PDA

View Full Version : Damn Ford engineers!!

sandblasted
07-31-2004, 07:01 AM
Did my 1st fuel filter change on my powerstroke last night...
I have never wanted to shoot someone as badly as I did last night.....Namely the engineer at ford that designed the fuel filter location along the frame under the truck!! It seems like a good spot until you try to work on it!
1st you have to take out the drain plug with a 6mm hex wrench, not too bad but then I had to remove the filter cap...
Damn ford jerks put a fuel line right in front of the cap and the drive shaft is in the way also...
I'm sure there is a wrench specifically for this filter cap but I don't have it...yet!! So I used a crescent wrench and a vice grip, since nothing else in my toolbox would fit the end of the cap...
Talk about a pain in the ass!!
I had to turn the cap about 3/4 inch with the vice grip then I could use the crescent wrench for another inch , maybe!...when I finally got the cap off I had to wrestle it out past the fuel lines..Oh yeah, as soon as I got the cap loose diesel fuel dripped out along the frame and no matter where I laid it dripped on me!!
Thank God the 2nd filter on top of the engine is easy to change..
Lastly, F**k Ford for trying to charge $90 for 2 fuel filters....I found some online for $42 at Shopdeisel.com and still cannot believe I paid that much for 2 damn filters!!
:mad:

riverbound
07-31-2004, 07:59 AM
There are 2 fuel filters? I have always changed the top one only:confused:

sandblasted
07-31-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by riverbound
There are 2 fuel filters? I have always changed the top one only:confused:
There are 2 for the new 6.0 powerstroke...I believe the 7.3 only has 1..

JetBoatRich
07-31-2004, 12:03 PM
Greg, I have not changed mine yet, but heard the one down below was a bear to get out and was messy:o
I assume no other problem with your truck?

sandblasted
07-31-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
Greg, I have not changed mine yet, but heard the one down below was a bear to get out and was messy:o
I assume no other problem with your truck?
I'll share the grimy details with you at your party tonight!!:D

JetBoatRich
08-01-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by sandblasted
I'll share the grimy details with you at your party tonight!!:D
I just read this, so I missed the details:(
Thank you and Mary again for coming by last night, had a good time.

sandblasted
08-01-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by JetBoatRich
I just read this, so I missed the details:(
Thank you and Mary again for coming by last night, had a good time.
The party was fun...I learned I have to improve my horseshoe throwing skills though!!

JetBoatRich
08-01-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by sandblasted
The party was fun...I learned I have to improve my horseshoe throwing skills though!!
I find luck in horse shoes:( Paul and I were undefeated:cool: