PDA

View Full Version : Do You Agree With This 8-Point Program to Protect America?

MagicMtnDan
07-28-2004, 05:47 AM
The Paul Revere Society 8-Point Program (http://www.homestead.com/prosites-prs/index.html)
MEN AND WOMEN PROTECTING AMERICA
1. Support Traditional Marriage
2. Close the Borders now.
3. Deport all illegal immigrants now.
4. Eliminate bilingual education in all states.
5. Require health tests for all recent foreign born immigrants.
6. Make tax cuts permanent.
7. End Affirmative Action
8. Tort Reform - Stop Class Action Lawyers.
Some say that the borders are arbitrary, English is only one of many languages in our new "Multicultural America," and that we share no common history or values. We believe in the Sovereignty of our Nation. That English is our national "glue." And that we all do share in the pillars of the Bible, the U.S. Constitution, and the Bill of Rights. These documents and what they stand for are our common cultural heritage. The PRS supports the great traditions of America.
The United States is threatened and the PRS stands for the reassertion of our borders, our language, and our traditional culture.

Huckleberry
07-28-2004, 05:58 AM
That about sums it up in my book!

spectratoad
07-28-2004, 07:02 AM
Sounds pretty well rounded and inline with what the rest of the world does.
May be able to add one more.
Stop frivalous government spending.
Nothing pisses me off more thatn to hear they want to raise taxes (local & federal) since they need more money but you never hear about them cutting the bullshit spending. :mad:

eliminatedsprinter
07-28-2004, 07:43 AM
I agree with most of that, but #1 makes us look pretty uptight. I support traditional marriage, basically by being in one. However, I really don't have much intrest in how others define or live in their marriages. I think the whole gay marriage issue is a straw man argument that the left is using (rather effectively) to paint all conservatives with the religious right. Those conservatives who are getting there shorts all in a bunch over the actions of a few nuts on this issue have played right into their hands. If conservatives would have laughed at it in the begining, rather than gotten all upset, it would have quickly faded away as a major issue. Instead, having the idea of adressing gay marriage in the most significant document in political history, makes them look a bit petty, uptight, and hypicritical when the rest of conservative philosophy is aimed at protecting individual liberty and personal and financial freedom.

RexRathburn
07-28-2004, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by eliminatedsprinter
I agree with most of that, but #1 makes us look pretty uptight. I support traditional marriage, basically by being in one. However, I really don't have much intrest in how others define or live in their marriages. I think the whole gay marriage issue is a straw man argument that the left is using (rather effectively) to paint all conservatives with the religious right. Those conservatives who are getting there shorts all in a bunch over the actions of a few nuts on this issue have played right into their hands. If conservatives would have laughed at it in the begining, rather than gotten all upset, it would have quickly faded away as a major issue. Instead, having the idea of adressing gay marriage in the most significant document in political history, makes them look a bit petty, uptight, and hypicritical when the rest of conservative philosophy is aimed at protecting individual liberty and personal and financial freedom.
Well said!

WaTchTheGelCoat
07-28-2004, 08:33 AM
I abso ****ing lutly agree. Will we ever be that way? Probably not.

Dave C
07-28-2004, 10:22 AM
yes, let the homos have a civil unions or whatever. Just don't call it marriage.
your right. its not an issue. They have the same rights we do. If someone can actually cite an issue of unequal rights, this can be addressed through legislation.
Most of the complaining results in additional rights for gays especially under Cali law, which ain't right.