PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about car accidents. What is the worst you have been in and when?

copperrat20
08-03-2004, 11:08 AM
I am in the hurting mood so I figured I might as well talk about it. Right? So what is the worst accident you have been in and when. Or how many in lets say the past five years?

FMluvswater
08-03-2004, 11:28 AM
1993. Car was totalled. I was a passenger. Had my "ghetto blaster" on my lap and guy in a van came through the intersection when our light was still amber. He looked at us and slammed on his brakes and we went crashing into the side of the van. I had my seat belt on but my blaster gave me a fat lip. It was the night I left Ontario for here. It was winter already and the roads were icy. The intention was for Blake and I to drive from Ontario to Michigan through the states to WA and then back into British Columbia, Canada but the car was totalled. So he called up his parents just so happened it was his birthday they wired him money for a used second hand car. The "new" one was bigger. Much more comfy trip after that. Blake got some mighty strange looks everytime someone saw my fat lip, lol. Blake didn't sustain any injuries. The driver in the van didn't either he was just shaken up. The car looked like a squashed recycled aluminum can. :eek: When I got out of the car and saw what it looked like I was grateful all I got was a cut lip.

HCS
08-03-2004, 11:30 AM
I afraid to talk about this I might get jinxed.:eek:
Once into a fence.
Once into the back of a Mercedes, an old lady was driving in front
of me and hit the brakes for no reason.
SLAM!!!
Never been hurt.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
08-03-2004, 11:44 AM
I fell asleep driving about 15 yrs ago. Not drunk or anything, just really tired I guess. Hit the center divide (somewhere on the 405) then went across all lanes, up an enbankment and landed in emergency parking. Totalled my car and had a concussion. But somehow, managed not to hit any other cars. The first CHP to arrive was super mean to me and made me cry.:(

RiverOtter
08-03-2004, 11:45 AM
20 Years old. Cut a Telephone Pole in half. Walked away.

biggercb
08-03-2004, 11:56 AM
!4 years old, towing a grain auger behind a pickup from one farm to another, no sign, bridge was out, about 30 ft straight down.
1 brand new pickup= 10,000 (back then)
1 25ft. grain auger= 5,000
me= just a rash from the seatbelt
scared the hell out of me
when the truck landed it was in a creek upside down
water started rushing in and the next thing i remmeber is being on top of the bridge looking down thinking "that was ****ing awesome"

mirvin
08-03-2004, 11:59 AM
Couple years ago. Down hill in the rain, driving a Silverado. Big rig lost controll, t boned me, slammed me into the center divider and then 3 or 4 cars piled into me. Truck was totalled, everyone walked away a little bruised.
mirvin;)

topless
08-03-2004, 12:05 PM
I was 18 years old and on the way back from a wedding reception in my dads car. I was changing the 8 track (yes 8 track) and when I looked up, a cop was stopped right in front of me. I totalled both vehicles. The cop I hit was a really big 6'3" mean woman cop but at least I didn't get a ticket. All I suffered was a bruised chin from the steering wheel.

Dawn Patrol
08-03-2004, 12:34 PM
About 10 Years ago, I Ran a Red Light I didn't see, Bobtail truck coming off the Freeway broad sided me.
It rolled my truck and I walked away with only 8 stitches in my Dome. That Toyota T100 held up suprisely Great in the wreck.

copperrat20
08-03-2004, 12:39 PM
Nov. 1 2002, rearended on the 605 fwy. Not too bad of an accident. Injured my left shoulder, neck and back.
Thanksgiving same year, my girlfriend and I rolled my dunebuggy 3 times in the hard dirt not sand. Walked away with a couple cuts and bruises.
Feruary 2004, got rearended and pushed into two cars on the tustin ave. onramp to the 22 fwy in tustin. Walked away. Totaled truck.
July 20, 2004 - Turned eastbound onto katella ave. from Starbucks 7:15 am and some dumb ass immigrant does and illegal u-turn and darts in front of me. I t-bone him on the passenger side at 30mph. Total my truck and his. Cop writes him a ticket and finds him 100% at fault. I end up spending 4 days in the hospital. 4 broken ribs at the sternum and a fractured sternum. Broke bone in left arm causing me to type with one arm. Broke two bones in right foot. Arm and foot don't hurt compaired to the back pain. Now I have to go to a physical therapist practically permanently and have to take 500mg of vikadin ever 4 hours but not more than 4 times per day and 800mg of IB propen every 4 hours and some other pill that I don't even know the name of but it makes me sleepy. I had a bad month.

little rowe boat
08-03-2004, 12:45 PM
thankfully I haven't been in a T/C since I was a teenager,and even then it was pretty much a fender bender.I have seen many terrible T/C's,so I encourage everyone to wear your seatbelts,they do save lives.

Liberator TJ1984
08-03-2004, 12:52 PM
'78 2door Impala , at night hit a bull at 70+ ...I layed down across the seat area just before he took out the front end ,windshield and roof , just got banged up pretty bad
'70 Firebird ...wrapped around telephone pole...OK
'79 Camero ...hit "parked House":D don't ask..I swear it was moving
'78 Blazer ...hit oak tree...chipped tooth
'72 Cadillac...hit tree...ok
'68 440 Belvadere...took out Dead End road:rolleyes:
'94 Z-71...Took out 2 cows and several calves at 80+ or so
lets talk about motorcycles now...................:D

hd&boatrider
08-03-2004, 01:12 PM
Sorry to hear that. Hope you get well soon and don't have any lingering pain.
Originally posted by copperrat20
Nov. 1 2002, rearended on the 605 fwy. Not too bad of an accident. Injured my left shoulder, neck and back.
Thanksgiving same year, my girlfriend and I rolled my dunebuggy 3 times in the hard dirt not sand. Walked away with a couple cuts and bruises.
Feruary 2004, got rearended and pushed into two cars on the tustin ave. onramp to the 22 fwy in tustin. Walked away. Totaled truck.
July 20, 2004 - Turned eastbound onto katella ave. from Starbucks 7:15 am and some dumb ass immigrant does and illegal u-turn and darts in front of me. I t-bone him on the passenger side at 30mph. Total my truck and his. Cop writes him a ticket and finds him 100% at fault. I end up spending 4 days in the hospital. 4 broken ribs at the sternum and a fractured sternum. Broke bone in left arm causing me to type with one arm. Broke two bones in right foot. Arm and foot don't hurt compaired to the back pain. Now I have to go to a physical therapist practically permanently and have to take 500mg of vikadin ever 4 hours but not more than 4 times per day and 800mg of IB propen every 4 hours and some other pill that I don't even know the name of but it makes me sleepy. I had a bad month.

dorC
08-03-2004, 01:13 PM
I hit a flooded section of the road when traveling at night. The car hydroplaned and slide sideways into the ditch. The ditch was filled with ice and snow and I remember seeing it flying over the hood. The last thing I remember was the sound of breaking glass. Best we can tell, I was out for almost a half hour. Turns out the car hit a buried culvert with the left front wheel while going sideways. The tire hooked on the culvert, causing the car to flip/piroette through the air. I think it rolled 270 degrees through the air and landed on the passengers side/roof. I don't know if there was another turn in it or not. There may have been. The car ended up on the passenger side pointed in the opposite direction. The level of distruction to the car was incredible. The wheel was nearly ripped off the car. The passengers A piller was laid down flat, the trunk lid was stuffed into the back window. The side sheet metal wasn't even touched.
I got that car after I was rear ended on a snowy road. The kid wasn't paying attention and I saw him coming. I closed my eyes and he hit me. I opened them and saw a massive telephone pole in front of me. I closed my eyes, turned to the right and stabbed the throttle. I hit a cedar tree and took it off. The tree dumped it's load of snow on the windshield and I was blind. I stood on the brakes and went for a ride down a 50' embankment. I knew that there was a building at the bottom so I cringed for the third hit. I somehow missed the building and hit a construction trailer. I then pushed the trailer into a dump truck causing further damage. The kid hired a attorney and got off.
I got that car after my prior one was rear ended. The lady had just turned out behind me and must have looked down. I was braking hard for a car in front of me when I saw the station wagon sideways behind me. She hit me with her left rear quarter. Her car was fine but she totally maimed my Chevelle. I sold the parts off the car and scrapped it.

rrrr
08-03-2004, 01:18 PM
Went through a dip in an intersection...20 oz. Diet Coke became a fizz missile in the truck.... I was trying to chase it down....Left side tires brushed the curb and hooked the truck left onto the median...BIG effing concrete railroad bridge support stopped truck very efficiently.... Forty MPH to zero reeeeal quick.
No injuries. But I got a new diesel Ex..... :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/109Ouch_-med.jpg

gnarley
08-03-2004, 01:34 PM
1. 1978 as a sleeping passenger in my new Monza Spyder I was sleeping under the hatch. My buddy fell asleep at the wheel on north bound on HWY 1 south of Santa Barbra. The car rolled 5 times down a 100 foot embankment and we were not ejected. The CHP said we were the first to ever walk away from there!
2. 1981 broadsided a ford F450 tow truck in my 1968 corvette. My passenger had a map out and obstructed my view. The fiberglass blew up and I walked away. My fault :mad:
3.1992 broadsided a Chevy crew cab dually in my 1989 Beretta GTU. Torn ligaments in neck at C1 & C2. Told I was very lucky to not be paralyzed, car was totaled. His fault :mad:
4. 1994 got a flat tire before a turn and the rebuilt Beretta GTU slammed into an embankment totaling the car again and I broke my back at T 10-11-12 No fault :(

djunkie
08-03-2004, 01:44 PM
Launched my sandrail off of a dune back in 1998. Ended up in the hospital with a burst gaull bladder and all kinds of other internal injuries. Spent 7 wonderful days in the Intesive care unit at Barstow community hospital. Alive thanks to the the harnesses. Now I got a nice foot long scar on my belly as a reminder. Had to promise my parents I would stay away from the desert. So I went and bought a boat. Good trade off.

In2Deep
08-03-2004, 02:52 PM
...I'm keeping a list here of all of you I never want to drive with.
Talk about some bad luck.

Havasu Hangin'
08-03-2004, 03:11 PM
I hit a car hard enough to put a basketball-sized dent in the fender...with my head (no helmet).

copperrat20
08-03-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Havasu Hangin'
I hit a car hard enough to put a basketball-sized dent in the fender...with my head (no helmet).
:eek!: Details!!:)

topless
08-03-2004, 03:17 PM
That explains alot:eek: j/k:D

BBB
08-03-2004, 03:17 PM
OK I'll join in...
1983 driving my dad's brand new RX7. Leave a pizza joint after one beer (probably one the only Friday nights that I wasn't somewhat...ok ...totally hammered by midnight) pull out of the parking lot slam 2nd gear which breaks the rear end loose spinning me into oncoming traffic. I get hit in the rear by a car doing 45mph (turns out to be an old friend) and I am thrown into the rear hatch back window head first which crushes C1-C4 vertabrae in my neck.
Long long story short, I wake up after 14 days in a coma. Spend 20 days in ICU before I finally find out that I can still walk, whew! Get to wear one of those Eiffel tower looking Halo contraptions for 6 months and spend a total of 2.5 months in the hospital. In the end I lost the use of a portion of my deltoid muscle group and have a consistant buzz in my left arm. All in all not too bad considering that a slight miss handling by the EMTs or onlookers at the accident site would have laft me totally quad...
Two totalled street bikes and a rolled truck later, my lifelong lessons include, but are in no way limited to, never whining about paying my insurance (they'll never make their money back on me) and a deep resentment for those who abuse handicap parking just to get a bit closer to the mall!

Kilrtoy
08-03-2004, 03:21 PM
This explains alot :D

Kilrtoy
08-03-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by rrrr
Went through a dip in an intersection...20 oz. Diet Coke became a fizz missile in the truck.... I was trying to chase it down....Left side tires brushed the curb and hooked the truck left onto the median...BIG effing concrete railroad bridge support stopped truck very efficiently.... Forty MPH to zero reeeeal quick.
No injuries. But I got a new diesel Ex..... :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/109Ouch_-med.jpg
Guess you should have let the coke go and pulled to the curb....

summerlove
08-03-2004, 03:30 PM
Crashed my Porsche while in college. Drunk. No one injured except the car. Wake up call. Life learning lesson. 24 years ago.

Krazy K
08-03-2004, 03:32 PM
March 1990
I was enrolled at Wyoming Tech and a friend of mine invited me to him and his girlfriends place up in Casper. Take note that it was snowing and had light ice on the roads. Not only that, but I was driving my newly acquired '72 Chevelle. About 10 miles north of Cheyenne, we hit a patch of ice going over a bridge and start sliding. I hit my brakes and plow into the guardrail on the left, watch my hood buckle, spin around and stop facing the right guardrail. Luckily, we had just passed a snowplow so he radioed for help. I ended up getting a ticket for going to fast for the conditions. Eventually, I get it towed to the school and some classmates took it on as a job. Straightened out the frame as I looked for a replacement front clip minus the right fender. Ended up with a good radiator support and shroud, a blue hood and a light green fender. The car was burgundy. Had no grill and no bumper. After it was fixed, I drove it back home to California. Took me about 30 hours. Just pee breaks, gas and a few naps(wanted to get back to my girlfriend)
The car ran like that until about November when the tranny went out and sold it to upullit for $125.

Havasu Hangin'
08-03-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Kilrtoy
This explains alot :D
Can you say "Dain Bramage"?

Dr. Eagle
08-03-2004, 07:23 PM
1986 coming down from a cell site in the San Ramon area near Pleasanton. It had just finished raining and the grade I was on was about 15%. I was going about 15 mph, when I hit the bottom of the slope and a mud puddle, sending my truck out of control and into a telephone pole. That's right, I lost control at 15mph... but it was a dirt (mud) road. Not hurt and the truck was pretty bunged up, but driveable.
Caused about $3500 damage and the truck was worth just a little more than 1,000 more than that...

Debbolas
08-03-2004, 07:36 PM
You want to know ALL my car accidents?!:rolleyes:
1981 Lost control of mini truck and hit mercedes (minor)
1981 Pulled out into oncoming traffic and another car t-boned my mini truck. I had a couple stitches in my forehead. The guy that hit me had to have his jaw wired. After the accident these guys jump out of their car and run over to push my truck right side up. So I bounced around a little, why couldn't they let me be?
1982 I was re-ended by a station wagon...hit my head on the window
1987 I was re-ended driving to work. I was hit so hard I broke my seat. Major back problems following this accident. The poor kid that hit me was just trying to change the radio station.
1990 Our Suburban is parked out front of our house and a drunk illegal resident hits it. He is so drunk he keeps trying to drive away and then opens his wallet to try to pay us off (his wallet was empty) He had no insurance of course.
1990 Driving on the 10 we are re-ended by a family of illegals, no insurance, you know the drill......
Then Scream has had one, but I will let him tell you about it....

Dr. Eagle
08-03-2004, 07:44 PM
Crash <------------------------Debs new nick name........:D

Debbolas
08-03-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
Crash <------------------------Debs new nick name........:D
LOL:D
I know! I had a bad run of luck, eh?;)

Dr. Eagle
08-03-2004, 07:47 PM
Oh, did I call you crash... I'm sorry.... I can be such a bully sometimes... LOL......:D

Debbolas
08-03-2004, 07:55 PM
no, your just..................EVIL!!! ;)

Dr. Eagle
08-03-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Debbolas
no, your just..................EVIL!!! ;)
OK... I'm EVIL!!!...there are others that will call me what I said before... I guess I'm just a big meanie...:rolleyes:

Debbolas
08-03-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
OK... I'm EVIL!!!...there are others that will call me what I said before... I guess I'm just a big meanie...:rolleyes:
No your the nicest, Dr. Evil/Eagle I have never met, but posted to, that still has all of his posts intact!;)

Craig
08-04-2004, 04:05 AM
Long time ago, 1965, I was 6 yrs old. Sitting in the front seat of our 58 Oldsmobile, big car, all metal! Mom's driving, going to pick older Sis up at school. She was going around a corner too fast. Another car was coming the other way. She swerved, went off the road and hit a huge tree. I went into the windshield. Got 76 stitches in my face. Still remember it after all this time. Luckily most of the scars healed and faded away. Still some little ones around. That damn tree's still there :) Something to be said about cars with seatbelts!

chub
08-04-2004, 06:08 AM
Friday July 30th 2004
Kid pulled out in front of our 2004 Chevy Crew cab with only 7500 river miles on it. Mostly sheet metal damage and will be easily fixed.
93' brand new Chevy extended cab with about 3500 miles on it old fart runs a red folds up the front end.
See a pattern here?

Wally_Gator
08-04-2004, 06:19 AM
Couple of years ago,
Pulling out of a parking lot to turn left. Center median for open for turning. I pull into the median and stop to meet a guy running 35 trying to beat a left turn light 100 yards down the road. $6k in damage to my truck, including both airbags going off. Windows were shut and the pressure from the airbags caused the latch on one of the rear windows to break. No one hurt, his fault and some minor burns on my arms from the airbag.

rrrr
08-04-2004, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Debbolas
Then Scream has had one, but I will let him tell you about it....
Did it involve a propeller? :eek: :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
08-04-2004, 07:59 AM
knock on wood.. I have never been in a car accident.. I drive to fast.. Just ask RD:D :D

Debbolas
08-04-2004, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by rrrr
Did it involve a propeller? :eek: :D
No, we are talking Car Accidents here, not boat accidents!!lol;)

EliminatorJet
08-04-2004, 08:06 AM
I've never been in an accident, not even a close call that I can think of (knock on wood)

jackaroos
08-04-2004, 09:24 AM
Last year I wrecked a 2 week old Mercedes SLK 500 soft top some guy turned left in front of me and I t-boned him. Spent quite some time in the hospital for that one, now it is all left to the lawyers.......