PDA

View Full Version : What happened to a locals vent thread?

little rowe boat
08-03-2004, 08:25 AM
I had just finished typing a response to some of the transplanted locals that blame Californians for everything and when I tried to post it,I got invalid thread.

Debbolas
08-03-2004, 08:26 AM
I wonder how many threads are missing?!?

HCS
08-03-2004, 08:28 AM
It's the Bin Laden virus. It's attacking HB again.

Debbolas
08-03-2004, 08:28 AM
The original Song Chain is gone...........

JetBoatRich
08-03-2004, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Debbolas
I wonder how many threads are missing?!?
Looks like we lost a few:yuk:

Ion
08-03-2004, 03:54 PM
I made it past tense, due to the numerous out-of-context, misguided posts that resulted from it. It's like you were killing the messenger, not the perpetrator! And remember, the original post resulted from my personal encounters through the years with bad boaters, no generalities. They all just happened to be from the same place. Is that bashing? Bashing those individuals, yes, an entire state...puuulllleeese!

Kilrtoy
08-03-2004, 04:22 PM
Who cares im glad its gone....
The nerve of that guy to use the california web site to complain about us...

mirvin
08-03-2004, 04:30 PM
Yeah, that guy's a terd:D You notice his sig doesn't mention "CA #'s"???
mirvin:D ;) :cool:

Ion
08-03-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
Who cares im glad its gone....
The nerve of that guy to use the california web site to complain about us...
Do you actually read the posts before you respond????
Based on your post, you don't. And regarding nerve, how dare you flame me or my posts when they aren't directed to YOU. Unless of course you are among those a-holes I personally witnessed littering and driving irresponsibly! You're barking up the wrong tree here, pal.

mirvin
08-03-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Ion
Based on your post, you don't. And regarding nerve, how dare you flame me or my posts when they aren't directed to YOU. Unless of course you are among those a-holes I personally witnessed littering and driving irresponsibly! You're barking up the wrong tree here, pal.
Hey Ion, we were just goofing dood. Kilr isn't much for the little smiley guys:D :D ;)
Terd:D
mirvin;)

Ion
08-03-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by mirvin
Yeah, that guy's a terd:D You notice his sig doesn't mention "CA #'s"???
mirvin:D ;) :cool:
Ummm, that would be "CF's". Do the math, genius...I live in AZ and most boats I do, including ones bought by Cali's, register in AZ. So what what would make more sense in my tagline, CF's or AZ's? Oh...the sophmoric namecalling really represents you well, doesn't it?!?!?

Ion
08-03-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by mirvin
Hey Ion, we were just goofing dood. Kilr isn't much for the little smiley guys:D :D ;)
Terd:D
mirvin;)
mirvin...this wouldn't be the first time intentions were misread on a message board by people who aren't familiar with each other's tendancies.
So you really refer to each other as "terds", with or without emoticons?
Peace...

cc322
08-03-2004, 07:11 PM
IMO, I believe you have a valid point. Now what is your web address I am looking to have a name painted on the back of my boat.

Dr. Eagle
08-03-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by cc322
IMO, I believe you have a valid point. Now what is your web address I am looking to have a name painted on the back of my boat.
Yeah..... I think they have a right to bitch a bit. ..
but they musta run out of hot air.... cuz they aren't ventin anymore!

Debbolas
08-03-2004, 07:37 PM
The last time anyone "vented" he pulled the thread...................:rolleyes:

Dr. Eagle
08-03-2004, 07:41 PM
The last time anyone "vented" he pulled the thread...................:rolleyes:
Hmmmmmmmmm I don't remember that.... enlighten me....:confused:

Debbolas
08-03-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Hmmmmmmmmm I don't remember that.... enlighten me....:confused:
Ion started a "locals vent" thread with the original California boaters etc....
Guess it got to hot for him, cause he yanked the thread.
(just read the begining of this thread)

Dr. Eagle
08-03-2004, 07:49 PM
I guess the funny thing about LHC is that most of the peeps there came from california... and the only reason it's on the map is because of that. But it does get insane on the weekends... but that/s why I would probably find another resort like destination to move to... I don't know.

Debbolas
08-03-2004, 07:54 PM
Lake Mead is bigger with less people......;)

Dr. Eagle
08-03-2004, 08:01 PM
Lots of places not in the desert that are nice too... with real trees and stuff...:D

Debbolas
08-03-2004, 08:19 PM
Does Nacimento have any water yet?;)

Ion
08-03-2004, 08:24 PM
Ion started a "locals vent" thread with the original California boaters etc....
Guess it got to hot for him, cause he yanked the thread.
(just read the begining of this thread)
Nope, not too hot, just got tired of having to defend myself from ignorant posters who did not read my entire posts. If they had, they would have realized I was bashing those who I witnessed acting inappropriately, not EVERYONE in the state of California. Geez! Give it a rest...

Kilrtoy
08-03-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Ion
ION isnt that a little bitch car?
And no I dont read anything I just click and type.
Where exactly do you live because I will litter for the first time in my life all over you dirt rock front yard. Im always picking up other people shit at the river as almost every person on this board does. To come hear and rant to the choir, maybe you have some education coming .
Please explain how math and the alphabet coincide.

Ion
08-03-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by cc322
cc322...
Just click on the little "WWW" button below my post and a new window will pop up with my website in it.
Thanks for the inquiry!

Ion
08-03-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
ION isnt that a little bitch car?
And no I dont read anything I just click and type.
Where exactly do you live because I will litter for the first time in my life all over you dirt rock front yard. Im always picking up other people shit at the river as almost every person on this board does. To come hear and rant to the choir, maybe you have some education coming .
Please explain how math and the alphabet coincide.
Hey Jackass...
Explain to me at what point I singled you out as being one of those who littered or drove like an idiot? You have absolutely no basis on which to react like you have toward me or my posts. None! You're being completely reactionary, unfair and offensive. I saw what I saw on numerous occaisions and there's absolutely nothing you can do or type that will change that! And to make threats to my property for YOUR inappropriate bashing of me lowers you to a criminal level. Back off!

Kilrtoy
08-03-2004, 08:49 PM
A really bad criminal, I threatened to throw trash on your yard ,
CALL IN THE FBI, the CIA and Tom Ridge. We have a terrorist amongst us....
That is what singled you out.
I have seen many of the crack smoking trolls that are from az living in your city doing just the same thing you are complaing about.
BACK OFF, wow arent those mud flaps.
Go back to trolling MULLET.com

Scream
08-03-2004, 08:57 PM
I think someone needs some chocolate:D :eek!:
Ion, either you're taking yourself too seriously or your taking everyone else here too seriously, but you're way off base here.
You jumped onto what is normally a very light hearted forum and pitched a bitch, then when you got the defense wave back, you blamed all for not understanding your point of view. You ought to rethink that approach a little and don't put so much weight into what goes on here.
And no, not every one calls each other terds here, we usually call each other anything that can be derived from a 4 letter word starting with f and ending with uck...
Scream <---keepin it real

Kilrtoy
08-03-2004, 08:59 PM
ION is a tree hugger , he is Probably behind the noise complaint at the marina also......
I bet he even wants to close the lake period....

Debbolas
08-03-2004, 09:12 PM
Don't piss him off, he will delete this thread also..........oh wait he can't..............lol;)

Kilrtoy
08-03-2004, 09:13 PM
Im gonna take my ION and go home, I will come back as a new name and start over.

HM
08-03-2004, 11:43 PM
huh..huh....huh huh....huh huh huh....huh...
he said ...............turd.
BTW - the original vent post needed to be responded with:
"Here's your sign"
He wants to know why his lake (which borders both CA & AZ) has so many problem boaters from a state that has 33+ million people in it when his own state is a ghost town in comparison??
With numbers like that, we dominate every catagory, best, worst, hottest...although bullhead still dominates the ugly and toofless catagory.
It was a lame observation that any 3 year old from CA could tear apart faster than a paperback Curious George book.

hava life
08-04-2004, 12:20 AM
Holy shi-, I might have to move:D We moved here because we had a house and made a shi- load off cali. Now it seems like if you live here everyone else is bad:confused: All I know is for now we are happy to live in Havasu:D and enjoy the lake. yes some people are out of hand and need to stay home, that is not everyone..I can work here or in cali. or any other state for that matter but for now havasu is good:D :D I don't like idiots but who does:confused: Lets stop the cali. vs. az. sh-t and enjoy boating:D It's the person not the state;)

HM
08-04-2004, 08:34 AM
I didn't get one laugh (besides my own) on that last post. Are the political threads killing everyone's sense of humor or am I just an a-hole? (don't answer that!)
note to self: curious george is not funny probably because no one knows why the man in the yellow hat doesn't have a girlfriend and likes to play with his monkey.

Ion
08-10-2004, 11:26 AM
ION is a tree hugger , he is Probably behind the noise complaint at the marina also......
I bet he even wants to close the lake period....
Wrong junior...out of all the juvenile, half-assed insults you've thrown my way, this is the most offensive & warrants a response, unlike all your previous pissy-fits. You're flaming a g-dub backer & longtime republican, you idiot!

Toomstone
08-10-2004, 11:46 AM
Wrong junior...out of all the juvenile, half-assed insults you've thrown my way, this is the most offensive & warrants a response, unlike all your previous pissy-fits. You're flaming a g-dub backer & longtime republican, you idiot!
:eek: :eek: :idea:
Ion better watch out :D

Keithb87
08-10-2004, 11:53 AM
He should change his screen name from ION to ID 10 T :D

Ion
08-10-2004, 12:32 PM
What...I'm supposed to take this lying down? Not! Never! If you don't enforce my freedom of speech against this pissant, have the powers that be shut me down...geez! I've read opinions that I have been taking some of this stuff too seriously, but I believe the harmless name-calling that occurs around here is directed to people who know each other, not complete strangers. How would you feel if a stranger off the street came up to you and called you a bitch or a tree hugger or implied you belong to a mullet website? Although it sure shows the lack of integrity and maturity of this "kilrtoy" character, I don't think any of you would approve.
Do any of you think this guy meant any of his remarks toward me to be "humerous"?

Keithb87
08-10-2004, 12:39 PM
Do any of you think this guy meant any of his remarks toward me to be "humerous"?
:) YES :)

Froggystyle
08-10-2004, 12:44 PM
What...I'm supposed to take this lying down? Not! Never! If you don't enforce my freedom of speech against this pissant, have the powers that be shut me down...geez! I've read opinions that I have been taking some of this stuff too seriously, but I believe the harmless name-calling that occurs around here is directed to people who know each other, not complete strangers. How would you feel if a stranger off the street came up to you and called you a bitch or a tree hugger or implied you belong to a mullet website? Although it sure shows the lack of integrity and maturity of this "kilrtoy" character, I don't think any of you would approve.
Look Ion, I can assure you it was supposed to be humorous, but that is really irrelevant. For starters, you came on a forum who's active posters population is comprised primarily of Californians who use Havasu. We pride ourselves on being good boaters, and looking out for each other and our sport.
You came on with ZERO posts to provide context for us to judge you by, and started essentially flaming us while not actually singling us out. It would be like me going onto an airbrushing forum and bitching about the lack of creativity in the industry. Everyone would get riled up, even though I didn't single out any single person. You came into a bees nest and stirred it up. Then, you deleted your thread and called it a day.
Since you haven't been on here very long, and 100% of your time on here has been defensive I will give you some words of advice. Choose your words carefully. Make sure they taste good, because you may have to eat them. The least cool thing you can do on a message board is start a flame post, and as soon as you start getting your ass kicked have it removed. It shows that you can't handle the scrutiny of the general populous, and makes it look like you can't admit you are wrong either.
I would lighten up. This is a dog-eat-dog world, and today you are wearing Milk-bone underwear. Nobody was calling you out, we were calling you wrong. Your tone was unappreciated, and you vented in the wrong place.
Accept this, lighten up and tell us what kind of boat you have and it will all go away. Or, you could be like "Francis" on Stripes and be indignant your whole life for no reason.
You choose.

Ion
08-10-2004, 12:46 PM
By being a relative stranger to this message board, I had no idea he was trying to be light-hearted and humerous. It sure didn't come across that way. If that's indeed the case, and he states something to that affect to me, I'll be the first to bury the hatchet and fill up his beer bong.

Toomstone
08-10-2004, 12:47 PM
Look Ion, I can assure you it was supposed to be humorous, but that is really irrelevant. For starters, you came on a forum who's active posters population is comprised primarily of Californians who use Havasu. We pride ourselves on being good boaters, and looking out for each other and our sport.
You came on with ZERO posts to provide context for us to judge you by, and started essentially flaming us while not actually singling us out. It would be like me going onto an airbrushing forum and bitching about the lack of creativity in the industry. Everyone would get riled up, even though I didn't single out any single person. You came into a bees nest and stirred it up. Then, you deleted your thread and called it a day.
Since you haven't been on here very long, and 100% of your time on here has been defensive I will give you some words of advice. Choose your words carefully. Make sure they taste good, because you may have to eat them. The least cool thing you can do on a message board is start a flame post, and as soon as you start getting your ass kicked have it removed. It shows that you can't handle the scrutiny of the general populous, and makes it look like you can't admit you are wrong either.
I would lighten up. This is a dog-eat-dog world, and today you are wearing Milk-bone underwear. Nobody was calling you out, we were calling you wrong. Your tone was unappreciated, and you vented in the wrong place.
Accept this, lighten up and tell us what kind of boat you have and it will all go away. Or, you could be like "Francis" on Stripes and be indignant your whole life for no reason.
You choose.
exactly what i was thinking :rolleyes: :D

Debbolas
08-10-2004, 12:51 PM
If we were ganging up on you someone would have mention popcorn ;)
So..........what kind of boat do you have?

MsDrmr
08-10-2004, 01:00 PM
It is unfortunate that so many bad experiences are taking place at the river. Truth is we all have to look at what part we take in what happens. Lets face it, people are dying at the river, boats are getting sunk, girls are getting punched, items are getting stolen, and anamosity runs amuck. As with anything, you have your "no gooders" and your "do gooders" everywhere.

Keithb87
08-10-2004, 01:14 PM
We must all try to teach by example.... ;)

Debbolas
08-10-2004, 01:22 PM
Ok, I have a welcome ION thread now............... :)

Keithb87
08-10-2004, 01:24 PM
Ok, I have a welcome ION thread now............... :)
Should I not call him ID 10 T ???? :rolleyes:

Debbolas
08-10-2004, 01:32 PM
stop lol ;)