PDA

View Full Version : Hawaiian Boats

TripleTrouble
07-30-2004, 03:42 PM
Anybody familiar with Hawaiian Boats? Was going to drop by this Sunday to check them out.

gramps
07-30-2004, 03:44 PM
isn't Hawaii a long trip to just "drop by" for the day?

topless
07-30-2004, 03:47 PM
I have a friend who had an older one. It was scary as hell to ride in. It felt like the hull was going to break.

HalletDave
07-30-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by topless
I have a friend who had an older one. It was scary as hell to ride in. It felt like the hull was going to break.
Yo Topless,
Did they ever get all those Alpacas rounded up from the other day?:D
Talk about hijacking a thread.:D

topless
07-30-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by HalletDave
Yo Topless,
Did they ever get all those Alpacas rounded up from the other day?:D
Talk about hijacking a thread.:D
Yes, thanks :D

welk2party
07-30-2004, 03:54 PM
The only Hawaiins I saw were at the LA boat show. I was not impressed that is for sure.

slink
07-30-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by welk2party
The only Hawaiins I saw were at the LA boat show. I was not impressed that is for sure. Like wise here, stopped by their shop in Norco........not all that IMO........Friend had one of thier 24's sold it after a season if that tells ya anything. he didn't have one trip in it that something didn't go wrong

TripleTrouble
07-30-2004, 04:17 PM
Thanks guys, got the search function to work, and read some more not so great things about these boats. I am just making my rounds around my area checking out all the boat dealers, and MFG's around my area. Eliminator, Genesis, Hawaiian, Commander, etc. I am taking the kids to Sea World next weekend, and will stop by DCB's. Any recommendations on a boat? Looking for a 22-28 foot cat, but open to other models.

slink
07-30-2004, 04:27 PM
I dont believe Genesis has a cat....could be wrong........don't forget Shockwave on your list :D

riverbound
07-30-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by TripleTrouble
Any recommendations on a boat? Looking for a 22-28 foot cat, but open to other models.
You should check out the Force Offshore cats. They build one of the best boats out there and their rigging is top notch. They are also close to you (909)574-1481

KineticoH20
07-30-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by slink
I dont believe Genesis has a cat....could be wrong........don't forget Shockwave on your list :D Was there today and it looks like they now have 2 cat-decks.

Dr. Eagle
07-30-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by TripleTrouble
Anybody familiar with Hawaiian Boats? Was going to drop by this Sunday to check them out.
Did you look at their website? I am not sure they are open on Sunday.
I looked at their boats at the boat show. I didn't like the V hulls at all, but that CAT was intriguing. Quality and rigging was OK looking... I was not that impressed. Price point was where one might expect... on the low end.

Mandelon
07-30-2004, 06:54 PM
If you are coming to San Diego go check in on Ultra out in El Cajon, they are only 20 minutes from SeaWorld.

Boozer
07-30-2004, 08:11 PM
Did anyone ever find out of that deck boat by the hawaiian display was a hawaiian? That thing wasnt exactly a "hot" boat but it was still a bitchin lay out and would make one hell of a party boat.