PDA

View Full Version : California Tax lein Auction

topless
08-03-2004, 09:30 AM
San Bernardino Tax collector is auctioning off property and the minimum bid is only 100.00. Here is the link
Tax Auction (http://www.co.san-bernardino.ca.us/ttc/tr/taxsale/taxsaleFramePage.htm)

Spotondl
08-03-2004, 10:19 AM
Over 2100 parcels sold in the last auction in May. Damn!!! Lotta peeps not paying their taxes....

copperrat20
08-03-2004, 10:33 AM
Those tax liens are a scam! I've been watching them since that site started. The county still auctions off the liens at the court in the mornings. Then whatever they don't sell "which is just junk" gets put on the site. I bought a piece of property yesterday on there for $1000. They said it was a 150' by 60' lot. It was in right off the 30 and the 215. I won it yesterday morning at 10:30 or 11:00. I went up last night with my sister in law who happens to be in the realestate business and we plotted it out. The lot I bought is a 20ft. by 30ft. piece of shit that somebody subdivided off of the back of there property. There is no way to get to it and it isn't worth a dime. I plotted out some other lots in the area which they say are prime realestate, and they aren't anything but single wide mobile home lots. I don't recommend buying anything from that site at all.:yuk:

LaveyJet
08-03-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by topless
San Bernardino Tax collector is auctioning off property and the minimum bid is only 100.00. Here is the link
Tax Auction (http://www.co.san-bernardino.ca.us/ttc/tr/taxsale/taxsaleFramePage.htm)
How do you know this stuff, work for the assessor?

copperrat20
08-03-2004, 10:42 AM
You can find it on any search engine. Key words, Calfornia Tax Lien Sales.

copperrat20
08-03-2004, 10:49 AM
If you read the fine lines which I did after I won the auction, it says that the gov./county it totally against selling the liens online but can't do a damn thing about it do to it being legal.
Sorry it takes so long for me to respond - I can only type with one hand. I totalled my truck on 7/20 and broke a bone in my left arm that makes it difficult for me to move my fingers.

topless
08-03-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by LaveyJet
How do you know this stuff, work for the assessor?
Heard it on the radio.

C-2
08-03-2004, 11:01 AM
On the other hand, in Riverside County, two lots sold in Canyon Lake for $13K. They are expected to sell for $50K-$65 per lot.
You have to be careful when bidding on tax-defaulted props. You need to be sure the parcels aren't emancipated (land locked - you can't get to the parcel without an easement from somebody else), and you need to know if there are any open liens or loans. Otherwise, you might buy yourself an upside down mortgage.
Sorry to hear about your hand.

Phat Matt
08-03-2004, 11:04 AM
I am sure there is money to be made on some of these properties. You would just have to go check out all the lots in person before you bid on them. I would have had I known about it sooner.