell them to leave.
Well back to the original thread, sorry for the highjacking.:D :cool:

Havasu Cig
07-27-2004, 10:12 AM
I was a kid when Carter was president, but I remember being so pissed off during the Iran Hostage incident. When Reagan was voted in he brought pride back to the country.

mirvin
07-27-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by v-drive
Come to think of it I have been seeing alot more Bush/Chaney stickers. I am not one to put stickers on my cars but I will put a poster in my front yard.......v-drive
Well you are in OC/ SOuth County;)
I'm talking about Hippie Central - West LA, Santa Monica, Hollywood, etc. Not a big "GO-Kerry" movement happening......
mirvin;)

mirvin
07-27-2004, 10:18 AM
I was a kid when Carter was president, but I remember being so pissed off during the Iran Hostage incident. When Reagan was voted in he brought pride back to the country.
And then his son crapped all over that pride....Do you think little ron would be speaking at the DNC if the Gip was aware of it?
mirvin

Havasu Cig
07-27-2004, 10:19 AM
I used to have to go to Santa Monica four days a week and the place is a different world compared to San Diego. Everyone is liberal as hell, and they all think they are actors.

Havasu Cig
07-27-2004, 10:21 AM
And then his son crapped all over that pride....Do you think little ron would be speaking at the DNC if the Gip was aware of it?
mirvin
His biological kids that are still alive are whacked.

Dr. Eagle
07-27-2004, 10:21 AM
He was a totally ineffective president because he felt he had to make every decision about everything. So nothing got done. No delegation whatsoever.

HCS
07-27-2004, 10:22 AM
The first time I was able to vote I registered Democrat and voted
for Carter. Like most the country.
After he screwed everything up I jump ship change to Republican
and voted for Reagan.
Like most of the country.
Iv'e never looked back.

eliminatedsprinter
07-27-2004, 10:27 AM
He was a totally ineffective president because he felt he had to make every decision about everything. So nothing got done. No delegation whatsoever.
He also did some stuff that was just plain stupid.
Ie, Giving away the Panama Canal, letting Castro empty Cuba's prisons into Florida, and the olympic boycott.

OGShocker
07-27-2004, 10:30 AM
You right-wing whackos are all the same!
and I love it!:D
Carter was WACKED lastnight. I thought Former Impeached President Clinton did his job. Hillary was less then effective. I can't wait for Teresa Heinz to wig the F**K out in front of all 35 viewers!
My.02

BowTie Rick
07-27-2004, 10:31 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/164secagroup.jpg

HCS
07-27-2004, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by eliminatedsprinter
He also did some stuff that was just plain stupid.
Ie, Giving away the Panama Canal, letting Castro empty Cuba's prisons into Florida, and the olympic boycott.
I think he eat too many peanuts. He was a nut.

Havasu Cig
07-27-2004, 10:33 AM
did you hear her comments yesterday? She was speaking about modern politics and said they were "Un-American". After she was finished a reporter asked her what she meant, and she denied saying it. She then told the reporter to "shove it". Real nice for a possible first lady.:rolleyes:

carbonmarine
07-27-2004, 10:43 AM
the great thing is is she's a Republican ! .... If Kerry doesnt take The White House - He'll be divorsed with a year and half. Shes not at all happy about any of this chit and it shows clear as water !!!
Rick32
LOOKIE HERE : http://www.drudgereport.com/dnc2.htm

ROZ
07-27-2004, 10:45 AM
They have Kerry stickers on all their vehicles as well. I feel sorry for their kids.:D Maybe they'll anti up like the rest of north county's kids and join the young republicans :D
I have my daughter saying, "look daddy, another stinky blue sticker" :D

mirvin
07-27-2004, 10:51 AM
Funny story for you guys: A few weeks ago I got a call from the Rep Party asking if I would do my part to help Bush in the ucoming election, which really meant would I make a donation.... I proceeded to give the guy an earfull about how the REpublican Party has abandoned California even while OWNING Wash DC and that California Republicans were so frustrated that they feel it pointless to even vote!!
The guy was dumbfounded. I wonder if any of it made it up the ladder.....
mirvin

carbonmarine
07-27-2004, 10:55 AM
did ya give ? that what I wanna know........

ROZ
07-27-2004, 11:02 AM
I proceeded to give the guy an earfull about how the REpublican Party has abandoned California even while OWNING Wash DC and that California Republicans were so frustrated that they feel it pointless to even vote!!
You must listen to John and Ken.... :D

MagicMtnDan
07-27-2004, 11:02 AM
Jimmy Carter was a disgraceful President and now he's a disgraceful former President.
And Teresa Heinz Kerry is a political w hore.
* She's not from this country (no big deal I suppose but not my idea of who I want as First Lady).
* She married Senator Heinz who was a REPUBLICAN.
* He died in a plane crash and she inherited over $500 million.
* She married Senator Kerry who is a DEMOCRAT.
Kerry is now way wealthier than before, married to a furriner (foreigner), who has no grasp of who real Americans are. And he's running on a platform that includes raising our taxes. Do you think he has ANY IDEA what it's like to pay more taxes and bring less home while he's spending our tax dollars on people who don't WANT to work and therefore don't have health care?!

MagicMtnDan
07-27-2004, 11:07 AM
More about the Ketchup lady's sauce:
http://slate.msn.com/id/2091886
http://slate.msn.com/id/2092399

Dr. Eagle
07-27-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
while he's spending our tax dollars on people who don't WANT to work and therefore don't have health care?!
And as Hillary said last night "As all of you know, I know a thing or two about health care"... I couldn't believe that line!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

mirvin
07-27-2004, 11:08 AM
did ya give ? that what I wanna know........
Oh yeah, to top it off I told him I was out of work because my job had been given to an illegal alien!!!!:D
;)

MagicMtnDan
07-27-2004, 11:24 AM
The attention starts early in the morning, as curious delegates eye the familiar-looking man with the wavy hair and winning smile conducting back-to-back interviews.
Jerry Springer, politician-turned-king of trash TV, is relishing his role as a delegate to the Democratic convention and potential candidate for Ohio governor in 2006.
“This is what I do,” said Springer, who was named Ohio Democrat of the Year in May. “I spend six hours a week on the show, this is what I really do in life. People are understanding there’s a political part of me.”
In the first couple of days of the convention — his ninth since 1972 — Springer appeared to be everywhere at once and always a center of attention. After a short morning speech Tuesday to Ohio’s delegation, he was off to tape NBC’s “Today” show. Hotel fliers advertised a Tuesday night appearance at Boston’s Foggy Goggle pub.
Springer is “a true Democrat,” said convention delegate Jodie Ditmer of Laura, Ohio.
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/040727/040727_jerry_springer_hmed.hmedium.jpg

Dr. Eagle
07-27-2004, 11:35 AM
Now there's a classy Democrat.....:rolleyes:

eliminatedsprinter
07-27-2004, 11:51 AM
One more step twards the Dem's goal of creating a classless society. Remeber J Springer was mayor of Cinci until he tried to pay a hooker with a bad check.:D Classless, famous, and stupid, the perfect democratic party activist.:rolleyes: ;)

Dr. Eagle
07-27-2004, 12:05 PM
Classless, famous, and stupid, the perfect democratic party activist.:rolleyes: ;)
Well said... :D

cigarette1
07-27-2004, 12:07 PM
Let me see if this works :confused:
I was in Havasu last weekend ... took a boat ride on a very nice Skater. I wish I had my boat out there. Do you like boats?
G

Sleek-Jet
07-27-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by cigarette1
I was in Havasu last weekend ... took a boat ride on a very nice Skater. I wish I had my boat out there. Do you like boats?
G
I'm sorry this is a pollitical thread... you will need to post somewhere else. :D :rolleyes:

eliminatedsprinter
07-27-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by cigarette1
G
Mine is seperating me from my money as fast as John Kerry would and it's broken again, so no, I hate them!;)

JustMVG
07-27-2004, 12:37 PM
Roz John and Ken have got to be the best thing for the afternoon drive, i just cannot stand all the freakin commercials, i don't care about a cats diet or car freakin insurance, gimme the news the traffic and back to J and K
Now Ron Jr. has said he was going to speak at the DNC not as a supporter of the Dems, but just about Stem Cell Research, which would have an impact on looking for a cure for Alzheimers, i am hoping that the RNC invites him as well so that his messagea can come to more folks. Now Patti Davis is another story, as old as she is she still seems to have not "Found " herself, too bad a life wasted not knowing what you really want or having a clue as to who you are or want to be.. Mike VG

OGShocker
07-27-2004, 12:54 PM
This is DEAD ON!!! (http://www.anncoulter.org/) Read and enjoy.

Dave C
07-27-2004, 01:50 PM
TURN IT UP AND RIP THE KNOB OFF!:D

Dr. Eagle
07-27-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by OGShocker
This is DEAD ON!!! (http://www.anncoulter.org/) Read and enjoy.
While I think Ann Coulter can be a little (sometimes a lot) over the top, I like to read her stuff. The article was spot on... and besides she's not hard on the eyes...:D

Havasu Cig
07-27-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by ROZ
Maybe they'll anti up like the rest of north county's kids and join the young republicans :D
I have my daughter saying, "look daddy, another stinky blue sticker" :D
That's funny...
BTW thanks for the hookup on the speakers, I owe you one.

JustMVG
07-27-2004, 03:56 PM
Coulter was hired by USA Today to comment on the convention, and that was her first article, and it was too much so they pulled it, glad OG was able to get it posted, she has her own radio show i catch while taking the girls to school shes great.

Pesky Varmint
07-27-2004, 04:04 PM
I remember Jimmy Carter:
The man who was president when we attempted to raid
Iran to free our hostages. We lost 8 men and never even
met the enemy.
What kind of world do we live in where a person like
Jimmy Carter wins the Nobel Peace prize, when the
most significant accomplishment in furthering peace
was ending the cold war, which Ronald Reagan did.
Of course I've always said that if Al Gore were president
he would have won the Nobel peace prize after 9/11.
There would be negotiations going on, even now, to decide
the shape of the negotiating table so that we could sit
down with the terrorists, formally apologize, and find out
what we need to do to keep from pissing them off.
F*cking dem libs make me sick.
Pesky Varmint

HCS
07-27-2004, 04:10 PM
You know, you wouldn't be posting on here if it wasn't for Al Gore.
He invented the internet remember.

eliminatedsprinter
07-27-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Pesky Varmint
I remember Jimmy Carter:
The man who was president when we attempted to raid
Iran to free our hostages. We lost 8 men and never even
met the enemy.
What kind of world do we live in where a person like
Jimmy Carter wins the Nobel Peace prize, when the
most significant accomplishment in furthering peace
was ending the cold war, which Ronald Reagan did.
Of course I've always said that if Al Gore were president
he would have won the Nobel peace prize after 9/11.
There would be negotiations going on, even now, to decide
the shape of the negotiating table so that we could sit
down with the terrorists, formally apologize, and find out
what we need to do to keep from pissing them off.
F*cking dem libs make me sick.
Pesky Varmint
Al Gore would have launched a few missles and would still be begging the Taliban to hand over Osama to the world court.

Dr. Eagle
07-27-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
He invented the internet remember.
You're right, I'd forgotten how much we owed Algore...

Dr. Eagle
07-27-2004, 05:36 PM
Just watched Howierd Dean almost put the audience to sleep. I saw the crawl at the bottom of the screen say John Kerry was going to cross Boston Harbor on a small boat with a few of his former service mates to make a dramatic entrance to the convention... that should be entertaining...

572Daytona
07-27-2004, 05:53 PM
There's some guy talking right now pretending to be from a working class background but he's got a law degree from Harvard. My wife and I both work and are in the highest tax bracket and there is no way in hell that I could afford to send either of my kids to Harvard. What a crock.

eliminatedsprinter
07-28-2004, 10:30 AM
I'll tell you what, this guy Barack Ubama (sp?) Is one hell of a great public speaker. He sounded more rebublican than Bush and he made that Grey Davis like John Kerry sound like Teddy Roosevelt. Plus, he gave one hell of a well delivered conservative speech to a left wing crowed and had them swooning. Had Larry Elder tried to give the same speech (minus the false praise for Kerry) he would have been booed out of the building. This guy spoke better than Clinton.
On the other hand Kerry's wife gave one of the Dorkiest speeches I have ever heard. What a goof. She actually said that if Kerry was elected he would "reverse global warming". How dumb is that???

Dr. Eagle
07-28-2004, 10:34 AM
"reverse global warming". How dumb is that???
Pretty dumb... and pretty arrogant to actually say that we can affect nature that much. If the globe is getting warmer, I think it has more to do with natural cycles than motor cycles... arr arr..

eliminatedsprinter
07-28-2004, 03:20 PM
Pretty dumb... and pretty arrogant to actually say that we can affect nature that much. If the globe is getting warmer, I think it has more to do with natural cycles than motor cycles... arr arr..
Exactly. The Global warming "debate" is about whether it is happening too fast and or (more accuuratly) is man causing it to happen too fast? I have never before heard an educated person suggest that it could or should be reversed. That stement shows her complete and total igorance of the issue.