Any one going? I leave Aug 2nd. :)

castaway
07-30-2004, 02:08 PM
i'm gonna try... are you riding?

hd&boatrider
07-30-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by GGMMAANN
Any one going? I leave Aug 2nd. :)
Nodigg (Rick) and I are riding out on 8-8 and meeting some friends in Reno.
Are you riding or trailering? Where are you staying when you get there?
Last year we stayed at Glencoe...this year we got hotel rooms in Deadwood. Can't wait to get on the road. Decided to take this weekend off, take a little warm up ride and make sure everything is in order.
Tom

hd&boatrider
07-30-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by castaway
i'm gonna try... are you riding?
Try?

Gman
07-30-2004, 02:18 PM
Me my girlfriend and 2 other couples are riding out there. We have one guy who doesn't like freeway riding so he is driving and pulling the weekend warrior out. If the girls get tired they can ride in the suburban. But the guys are riding all 1,500 miles out there. Gonna try and do it in 2 days but we are giving ourselves 3 days to get there just in case. We will be camping in the trailer in some guys front yard. We have full hook ups and I think the guys yard is like right in town. Staying all week for the event and then taking 3 days to ride back home. :)

nodigg
07-30-2004, 03:23 PM
Just took a 2 hour "butt" training ride today and none of the new parts I installed fell off so I guess I am ready. Gonna do an hour or so each day just to get the calouses ready for the ride.
Two days? Well, I guess it IS possible, we did one 1,000 mile day last year eh Tom? (NOT again).
Anyone gonna be there 11th thru 15th?

nodigg
07-30-2004, 03:25 PM
Tom, can we leave a week early? j/k I'm jealous!:D

hd&boatrider
07-30-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by nodigg
Tom, can we leave a week early? j/k I'm jealous!:D
I am ready...lets go :)

hd&boatrider
07-30-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by nodigg
Just took a 2 hour "butt" training ride today and none of the new parts I installed fell off so I guess I am ready. Gonna do an hour or so each day just to get the calouses ready for the ride.
Two days? Well, I guess it IS possible, we did one 1,000 mile day last year eh Tom? (NOT again).
Anyone gonna be there 11th thru 15th?
1000 miles a day is crazy. I can't believe you drove home from my house. I think you were just delirious....lol

hd&boatrider
07-30-2004, 05:41 PM
Me my girlfriend and 2 other couples are riding out there. We have one guy who doesn't like freeway riding so he is driving and pulling the weekend warrior out. If the girls get tired they can ride in the suburban. But the guys are riding all 1,500 miles out there. Gonna try and do it in 2 days but we are giving ourselves 3 days to get there just in case. We will be camping in the trailer in some guys front yard. We have full hook ups and I think the guys yard is like right in town. Staying all week for the event and then taking 3 days to ride back home. :)
\Two days is really pushing it. Remember that a big thing with the trip is stopping every once in a while...lol 750 miles a day leaves no time to explore. You going to stop in Jackson Hole? That place is pretty cool. I can't remember the famous C&W bar but they have sadlles to sit in at the bar. That was a fun...drunk night :)

Kilrtoy
07-30-2004, 08:35 PM
HD
Enjoy and ride safe.
I know you will have a blast

XTRM22
07-30-2004, 09:51 PM
You guys have fun, I gotta get done with work early tomorrow, the local Harley dealer is throwing their " To Broke for Sturgis Party" I hope to check it out.
Chuck

hd&boatrider
07-30-2004, 10:28 PM
Thanks guys.....I will take the camera and get some pics for all of you

castaway
07-31-2004, 09:17 AM
we're trying to decide wether to ride or trailor out there... have you done the ride before?

nodigg
07-31-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by hd&boatrider
\Two days is really pushing it. Remember that a big thing with the trip is stopping every once in a while...lol 750 miles a day leaves no time to explore. You going to stop in Jackson Hole? That place is pretty cool. I can't remember the famous C&W bar but they have sadlles to sit in at the bar. That was a fun...drunk night :)
Million Dollar Cowby bar in Jackson, Wyoming.........

nodigg
07-31-2004, 09:59 AM
we're trying to decide wether to ride or trailor out there... have you done the ride before?
HD&BR and two more of us did it last year. We took a pickup with supplies and every third day took a turn driving the pick-up. When we set this one up I told the guys I wanted to "ride only" and then one of the wives decided to go and then mine hopped on board for part of the trip so the guys will be riding all the way and the wives will be riding/driving. My wife will be flying back fron Rapis City.
Its a lot of miles but I think all of us would have had no problem riding all the way which is the plan for this time. Now the wives??? Not quite as fun on the back but that depends on your bike I suppose. Two of us have Heritage classics but Tom's buddy did it all the way with no windshield like many others do.
Just take time to check out the side trips going and coming. Lot's to see. Devils Tower, The Badlands, Little Bighorn, Yellowstone, Mt Rushmore, Crazyhorse Monument, Deadwood and so much beautiful two-lane riding and other things going on of course all the way at the Harley Dealerships.
Its a fun filled trip for sure. Be carefull and have some fun. Wave on the way back as we will be riding in as you are ready to leave probably.
Rick

nodigg
07-31-2004, 10:00 AM
When are you leaving?