PDA

View Full Version : Made In Mexico by Heinz

Lightning
07-29-2004, 10:23 AM
Subject: Fwd: Fw: Made In Mexico by Heinz
Subject: Made in Mexico
Shortly after reading the following e-mail content, I happened to look at the label of a jar of Heinz sandwich slice pickles. Yep.... Made in Mexico" Check some of your Heinz products. "Sen. John Kerry keeps talking about U.S. corporations leaving this country and setting up shop in foreigncountries, taking thousands of jobs with them. He is right, because that has happened. However, he is trying to blame it on George W. Bush. As far as I know, Bush has not moved one factory out of this country because he is not the owner of a single factory. That cannot be said about Kerry and his wife, Teresa Heinz-Kerry.
According to the Wall Street Journal, the Kerry's own 32 factories in Europe and 18 in Asia and the Pacific. In addition, their company, the Heinz Company, leases four factories in Europe and four in Asia. Also, they own 27 factories in North America, some of which are in Mexico and the Caribbean. 80% of Heinz products are made overseas. I wonder how many hundreds of American workers lost their jobs when these plants relocated in foreign countries. I also wonder if the workers in Mexico and Asia are paid the same wages and benefits as workers in the United
States. Of course they're not. However, Kerry demands that other companies that relocate should pay the same benefits they did in the U.S. Why does he not demand this of the Heinz Company,since he is married to the owner? If Kerry is elected, will he and his wife close all those foreign factories a nd bring all those jobs back to America? Of course they won't. They're making millions off that cheap labor."

Lady Rat Attack 1
07-29-2004, 10:32 AM
I'm sorry if I will offend anyone BUT I have never and will never like that woman. She scares the hell out of me expecially if she gets into the whitehouse :yuk: :mad:

summerlove
07-29-2004, 10:35 AM
More fricking lies.....get the story straight!
Although Senator Kerry has been critical of the Bush administration for rewarding "Benedict Arnold CEOs" who move "profits and jobs overseas," the attempt to link Kerry (through his wife) with the very outsourcing he decries is flawed in two major ways. First off, Teresa Heinz Kerry does not "own the Heinz Corporation" — she has no involvement whatsoever with the management or operations of the H.J. Heinz Company, nor does she own anything close to a controlling interest of the company's stock. According to Heinz itself, the Heinz family trust which Mrs. Kerry inherited sold most of its shares of Heinz stock back in 1995 and currently holds less than a 4% interest in the company.
In 1995, Kerry wed Teresa Heinz, whom he first met in 1990. Mrs. Kerry was previously married for 25 years to Henry John Heinz III, who was a member of the founding family of the H.J. Heinz Company and represented Pennsylvania for twenty years in both the U.S. House of Representatives and the Senate prior to his death in a plane crash in 1991. Mrs. Kerry inherited a Heinz family fortune estimated at over $500 million.

91nordic29
07-29-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by summerlove
Although Senator Kerry has been critical of the Bush administration for rewarding "Benedict Arnold CEOs" who move "profits and jobs overseas," the attempt to link Kerry (through his wife) with the very outsourcing he decries is flawed in two major ways. First off, Teresa Heinz Kerry does not "own the Heinz Corporation" — she has no involvement whatsoever with the management or operations of the H.J. Heinz Company, nor does she own anything close to a controlling interest of the company's stock. According to Heinz itself, the Heinz family trust which Mrs. Kerry inherited sold most of its shares of Heinz stock back in 1995 and currently holds less than a 4% interest in the company.
In 1995, Kerry wed Teresa Heinz, whom he first met in 1990. Mrs. Kerry was previously married for 25 years to Henry John Heinz III, who was a member of the founding family of the H.J. Heinz Company and represented Pennsylvania for twenty years in both the U.S. House of Representatives and the Senate prior to his death in a plane crash in 1991. Mrs. Kerry inherited a Heinz family fortune estimated at over $500 million.
good job summerlove!:cool:

carbonmarine
07-29-2004, 10:43 AM
The story is he owns & continues to purchase equities and thus he directly benifits from these Benedict Arnolds ...
Much in the way I do, but at least I admit it, dont try to downplay it. In fact, I whole heartedly support outsourcing ... New things a this way comes....
Rick32:cool:

Dave C
07-29-2004, 10:45 AM
using your same logic Summerlove.
Dick Cheney does not own Halliburton or have any financial ties and no longer manages it.
so there you go.
Whats good for the goose is good for the gander, right?

OGShocker
07-29-2004, 10:46 AM
After yesterday's bet, I thoughtwe might not have a need for more debates... Boy was I wrong.;)

summerlove
07-29-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by carbonmarine
The story is he owns & continues to purchase equities and thus he directly benifits from these Benedict Arnolds ...
Rick32:cool:
He has no control over her "fortune" and their finances are separately maintained. Are you sure Mr. Sensation of your statement or is this just more of the propaganda that so eloquently spews from your fingers?

1978 Rogers
07-29-2004, 10:48 AM
Kerry promises to bring jobs back to the US from over sees. It's a free market. Labor is cheaper outside the United States. Is he going to subsidize manufacturing. Americans don't want to pay more for a product if they don't have to. How the hell can he bring oversea jobs back to the USA without tax payers flipping the bill?
It is the Capitolistic way. Charge more and have it built for less.

summerlove
07-29-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by OGShocker
After yesterday's bet, I thoughtwe might not have a need for more debates... Boy was I wrong.;)
oh, they're gonna get worse, uh, I mean better!;)

summerlove
07-29-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by 1978 Rogers
Kerry promises to bring jobs back to the US from over sees. It's a free market. Labor is cheaper outside the United States. Is he going to subsidize manufacturing. Americans don't want to pay more for a product if they don't have to. How the hell can he bring oversea jobs back to the USA without tax payers flipping the bill?
It is the Capitolistic way. Charge more and have it built for less.
so do you support the Bush admin's support of allowing thousands of american jobs to go overseas?

ROZ
07-29-2004, 10:51 AM
Not a lie, just not all the facts...Just like all political retoric.
Controling interest can be said for ANY public company.
I say practice what he preaches and start a movement to attempt to bring another 15 percent back to the US. It will make the company's investment report for all who have an interest can read. 4% may not be enough to make a decision, but with her name she wil be heard and recorded.

OGShocker
07-29-2004, 10:54 AM
so do you support the Bush admin's support of allowing thousands of american jobs to go overseas?
Those HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of jobs are offset by the three MILLION jobs created by FOREIGN companies here. So, I would have to answer you by saying ****in a right I support outsourcing.

summerlove
07-29-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by ROZ
Not a lie, just not all the facts...Just like all political retoric.
Controling interest can be said for ANY public company.
I say practice what he preaches and start a movement to attempt to bring another 15 percent back to the US. It will make the company's investment report for all who have an interest can read. 4% may not be enough to make a decision, but with her name she wil be heard.
but he (Kerry) doesn't have any say in Heinz, other than what flavor of ketchup he likes, regular or with tobasco. All she can do is vote in the annual corporate elections as a stock holder - she just married into the family and her former husband, named Heinz, died. She got his moola. Sold her majority stake and now has a small fortune to maintain. Just because her name is Heinz doesn't make her the key player in the company....

summerlove
07-29-2004, 11:02 AM
Those HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of jobs are offset by the three MILLION jobs created by FOREIGN companies here. So, I would have to answer you by saying ****in a right I support outsourcing.
Nothing wrong with outsourcing, and in fact, I generally support it in the right situation.
However,
I recently made a car rental reservation with Alamo for a trip to Hawaii. The call center was in India. I had a great trip, except my reservation was all screwed up.
I was having a problem with my netgear router. The call center was in India. I am having a tech come to my home this w/e because the call center was of no help.
When I was having a question about my taxes, I called the turbotax call center, it was in India...
You would think we'd want to have those types of jobs here in the US. Guess I'm wrong......It was amazing to have a resident of India giving me US tax advice from India. They could not help me with my problem.

1978 Rogers
07-29-2004, 11:09 AM
I just don't trust Kerry, Edwards or Heintz. I'm more republican than democrat. I'd rather manage my own money, than have the democrats manage it for me.
I don't like the fact that jobs are going overseas. But, how do you stop it. Take Levi Straus for instance. They had to close down there last plant in the USA a few months ago because they couldn't afford not to. Do you go over seas or go out of business? They kept the plant open (I don't remember exactly how long, at least a year) to keep the people employed as long as possible. They took great pride in being an "Made in America" company. But the market drove them out of the country.

ROZ
07-29-2004, 11:10 AM
but he (Kerry) doesn't have any say in Heinz, other than what flavor of ketchup he likes, regular or with tobasco. All she can do is vote in the annual corporate elections as a stock holder - she just married into the family and her former husband, named Heinz, died. She got his moola. Sold her majority stake and now has a small fortune to maintain. Just because her name is Heinz doesn't make her the key player in the company....
You're right he has no input, and she has no controling input what-so-ever; However, If one of his objectives is to bring jobs back to the US when a company he has ties to(no matter how miniscule) has over 75% of it's workforce overseas, you'd think there'd be atleast one note in ANY company report from Heinz/Kerry(since married) motioning for bringing some of the workforce back to the US. There is nothing. Even the weakest lobbyists are heard...

OGShocker
07-29-2004, 11:10 AM
I was looking for someone to answer our phones and do some light filing in the office. I went through 8 applicants before I could find one that MIGHT be trainable.
If I could I would route my s**t through India too.

572Daytona
07-29-2004, 11:11 AM
How exactly did Bush or the Bush administration "allow" the outsourcing. Did the companies specifically ask for his permission before they did it?

ROZ
07-29-2004, 11:11 AM
When I was having a question about my taxes, I called the turbotax call center, it was in India...
It was amazing to have a resident of India giving me US tax advice from India. They could not help me with my problem.
Why don't you support your local CPA? Turbotax, :eek:

1978 Rogers
07-29-2004, 11:13 AM
If you call a Microsoft help line. You will also notice an accent. :D

OGShocker
07-29-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by ROZ
FOFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!:D :D

OGShocker
07-29-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by 1978 Rogers
If you call a Microsoft help line. You will also notice an accent. :D
SummerLove is a Liberal. He must own an Apple.;)

1978 Rogers
07-29-2004, 11:24 AM
Living in the Seattle area. It really pissed off a lot of poeple when Boeing moved its headquarters out of the state. Boeing was founded in Seattle. But our beloved Govener, Garry Locke(democrat) wouldn't do anything about traffic and any tax breaks. So Boeing said Bye Bye. They also have parts manufactured through out the world.

Ducatista
07-29-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Lady Rat Attack 1
I'm sorry if I will offend anyone BUT I have never and will never like that woman. She scares the hell out of me expecially if she gets into the whitehouse :yuk: :mad:
Non taken.....she is one loopy billionaire! Having her as first lady means we are all doomed !

summerlove
07-29-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by ROZ
My wife is a CPA and we choose to do our taxes on Turbotax. We had a questions we were not sure how to handle as it related to some of our investments and capital gains. So, everytime she goes to Nordy's, I support my CPA! Believe me....;)

summerlove
07-29-2004, 12:38 PM
I was looking for someone to answer our phones and do some light filing in the office. I went through 8 applicants before I could find one that MIGHT be trainable.
If I could I would route my s**t through India too.
I realy don't think you truly believe that....you fight for America and would do anything to keep it strong and economically stable.

summerlove
07-29-2004, 12:39 PM
SummerLove is a Liberal. He must own an Apple.;)
Actually, I love apples, but they only grow on trees.....personally, I have Dell workstations at work and at home!

OGShocker
07-29-2004, 12:41 PM
I realy don't think you truly believe that....you fight for America and would do anything to keep it strong and economically stable.
You're right (wow, I said that?) I hate Curry!

summerlove
07-29-2004, 12:43 PM
You're right (wow, I said that?) I hate Curry!
See now, there's love everywhere!

ROZ
07-29-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Ducatista
she is one loopy billionaire!
We just percieve her as loopy because she has a TON of money and is use to getting what she wants without any reprocussions. My guess is that it's difficult for her to contain herself...
Those who know eccentric people with a TON of money know what I mean. They're thought process is a little different....

Dave C
07-29-2004, 12:46 PM
Politicians both right and left should not have any financial interest in an corporation that they may regulate. This includes blind trusts because they benefit financially from them!
Many politicians violate this.
Also even if a person is a minority shareholder in a corporation with very diluted shareholders they may have "significant influence" on the management because their block of shares may be larger than anyone else. Especially if they are on the BOD. Even if they own less than 10% they may have significant influence.
Point being, if all the shares owned by Heinz/Kerry were voted they would probably have significant influence over the management. (i.e. management would not do anything to "offend" Heinz/Kerry)

AzDon
07-29-2004, 01:16 PM
If Mrs Kerry had any influence over the Heinz Companies, they wouldn't be a major contributor to Bush (they are!) and would instead, financially support Kerry's campaign (they dont!)
The issue of Cheney's "special relationship" with Haliburton is that it's very likely that he was hired because of his "special relationship" with ALL republican presidential administrations back through the seventies. They didn't hire him for his past so much as what he might be able to do for their future and you could reasonably say Haliburton has done well during Mr. Cheney's tenure as VP.
So you see....Cheney+ Haliburton= sinister fleecing of the taxpayers and.....Teresa+ Heinz Companies= a complete non-story!
This non-issue was already discussed extensively in a previous thread with almost the same name
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51930&highlight=heinz+mexico
Where did this half-story come from?

summerlove
07-29-2004, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by AzDon
If Mrs Kerry had any influence over the Heinz Companies, they wouldn't be a major contributor to Bush (they are!) and would instead, financially support Kerry's campaign (they dont!)
The issue of Cheney's "special relationship" with Haliburton is that it's very likely that he was hired because of his "special relationship" with ALL republican presidential administrations back through the seventies. They didn't hire him for his past so much as what he might be able to do for their future and you could reasonably say Haliburton has done well during Mr. Cheney's tenure as VP.
So you see....Cheney+ Haliburton= sinister fleecing of the taxpayers and.....Teresa+ Heinz Companies= a complete non-story!
Amen Brutha!

ROZ
07-29-2004, 02:32 PM
Amen Brutha!
Albertsons ketchup 1.29
Heinz ketchup 2.49
Talk about a fleecing :D

ROZ
07-29-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by AzDon
Cheney+ Haliburton= sinister fleecing of the taxpayers and.....Teresa+ Heinz Companies= a complete non-story!
Haliburton paid more US taxes than Hienz :p :D