PDA

View Full Version : I would rather smoke pot than play football.

HCS
07-29-2004, 02:38 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/id/2605012
That's one of the reasons they shouldn't pay these guys so much.
I think you'll see more and more of this.
Give me my millions, then 5 years later I quit.
It's a sign of the up comming generation. A lot of kids these days
have everything handed to them. So there isn't any incentive to
accomplish anything. No one including Ricky himself will never no
how good he could have been. (Dumb).
Even Tiger Woods is slipping. He has his millions.
Any thoughts?

welk2party
07-29-2004, 02:41 PM
Ricky was a natural athlete that never really had a passion for the game. If this was his atitude then they are better off without him.
Tiger wants to be number 1. He still is number 1. You cannot be 100% all the time.

cigarette1
07-29-2004, 02:46 PM
Please don't put Tiger in the same bag as RW :confused:

Lake Pirate
07-29-2004, 02:49 PM
Why should they give a rats ass? They get enough money up front to drive the biggest Escalade in Watts and can by crack for their entourage, eighty children and four of their step-fathers. It's our fault for making them demagogues. Give me a check like that and I'll wear a purple suit and bitch slap my old lady for not polishing my Chrystale bucket.

RexRathburn
07-29-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
Any thoughts?
I agree with you that they shouldn't pay these guys so much (only because I'm not making that money;) ).
However, if I could go in and work for a couple of years, make my millions, get set up, and then go do something that I REALLY wanted to do, I would do it in a heartbeat. Who wouldn't go for that deal?
I don't believe in living up to everyone elses standards. If you are content with what you have achieved and want to quit or go do something different, then more power to ya!

unleashed
07-29-2004, 02:59 PM
This might be a cop-out but than again I dont have social anxiety disorder. His use of Mary Jane might be legit. I mean none of us are in his shoes so how can we judge??
"Williams suffers from social-anxiety disorder and was a spokesman for the anti-depressant Paxil. He said marijuana helped him once he had to stop using Paxil because it didn't agree with his diet."
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

HCS
07-29-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by cigarette1
Please don't put Tiger in the same bag as RW :confused:
I pulled that right from sports center. They were having a discusion about
atheletes and how they perform when they wanted to, and don't perform when they want to.
Tiger is guilty of that.
Golf is a different sport though. You can get away with it.
Money and being burnt out at an early age is the issue I was
commenting on. I just think were going to run into more young
guns copping out or getting burnt out at an early age.
Especially when they smoke pot.
I hope I cleared that up a little.:rolleyes:

HCS
07-29-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by CEO
Tiger has a legit reason to be distracted, have you seen his CHICK! Oh my god, I would rather play with her all the time than a bunch of dudes chasing the lil white ball around.:D :D
His game has slipped since he got married.

Kilrtoy
07-29-2004, 03:07 PM
They are all a bunch of over paided babies....

HCS
07-29-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
They are all a bunch of over paided babies....
I think Terrell Owens is a perfect example of that.
Except he wants the trophy.

Ducatista
07-29-2004, 03:15 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by HARDCORE-SKI
[B]http://msn.foxsports.com/id/2605012
What a dope. He wants to search for the truth now..........I hope Miami takes him to court and gets some of their money back, that might change his mind.

tcook33
07-29-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Lake Pirate
Why should they give a rats ass? They get enough money up front to drive the biggest Escalade in Watts and can by crack for their entourage, eighty children and four of their step-fathers. It's our fault for making them demagogues. Give me a check like that and I'll wear a purple suit and bitch slap my old lady for not polishing my Chrystale bucket.
Although I hate to admit it, I have read some intelligent things written by you. That was not one of them. That sounded horrible. I hope to God it was a joke.:confused:

cigarette1
07-29-2004, 03:17 PM
I think Terrell Owens is a perfect example of that.
Except he wants the trophy.
Terrel Owens is a plain and simple Jackass .... but, he can play some ball.

KACHINA KEN
07-29-2004, 03:19 PM
Any thoughts?
Tiger is getting way too much of that fine ass poo-nanny from his super model girlfriend, if she cut him off he would probably play better, he's obviously too umm errr, relaxed:D
Eye of the Tiger, uh Tiger......

Big_Gunz_
07-29-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by cigarette1
Tiger will be back after that pu$$y gets old .... and you know, it all gets old :D
but what a ride it would be making it old

Coach
07-29-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by unleashed
This might be a cop-out but than again I dont have social anxiety disorder. His use of Mary Jane might be legit. I mean none of us are in his shoes so how can we judge??
"Williams suffers from social-anxiety disorder and was a spokesman for the anti-depressant Paxil. He said marijuana helped him once he had to stop using Paxil because it didn't agree with his diet."
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:
This is a good point. I did see a special on him when he was with the Saints. He rarely left his appt in New Orelands due to the fact he was painic stricken. If the guy wants to retire then do so. Too bad the pot thing came out at the same time. But lets face it most of us would love to retire at 27 with millions of dollars. If he has 1/2 a brain (which might be in question) he will invest it wisely and never have to work again. Plus the most of us have forgotten that most running backs only make it 2 1/2 years in the NFL before they force to retire or no longer needed. If he walks away from football with mininal injury then he his ahead of the game. Sure if you are a Miami fan you are pissed, but don't forget the painic disorder has pleaged him for years. He is one of the few players allowed to wear the eye sheild. A legitate reason must be diagnosted to wear one in the NFL that is not clear. The NFL doctors must make that determination.

RexRathburn
07-29-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Coach
He is one of the few players allowed to wear the eye sheild. A legitate reason must be diagnosted to wear one in the NFL that is not clear. The NFL doctors must make that determination.
...and I'm sure there was plenty of this in his locker;) :D ...
http://www.pfizer.com/do/counter/images/im_advanced_relief.jpg

Lake Pirate
07-29-2004, 03:40 PM
Sorry to disappoint ya tcook. I ran it by my homey's first and they too agreed that I was going a little light on my old lady. People have no idea how hard it is in these athlete's? It's no walk in the park to be treated like a local hero when you're sixteen, and then have to suffer the indignity of teachers and professors passing your ebonic illiterate ass through complicated classes like home ed and psych 101. Then yet, to be thrown out on your ass with a college degree you didn't earn, and enough money to buy Uzbekistan and enough pussy to smother Hugh Hefner, these overrated, under appreciative, multi-millionaires have to listen to educated, mojo lacking business men that make less than 5% of what they do. Life's just not fair to these guys. We should cut them some slack.

HCS
07-29-2004, 03:45 PM
I think Paxil is another cop out problem with society.
That kind of stuff wasn't around when most of us were kids.
There's nothing wrong any of us is there?:D :D

framer1
07-29-2004, 03:55 PM
Eli Manning 20 million dollar signing bonus. Not bad for an unproven commodity:eek!:

BIGTYME
07-29-2004, 03:57 PM
Ricky himself will never no
Any thoughts? [/B]
Why the hell would you want to keep working when your worth hundreds of millions of dollars, young, and have a smokin wife?
I wish Ricky the best, He could have cheated his way through
School and whatever, His success didn't come easily. A football player spends many hours a day sweating, working out, running, studying, interviewing, than most people will ever know.
If he has enough money to live a life that satisfies him than good for him. He made his money, if he's tired of working then why is that any of our business?
If anybody thinks that Pro Football is all about Partying, Lots of Money, Ass Everywhere, Huge Houses and nothing but fun you in for a real shock if you knew how the business is.

ROZ
07-29-2004, 04:15 PM
If I had the money they do, I wouldn't work.... I'd have orgies with hot chiicks 2x a day, smoke weed, drink, party, drive luxury and exotic cars, Skater, surf daily, etc.... Just before I die, I'd become born again so I could go to heaven :D

jbtrailerjim
07-29-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by framer1
Eli Manning 20 million dollar signing bonus. Not bad for an unproven commodity:eek!:
There's one of the problems right there. The signing bonuses these guy's are getting are unreal. Make these guy's work and give them incentives to earn that bonus. Instead of just handing it to them from the get go and crossing your fingers and hoping you just didn't sign the next Ryan Leaf.

MagicMtnDan
07-29-2004, 04:18 PM
He walked away from MILLIONS more and one thing you can say about all these overpaid babies is they:
1. Have HUGE egos
2. Are GREEDY mo-fo's
These guys NEVER walk away from money and attention (ass-kissing).
He walked away because HE HAD TO. He was facing suspension so instead of facing it he quit.
He screwed his team mates, his team (employer) and the team's fans. He's an ass but he's a rich one.

HCS
07-29-2004, 04:27 PM
You have to play for the love of the game. Or else there isn't any
game. It's just a show.
I guess that's what sports has turned into.
If he doesn't invest his money right he will be like the loser lotto
winners that squander their money away.
Shit...look at Mike Tyson. How could that guy let all that money
slip away. Besides the fact he's a dumb ass.
RW obviously has alot of mental problems.

JetBoatRich
07-29-2004, 04:33 PM
Word is he failed a third drug test and tried to hide it by retiring:( Some people never know when to quit:mad:
This is no comparision in money, but our company does random test on all employees:eek: yesterday was my day. The day after my BD is not always the day to drug and alcohol test:eek:
We had at least 15 employees being tested, hope they all passed:confused:

Ziggy
07-29-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by jbtrailerjim
There's one of the problems right there. The signing bonuses these guy's are getting are unreal. Make these guy's work and give them incentives to earn that bonus. Instead of just handing it to them from the get go and crossing your fingers and hoping you just didn't sign the next Ryan Leaf.
Ugh, I hate hearing that name....and I am very thankful Chargers pulled off a whammo of a deal trading him to NY......Eli will have so much pressure on him to perform. HE does have the talent, lets just see how it goes for him in the BigLeagues behind an old veteran for a year or two.

cigarette1
07-29-2004, 04:48 PM
...Shit...look at Mike Tyson. How could that guy let all that money
slip away. Besides the fact he's a dumb ass.
There is no besides the fact ... he's a plain and simple DUMB ASS :D :D :D

survey76
07-29-2004, 06:21 PM
I don't agree with what Ricky did (especially the marijuana BS), and as a UT-grad, it's tough to swallow, but I've also heard that this might have more to do with him being able to walk in 10 years than anything.
The guy is a workhorse and those idiots in Miami were going to wear him out! Hell, I could play QB for Miami as often as they throw the ball!!!
I don't know if any of you have seen Earl Campbell these days (I get to see him quite a bit here in Austin), but he was the same kind of back and can barely get around. Houston ran him into the ground and the guy barely has a life now. My 83 year old grandfather gets around better than he does.

ratso
07-29-2004, 06:33 PM
Tyler Rose...:D

Blown 472
07-29-2004, 07:29 PM
I am pissed too, some dude takes a ball and runs it down field and my life is bliss, jesus get a life.:rolleyes:

Dr. Eagle
07-29-2004, 07:36 PM
Another sports star makes a fine career decision...:rolleyes:

HCS
07-29-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Blown 472
I am pissed too, some dude takes a ball and runs it down field and my life is bliss, jesus get a life.:rolleyes:
Not only that the bastard spikes the ball in the in zone and gets a $5000.00 bonus.
I got his boner hangin.
Opps! thought this was the late at night thread.:D

78Eliminator
07-29-2004, 09:14 PM
I had a friend that could run the 4/40 in, well never mind, you wouldn't believe it anyway for a white boy. Anyway, he had scholorships, everything lined up for him. He messed up his ankle and all these colleges dropped him. He got a sour taste for athletics and right now he is an author and a bartenter. Want to know what? I am glad. He has way more brains that being a stupid athlete.... Some times things work out for you. Even though it seems things are tougher on you, they are the best for you....

HCS
07-29-2004, 09:20 PM
When did it all the sudden be politically correct to be f u c k up in life?
I have no simpathy for the jerk. I literally think he collected his check and went home.
He knows damn well if the public feels he has a disorder they will forgive for him.
In the mean time he's out screwing crack whores.

HCS
07-29-2004, 09:22 PM
When did it all the sudden be politically correct to be f u c k up in life?
I have no simpathy for the jerk. I literally think he collected his check and went home.
He knows damn well if the public feels he has a disorder they will forgive for him.
In the mean time he's out screwing crack whores.
HARDCORE-SKI your an idiot! that's what I would do!:D

78Eliminator
07-29-2004, 09:26 PM
Hardcore-Ski, when are we going to go out and drink??????????

HCS
07-29-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by 78Eliminator
Hardcore-Ski, when are we going to go out and drink??????????
Anytime. Lets just make sure the women think were going bowling.;)

Jordy
07-29-2004, 09:39 PM
Hookt on fonix werkt fer me. :D

PlyaPlya22
07-29-2004, 09:45 PM
I think if you had that check you would have the biggest tractor in Texoma and you would be bitch slapping your old lady(sister). Your four step fathers (uncles) would have all their teeth too!

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
07-29-2004, 10:17 PM
:confused: You have way to much time on your hands, I guess if it had sheets to cover the windows or was banging his cousin, he would fit in with you :eek:

checkster
07-30-2004, 12:46 AM
RW=Rag Weed=1000+ yd/year=who the hell cares.....dude can carry the rock............pay him and shut the hell up!!!!!!!!

HCS
07-30-2004, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by checkster
RW=Rag Weed=1000+ yd/year=who the hell cares.....dude can carry the rock............pay him and shut the hell up!!!!!!!!
Not a bad idea. Look at Lawrence Taylor he's a perfect roll model.
Smoked crack and played football at the same time. It never affected the way he played.
Altough he did admit it freeked him out a couple times.
And look at how good he's doing now that he's retired. He's still a crack head.:rolleyes:

HavasuDreamin'
07-30-2004, 06:31 AM
Two things.........
1. If he knew he wanted to quit a few years ago........he should have hired a better agent then those two punk rapper dudes. He would have had several million more.
2. Smoking dope isn't going to help his social anxiety disorder. If anything, it will add to that problem.
HD :cool: