PDA

View Full Version : River Dave & Liberator?

Kwicherbichen
11-14-2001, 03:49 AM
Hey Dave did I hear you right on the HTM thread? Are you getting a Liberator with twins? Those are sweet boats. I'm partial to loud ass V8's but all the configuations are nice. I thought you might go for one of those Tom Papp Decks like "Lost Lakes". I think I will go that route when I gather some more cash. I think the price is right too.
I went to Tom's shop the other day. I'm building him a new website. He's a nice guy and seems to know his shit. BTW, he is the world record hull guy. He is rigging a 21' tunnel and a 19' tunnel as we speak. You should pop in there and see what he has to offer. His prices are real good too. Lack of overhead I think.
Brian

FastCats
11-14-2001, 05:59 AM
Hey Guys,
Is that style still popular, I have Bill Seebolds old molds and would look at bringing them out if there was an interest.
Scott

RiverDave2
11-14-2001, 10:15 AM
KWB, I haven't signed on the dotted line so to speak, but Barney's certainly working his magic..
RD

WILDMAN
11-14-2001, 11:19 AM
lIBERATORS WITH TWINS FLY!

tahoe22
11-14-2001, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by FastCats:
Hey Guys,
Is that style still popular, I have Bill Seebolds old molds and would look at bringing them out if there was an interest.
Scott
Scott - If you have some pics of the boats from those Seebold molds, post some up. What vintage are they?
Chris

Kwicherbichen
11-19-2001, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by FastCats:
Hey Guys,
Scott
FastCats, I didn't know they were ever popular before? The first one I saw was a Placecraft. I wasn't majorly inpressed. Not because it's not a nice boat, it just wasn't really doing it for me. About 2 years ago I saw a Tom Papp deck at Lake Martinez (Yuma, AZ). I saw it from across a sandbar and just thought it was a regular tunnel. When I got up next to it I was stunned that it was actually a deck. It was very sleek and low profile. Well, I guess it's why people buy boats that others think are ugly. It just did something for me.
However, to answer your question, I think they are becoming more popular because some folks want the fun of a pontoon, the speed of the tunnel, and the ride of something bigger.
Brian

HavasuBarney
11-20-2001, 12:47 AM
Well just so you guys can all be prepared, I will be coming down to Lost Lake this year.
I drink Heinekens and like to race for cash!!
There is no way someone can put together as fast a lake boat for a similar price as I can......I'll even bet on it!!
I'm selling Liberators now, spank me and I'll sell your boats!
FastCats, Howie Dean asked me about those Seebold molds, I said I was interested in talking.....I am very interested in a couple things you have going if you would like to talk.

HBjet
11-22-2001, 12:13 PM
Havasu Barney, if I remember correctly, you were saying you can beat a pump boat out of the hole, and your bat boat (or what ever other boat is was) can beat 99% of whats at the river. I was thinking you were talking about speed, not the dollar for dollar amount. We all know you have the hook-up at liberator and maybe with other mfg's. Let me ask you this. What would a brand new 21' Liberator tunnel and a brand new 300 Merc clamped on the back cost the avarge Joe? No connections...
What if I had a job with Bill Scotten at California Performance Boats, build a hull, no colors for next to nothing. Have Dave at DNE Motorsports Development build me a motor in return for what ever he wants, and then I get a 800hp motor for about 11k (that would be a deal) Then I get MPD to build my pump, but since I work at California Performance, he gives me a smokin deal, and builds me the proper race pump for about 3k installed. I'm just guessing on these figures, but I'm pretty sure if I was tight with these people, and worked for California Performance, I can build a 100+ river rocket for 20k give or take. I don't work for any of these people, and neither do the people at Lost Lake. They are there to race, when you win, you win, it's not about who spent more money. Same goes for losing. If your spanked, then your spanked, thats it. Maybe the BBS party does it different. Do they have classes you run in for dollar amount vs ET or MPH? Like the 10-15k class, the 15-20k class, etc...Anyway, let us know when your going to Lost Lake.
HBjet

Blown509Liberator
11-30-2001, 07:27 AM
HBjet
Liberators make very good Jetboats. The bottom is set up for a jet. Mine with 850 hp and a stock pump, MPD prepped Legend SS a impeller, MPD set up intake ride plate and shoe, we are in the mid 90's no problem. When we get the set up nailed down we will be 100+. I bought mine in 1999 for 16k with full interior, gauges, engine cover, and trailer. The intake was sent to jack then he sent it to Liberator and they set it in the hull for me. I added a rail kit and bolted my motor and pump in. I had a 502/502 in it the first year. We deep onto the 70's with that set up.
http://nothinbutjets.homestead.com/files/M0007.jpg
[This message has been edited by Blown509Liberator (edited November 30, 2001).]

racingrascal
11-30-2001, 06:23 PM
Blown509, do you still have that pic of your boat doing a big ass roost? If you do post it again, I loved it!
Andy
[This message has been edited by racingrascal (edited November 30, 2001).]