PDA

View Full Version : Masonry & Concrete Contractors?

rivercrazy
07-27-2004, 10:31 AM
Anyone know any that do work in the 805 area code (Simi Valley). I looking at having a 80 foot retaining / garden wall and a concrete pad poured in a residential project.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
07-27-2004, 10:36 AM
Jason's dad is a mason contractor. He mainly works in the Easter Sierras (Bishop, Mammoth, June) but might make a trip south. I will have Jason call him.
:D

plaster dave
07-27-2004, 10:39 AM
call anthony at boston brick and stone he can help you out. tell him dave petty told you to call him. 626-757-7930

MudPumper
07-27-2004, 10:42 AM
Rivercrazy, call Sergio from Godines Concrete at 818-400-0186. He speaks english but has a heavy accent. Tell him Mike from K2 Concrete Pumping referred you. He does really good work in a timely fashion at a competetive price. I don't think you will find anybody to beat him. I've been doing all his pumping for about 3 yrs now. PM me if you need any more info, I can hook it up for you.
Mike

al cole'holic
07-27-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by rivercrazy
Anyone know any that do work in the 805 area code (Simi Valley). I looking at having a 80 foot retaining / garden wall and a concrete pad poured in a residential project.
..hey, let's keep it to our forum bro's rivercrazy and get ahold of tcook33! He's got one of the largest commercial/residential contracting outfits in the 805. He did a large project for us in the Knolls on a brand new house, where he did the foundation and the framing on..he is top notch and his attention to quality and detailed work is unmatched in my opinion. :D
Cook Contractors Inc.

mbrown2
07-27-2004, 10:57 AM
I second the vote for Tcook33...plus he needs to make some money so he can eventually get a cat...
BTW...I did not know you were in Simi Rivercrazy...small world..

tcook33
07-27-2004, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the plugs guys.:D
Rivercrazy, I primarily do structural stuff. I really dont mess with flatwork much. However, I do know of a really good mason contractor who does high end work but is still reasonbly priced from Simi who could probably help you out. PM me if you want his info.

al cole'holic
07-27-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by mbrown2
I second the vote for Tcook33...plus he needs to make some money so he can eventually get a cat...
BTW...I did not know you were in Simi Rivercrazy...small world..
...that's one thing he doesn't need to get a cat, what he does need is to not buy Nordic's then ride on DCB's :D

tcook33
07-27-2004, 11:11 AM
BTW...I did not know you were in Simi Rivercrazy...small world.. [/B]
No, I need to sell my V dammit!!!!:mad: Anyone.......
Link called me this morning. Ima go check your ride out today. Sounds pretty sick yo.

tcook33
07-27-2004, 11:13 AM
As long as we learn from our mistakes, right?. It was a costly one, but I learned.

tcook33
07-27-2004, 11:14 AM
Woops, sorry mbrown. Wrong qoute above. Im sure you figured it out though.

al cole'holic
07-27-2004, 11:15 AM
Your truck down at Link's mbrown??

OC-PARTYCAT
07-27-2004, 11:40 AM
tcook33, I might have some work for you. Im starting the Simi Valley Hospital in a about a month and about 4 structural decks at CSU channel islands. Im a concrete guy but have alot of subtiers due to the work load. Are you Union?

tcook33
07-27-2004, 11:52 AM
No, non-union. We do mostly high end custom residential (small additions up to 25,000 sf new) and small commercial (restaurants, banks, shopping centers, strip malls, etc...). Sounds like your union? Whats the name of your company?

rivercrazy
07-27-2004, 12:11 PM
Wow! Thanks for all the great referrals everyone. I really appreciate them.
Were moving there in a few weeks. I'll PM a few of you for contact info.
What were planning on building is an extension to an already standing Garden/Retaining wall. About 80 feet long and 20-22" high and a concrete pad of about 9' X19' or so.
You live out there MBrown? Where about? Were moving to the far eastern side on the north side of the freeway

al cole'holic
07-27-2004, 12:31 PM
Wow! Thanks for all the great referrals everyone. I really appreciate them.
Were moving there in a few weeks. I'll PM a few of you for contact info.
What were planning on building is an extension to an already standing Garden/Retaining wall. About 80 feet long and 20-22" high and a concrete pad of about 9' X19' or so.
You live out there MBrown? Where about? Were moving to the far eastern side on the north side of the freeway
..where abouts?? I'm off Kuehner...:D

OC-PARTYCAT
07-27-2004, 12:42 PM
Champion Concrete, Inc.

rivercrazy
07-27-2004, 12:44 PM
Yosemite off the north side of the 118:D

OC-PARTYCAT
07-27-2004, 12:49 PM
rivercrazy, I have a few guys that live up in your area and do side jobs. Im sure I can hook you up with some good guys for cheep. They'll probably be using my lumber and accounts for everything anyway.
:mad:
email your # to dean@championconcrete.net and Ill pass the info on to one of my best guys.

mbrown2
07-27-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by al cole'holic
Your truck down at Link's mbrown??
Yup....spending money like a drunken sailor on the dam :( :D ...gotta hear the music as I launch and wipe the boat down right??:D

al cole'holic
07-27-2004, 12:52 PM
Yosemite off the north side of the 118:D
..that's what I was gonna say, by the Jew cemetary...

al cole'holic
07-27-2004, 12:53 PM
Yup....spending money like a drunken sailor on the dam :( :D ...gotta hear the music as I launch and wipe the boat down right??:D
..not really.

al cole'holic
07-27-2004, 12:54 PM
How much did Dean get you for?

dicudmore
07-27-2004, 12:55 PM
Tapo and Alamo here (for another 30 days)

mbrown2
07-27-2004, 12:56 PM
Rivercrazy, sounds like you are moving into a nice area north on Yosemite...most of those tracks are really nice...I am in the middle in the southern hills off of Sequoia.....Good luck with the move, and once you are in town, all of us ***boaters will have to hook up for a drink at one of the local establishments...just don't let Al'co talk us into the Nugget..

al cole'holic
07-27-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by dicudmore
Tapo and Alamo here (for another 30 days)
..selling, buying, moving??

mbrown2
07-27-2004, 12:58 PM
How much did Dean get you for?
Pretty reasonable..right about 1K...but ROZ provided the amp and speakers...he is just doing the install, console sub, wiring and crap and sub control...I am staying with the factory unit even though he almost talked me into upgrading...just don't want to lose the in dash changer...and no one (Eclipse) makes one anymore..

dicudmore
07-27-2004, 12:59 PM
..selling, buying, moving??
selling, moving, LV bound.
Did not realize I actually know you from the shop here (Wm L Morris) until I had listed with a competitor (Jan Coffman)

mbrown2
07-27-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by tcook33
No, I need to sell my V dammit!!!!:mad: Anyone.......
Link called me this morning. Ima go check your ride out today. Sounds pretty sick yo.
What up "T"...did Harmony ever call....Jeremy emailed me about three weeks ago and said he was passing on the digits to her...
Oh I forgot...I heard you had a new G Friend...you don't need anymore single calling you..:D :D :D

al cole'holic
07-27-2004, 01:12 PM
What up "T"...did Harmony ever call....Jeremy emailed me about three weeks ago and said he was passing on the digits to her...
Oh I forgot...I heard you had a new G Friend...you don't need anymore single calling you..:D :D :D
G Friend is cutoff, send him all the digits you can :D
..I asked you about Dean not Link...

al cole'holic
07-27-2004, 01:15 PM
selling, moving, LV bound.
Did not realize I actually know you from the shop here (Wm L Morris) until I had listed with a competitor (Jan Coffman)
Wm L Morris? You got me a little confused..?
Where is the house you sold? There are alot of people doing the LV move from Simi :D

dicudmore
07-27-2004, 01:17 PM
Wm L Morris? You got me a little confused..?
Where is the house you sold? There are alot of people doing the LV move from Simi :D
2922 Kodiak...
Just clicked your eddyandrosie link down there. Name very familiar. Used to have a sub or tahoe or something you brought in here??

al cole'holic
07-27-2004, 01:24 PM
2922 Kodiak...
Just clicked your eddyandrosie link down there. Name very familiar. Used to have a sub or tahoe or something you brought in here??
..gotcha, now you realize you shouldn't have listed with a different agent! :D hehehe

dicudmore
07-27-2004, 01:49 PM
..gotcha, now you realize you shouldn't have listed with a different agent! :D hehehe
I have a ton of customers that are realtors, so I would have had a hard time picking from one. Except now I only can think of one thats a boater.....well actually I saw Allan Mann at Lake mead a couple weeks ago but who's counting :D

mbrown2
07-27-2004, 01:55 PM
..I asked you about Dean not Link...
OH...getting my shops confused...I will have to share that expediture over a beer...my a$$ still hurts....just joking....after checking with all the top named shops from the 909 to the 805...he was not the cheapest, but his work is/was the best...and before I made the decision, I called CST to get their 411 on him versus some others not letting on who I was leaning towards and they pretty much made my mind up for me...

al cole'holic
07-27-2004, 02:02 PM
OH...getting my shops confused...I will have to share that expediture over a beer...my a$$ still hurts....just joking....after checking with all the top named shops from the 909 to the 805...he was not the cheapest, but his work is/was the best...and before I made the decision, I called CST to get their 411 on him versus some others not letting on who I was leaning towards and they pretty much made my mind up for me...
..he did some shist for me years ago when he had a ghetto shop with his mom way back when :D