PDA

View Full Version : MTV News & Chris Rock

truksnboats
08-03-2004, 08:12 AM
I was watching MTV news this morning and saw a clip of a music video by Chris Rock the comedian. It is a spoof of a Black Eyed Pees song “hey ya”. His song is called Cracker, a derogatory racial slang used for the white man. MTV news seems to be praising this song. Now I like Chris Rock as a comedian and I am not really offended by the song, but I can’t help but think what would happen if a white comedian made a song called nigger and had it in the main stream media. Do you really think MTV would be playing it or supporting it?? I don’t think so? Why is it that racism is ok only if it’s against whites?? Has everyone gone completely P.C?? And this isn’t even P.C, I would argue that P.C. would be giving everyone equal rights and there is no way I would get away with having a racist song in main stream media. Sorry guys I just had to vent.

Kilrtoy
08-03-2004, 08:14 AM
Dont complain here,
Write them a letter and complain, You have a valid point.

MudPumper
08-03-2004, 08:14 AM
Because white people dont get offended being called a "Cracker." We grew up with the saying, "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me.":D
P.S. Chris Rock is one funny Nigga.

Debbolas
08-03-2004, 08:16 AM
I think Chris Rock is funny, and I don't think many people know what Cracker means or where it came from...;)

truksnboats
08-03-2004, 08:16 AM
Mud, im not offended, it just seems funny that non-whites may say whatever they want.

MudPumper
08-03-2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by truksnboats
Mud, im not offended, it just seems funny that non-whites may say whatever they want.
I was just joking, I totally agree with you about the reverse racism.;) :D

RiverDave
08-03-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Debbolas
I think Chris Rock is funny, and I don't think many people know what Cracker means or where it came from...;)
Seriously?
I don't know any whitey that doesn't know what cracka is.. LOL :D
RD

Debbolas
08-03-2004, 08:27 AM
Really?!
I guess it is just me then, I found out a few years ago, my dad told me....;)

little rowe boat
08-03-2004, 08:28 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RiverDave
Seriously?
I don't know any whitey that doesn't know what cracka is.. LOL :D
RD [/QUOTE
I prefer Ritz.

Stupid Fast
08-03-2004, 08:28 AM
I can tell you that people around here know exactly what it means and where it came from, and most would not let it slide if heard in public or in a bar, Just as no self respecting black man should tolerate the N word in public either.
To me that shit is just not funny.

Debbolas
08-03-2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Stupid Fast
I can tell you that people around here know exactly what it means and where it came from, and most would not let it slide if heard in public or in a bar, Just as no self respecting black man should tolerate the N word in public either.
To me that shit is just not funny.
Really? It just doesn't seem like a "cuss" word equal to the "N" word.

Stupid Fast
08-03-2004, 08:33 AM
Really? It just doesn't seem like a "cuss" word equal to the "N" word.
Some parts of the USA tofu is considerd a meal also....;)

RiverDave
08-03-2004, 08:45 AM
I'm buying this shirt for a certain someone on the boards.. LOL :D
http://www.tshirthell.com/shirts/products/a145/a145.gif
RD

Kilrtoy
08-03-2004, 08:53 AM
Since when did nigger become a cuss word,
it is an unacceptable word used to describe a certain group of people.
IT IS NOT A CUSS WORD

PlyaPlya22
08-03-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by truksnboats
Usually this happens when people are dealing with their own race. They have a comfort level of what is acceptable and not acceptable within there own race.

Debbolas
08-03-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Since when did nigger become a cuss word,
it is an unacceptable word used to describe a certain group of people.
IT IS NOT A CUSS WORD
Well if you used it in my house when I was growing up......you got your butt spanked!:eek:

PlyaPlya22
08-03-2004, 09:46 AM
Usually people use these racial epitats(sp) when they are young. It seems like the cool thing to do. When you get older you should be a little weiser and understand what it is your saying. Some people will never learn.

Debbolas
08-03-2004, 09:47 AM
You are right, plya!!:cool:

FREIND OF AA AND TA
08-03-2004, 10:42 AM
What the hell is a cracker???:confused:

lucky
08-03-2004, 10:53 AM
just keep paying me ... thats my to-- mato -- I kinda like being called a cracker - a little salty -- and flaky -- yea thats me ... :cool:

PlyaPlya22
08-03-2004, 10:53 AM
It that's a cracker, I'll take a box:D

lucky
08-03-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by FREIND OF AA AND TA
What the hell is a cracker???:confused:
now that's a nice tit ....

racecar.hotshoe
08-03-2004, 10:55 AM
Were have you been.Its this little square thing it goes good with peanut butter.

h2oski2fast
08-03-2004, 11:07 AM
Does anyone REALLY know the true meaning and origin of the word?

THATJEFFGUY
08-03-2004, 11:49 PM
Well since we're on the subject...here's a few more !
AYE-RAB -- Anyone of Arabic descent. Popularized by the camp-singer Ray "The Streak" Stevens' song, "Ahab The Ayrab."
BEAN -- Insult implying that most Chicanos or those of Mexican origin cannot survive without beans being a part of their diet.
BEAN-EATER -- Please see "Bean".
BEANO -- Again, would you just see "Bean" already!
BLACKIE -- Diminutive term to any African or person with a dark skin color.
BOG-RAT -- Used to describe Irish country folk. The word comes from the peat-bogs of Ireland.
BOG-HOPPER -- Please see "Bog-Rat ".
BOY -- Used in the south, addressed to any black person younger than the white speaker. Sometimes used in ironic retaliation by blacks, as well.
BUCKWHEAT -- This word was used by blacks in the early 1900s as a greeting, later changed to a derogatory term due to the buffoonish Buckwheat character in the "Little Rascals" films.
CANUCK -- A Canadian. This word became in use after the 18th century cartoon character, Jonny Canuck.
CHICO -- Meaning "boy" in Spanish. A popular term in the 70s, but now seen to be of a diminutive nature.
CHINAMAN --Anyone of Chinese ancestry. Mostly used to lump all Asians together.
CHINK -- As above. It is not known, but often speculated, where this word came from.
CLOD-HOPPER -- Anyone who lives on a farm. Piles of cow dung were often called clod. In more recent (and vulgar) times, it has been replaced with SHIT-KICKER.
COLORED -- A southern term for blacks. Hardly used after the late 60s.
COON -- A black male. Starting in the 1880s, the Ku Klux Klan went on nightly raccoon hunts due to raccoons being nocturnal. Later they became the hunts and lynchings of blacks.
CRACKER -- Slang used by blacks to describe a person as "white as a cracker." Later deemed derogatory.
DAGO -- Originally used to classify any Italian, Spaniard or Portuguese, derived from the name Diego. Later used simply for Italians. Made popular by the 1950s joke, "Why does time fly in Italy? Because every time you turn around you see a day go."
DARKIE -- Patronizing term for any black person.
DINK -- In the U.S. it literally means a physically small person. In England and Canada, it's a synonym for someone who is small on a mental level. Later used during Vietnam by American soldiers to describe the natives as small, as well as stupid.
FROG -- Anyone of French ancestry. Shortened from "frog-leg eater."
FAGGOT -- A homosexual. Origin unknown.
FAG -- Why are you so damn interested in what this means?
GOOK -- A person of Oriental descent. The word originated during World War II when dealing with many Japanese and having their language sounding like "gobbledy-gook" to Western ears.
GOY -- A Yiddish term for non-Jews, originally taken from the word GOYEM.
GOYEM --A Yiddish word meaning 'cattle.'
GREASER --Anyone of certain Hispanic origins, such as Mexicans or Puerto Ricans, supposedly due to a myth of Hispanics loving grease in their hair.
GREASE-BALL -- A ****ing Spic, like them guys above.
GREEK -- Anyone having anal intercourse, but most often used as a derogatory word in place of homosexual.
GRINGO -- Any white foreigner in Central or South America. Believed to be taken from pro-U.S. banners, "Green Go!" during the World Wars, but it was in fact used as far back as 70 years before the first World War.
GYPSY -- Not so much of an offensive word as it once was. The Gypsy people prefer to be called "Rom", a tribe of Egyptians who entered Europe in the 1200s.
HALF-BREED -- Anyone of a mixed racial background.
HEEB -- Anyone of Hebrew descent, but now used to describe someone as a liberal Jew.
HICK -- Anyone of a rural background, usually poor and especially white.
HILLBILLY -- Literally, anyone living in the hill country, also used to describe unwealthy white country folk.
HONKY -- Used by blacks to describe a white person with liberal leanings, shortened from "horn honking trouble maker."
INDIAN GIVER --Anyone who presents a gift, then reclaims it. Settlers claimed the Native Americans were always breaking promises and treaties.
INJUN -- A drunk Native American, used as if someone is slurring the word Indian.
JAP -- 1) Short for Japanese. 2) Acronym for Jewish American Princess.
JIGABOO -- A rural or southern black, referring to their dancing. Often mistakenly pronounced as "Chick-a-boo."
JUNGLE BUNNY -- A black person, first used as a synonym for a newly imported slave.
KYKE -- A Yiddish word meaning self-hating Jew. Now mostly used by racists for any type of Jewish person.
KRAUT -- A white German. Taken from the German's love of their cabbage dish, sauerkraut.
LIMEY -- A British sailor. Derived from Admirals giving their crew limes to prevent scurvy.
MICK -- A Scotsman or Irishman. Taken from the prefix Mc or Mac. The original word was Mack, but somehow made it's way to Mick.
NIGGER -- Most common of racial slurs, applied to anyone of dark ancestry. Derived from the word Negro.
NIP -- A person of Japanese descent. The true name of Japan is Nippon, therefore Nip being a shortened version.
OREO -- Can be taken as a black person who wants to be a white person, or a white person who wants to be black. Or of a mixed background (white and black parents). Taken from the cookie that is dark on the outside and white on the inside.
P.R. -- Initials for Puerto Rican, often used to call Puerto Ricans, "Professional Robbers".
PAKI -- One of Indian heritage, mistakenly believing all Indians come from Pakistan.
POLACK -- 1) A person of Polish descent. 2) Anyone who has a low level of intelligence, derived from the myth that the Polish were so unintelligent that they just let Hitler walk right into their country.
REDNECK -- A white rural southerner which worked outdoors. To avoid sunburn they kept their shirts on, leaving the neck exposed to reddening by the sun.
REDSKIN -- A Native American. Using paint on their faces to describe their feelings, when settlers saw attacking Native Americans wearing red face paint, the name stuck.
RUSKY -- A person of Russian ancestry. Taken from the Russian word meaning "Russian", Ruskii.
SHIT-KICKER -- See CLOD-HOPPER.
SAMBO -- A black person having buffoon-ish qualities. Taken from the story, "Little Black Sambo."
SHYSTER -- A Jewish professional who cons people. Taken from the Shakespearian character Shylock, in "The Merchant of Venice."
SPADE -- A black male. Comes from the term, "black as the Ace of Spades."
SAND-NIGGER -- A person of Arabic descent.
SPIC -- Anyone of Hispanic origin. Originally used on police records to describe a suspect/victim who was a SPanish/Italian Caucasian (SP.I.C.). Now used as a short term for Hispanic.
SPOOK -- A black person. Used in the 1800s due to difficulty finding blacks in the dark (I just report this stuff, I don't make it up!).
TACO -- A person of Mexican nationality.
TOWEL-HEAD -- A person of any nationality who usually wears a turban or other head-dress.
UNCLE TOM -- A term used to describe blacks who aided whites or cooperates with whites.
WET BACK -- A derogatory term used for those of Mexican nationality who came over illegally via the Rio Grande.
WASP -- Acronym for White Anglo-Saxon Protestant, commonly changed to fit most whites by making the "p" stand for Peoples or Person.
WHITE TRASH -- Poor rural whites. Used to signify that one is a dredge of the white race.
WHITEY -- Black slang for a white person, similar to (yet opposite of) BLACKIE.
WOP -- An Italian. Originally from the acronym With Out Passport, which was a sign on Ellis Island where you would get in line if you were an immigrant.
YID -- Anyone of Yiddish descent, but now used to describe a conservative Jew (opposite of HEEB).
YELLOW -- A person of Oriental ancestry.
ZEBRA-HEAD -- A person who has 'Jungle Fever.'

THATJEFFGUY
08-03-2004, 11:53 PM
As for 'cracker' in its pejorative sense, my own theory would be that it comes from the soda crackers which formed
an important part of the diet of poor rural Southerners earlier this century.
Think about it, the people wielding (cracking) the whip probably were well off relative to the poorer whites (usually associated with the term 'cracker') making their living off the land.

Some Kind Of Monster
08-03-2004, 11:58 PM
Redneck Dictionary?

bullseye
08-04-2004, 05:43 AM
cracker = " poor white" a term used to decsribe some one from Georgia or Florida , lets say " white trash" that is how it is mostly used today .

cdog
08-04-2004, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by bullseye
cracker = " poor white" a term used to decsribe some one from Georgia or Florida , lets say " white trash" that is how it is mostly used today .
Don't take this the wrong way but i'd live in Georgia or Florida before i'd live in Apple Valley. I guess that makes me a Cracker.:D
If that means i'm a white boy then i'm damm proud of it.
You forgot Moon Crickit for the colored's.

cdog
08-04-2004, 11:54 PM
WTF?? :confused: :idea2:
It's just a joke man! Hell I called my self a white trash cracker. ;) :D

bullseye
08-05-2004, 04:07 AM
cdog no harm done I am from the south

JetBoatRich
08-05-2004, 04:22 AM
Back when there was Negro Baseball league, there was a team out of Atlanta Called the Black Crackers :rolleyes:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
08-05-2004, 05:25 PM
I'm buying this shirt for a certain someone on the boards.. LOL :D
http://www.tshirthell.com/shirts/products/a145/a145.gif
RD
I think you can take things a little to far, if you are referring to me when can talk about this when I see you. But I think your choice of words in my presence will be alittle different.

AleAlchemist
08-05-2004, 05:29 PM
Because white people dont get offended being called a "Cracker." We grew up with the saying, "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me.":D
you left out that those stick and stones were throne at the niggers to prove a point. What point I can't recall.
where was I,... oh yah,
sticks and stones hurt niggers, so don't use them...
or something like that! :p

CA Stu
08-05-2004, 06:11 PM
R E L A X!
Call me a cracker, watch me smile.
Or better yet call you tuna salad, because you want me to dip myself in you.
There's enough whiney bitches in the world, Chris Rock is a comedian, it's a f*cking JOKE MAN!!!!
Holy uptight whitey, Batman!
Now back to your regularly scheduled drama
Thanks
CA Stu

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
08-05-2004, 06:17 PM
R E L A X!
Call me a cracker, watch me smile.
Or better yet call you tuna salad, because you want me to dip myself in you.
There's enough whiney bitches in the world, Chris Rock is a comedian, it's a f*cking JOKE MAN!!!!
Holy uptight whitey, Batman!
Now back to your regularly scheduled drama
Thanks
CA Stu
:confused: :idea: :pigfly:

CA Stu
08-05-2004, 06:23 PM
Replied to the original post...
Thanks
CA Stu
PS I am trying my damnedest to make my kids colorblind, and it's not hard...
Young kids have no sense of white, black, mexican, eskimo, however they do seem to hate the French :smilespi: ;)

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
08-05-2004, 06:54 PM
Replied to the original post...
Thanks
CA Stu
PS I am trying my damnedest to make my kids colorblind, and it's not hard...
Young kids have no sense of white, black, mexican, eskimo, however they do seem to hate the French :smilespi: ;)
:eek!: what no french fries :wink: