PDA

View Full Version : Kerry / Bush - blocks away from each other

carbonmarine
08-03-2004, 12:54 PM
http://www.drudgereport.com/bk.jpg
Bush and Kerry will attend events just blocks away from each other in Iowa on Wednesday, campaign sources reveal.
The two will be so close, crowds will overlap!
Kerry will begin at 10 am at the Davenport RiverCenter.
During the same hour, Bush will hold a rally at LeClaire Park -- just three blocks away on the banks of the Mississippi River.
It was not immediatly clear which campaign followed the other. One top Bush source claims the president's Davenport event was set -- and Kerry changed his schedule.
Kerry's campaign points to Bush's recent, many visits to the state as a sign that Bush is having trouble there.

summerlove
08-03-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by carbonmarine
http://www.drudgereport.com/bk.jpg
Kerry's campaign points to Bush's recent, many visits to the state as a sign that Bush is having trouble there.
Me thinks Bush in trouble everywhere....:rolleyes:

carbonmarine
08-03-2004, 12:59 PM
Remember Summer, you have a bet in place and you will be
a registered GOP'er in no time here pretty quick...
Rick32:cool:

summerlove
08-03-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by carbonmarine
Remember Summer, you have a bet in place and you will be
a registered GOP'er in no time here pretty quick...
Rick32:cool:
Bet's on, results will be way diferent for you my good soon-to-be democratic friend!;)

MagicMtnDan
08-03-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by summerlove
Don't think SL, it will just get you in trouble :D
You won't see the candidates very much in many states because the contest (race) isn't about those states. For example, California is already liberalized to the point of exhausting us in the minority of sane people here who aren't radical lefties. California is already a "blue state" (electoral college votes will go to Kerry).
The Presidential race will be decided by the infamous "battleground states" like Iowa. So, no matter what the lefties like SummerLove tell you, Bush isn't in trouble - the race is close and both guys are fighting for those states.

mirvin
08-03-2004, 01:07 PM
I know this is WAY OUT THERE....but I've been hearing alot of talk from moderate Dems about overthrowing CAli!!!! THey've had it with the Loonies giving them a bad name and they know the only way to weed out the freaks is to turn the state to the right for a spell......
mirvin;)

summerlove
08-03-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by MagicMtnDan
So, no matter what the lefties like SummerLove tell you, Bush isn't in trouble - the race is close and both guys are fighting for those states.
Here's the facts - he's in touble......accept it.
Latest Bush Approval Ratings (http://www.pollingreport.com/BushJob.htm)
Sorry to add to this, but you'd think Bush would have a higher approval rating in the months prior to the election. As a consequence, I went back and looked up Clinton's approval rating AFTER he was impeached. This is what I found...:p
Poll: Clinton's approval rating up in wake of impeachment
December 20, 1998
(AllPolitics, December 20) -- In the wake of the House of Representatives' approval of two articles of impeachment, Bill Clinton's approval rating has jumped 10 points to 73 percent, the latest CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll shows.
That's not only an all-time high for Clinton, it also beats the highest approval rating President Ronald Reagan ever had.
Yea, I'd say he's in trouble.....on another note, I now know how the republicans felt about Clinton!
:D

Havasu_Dreamin
08-03-2004, 01:12 PM
Honestly, does anyone think Kerry will do that much of a better or worse job than Bush? They're all crooks and out for their own interests. It's not like the country is going to go down the drain with either of them in the White House. As I've stated before, and I will state again, not directed specifically at you SL, but why do people think it is a good thing to vote for someone that will assuredly raise their taxes?

summerlove
08-03-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Havasu_Dreamin
Honestly, does anyone think Kerry will do that much of a better or worse job than Bush? They're all crooks and out for their own interests. It's not like the country is going to go down the drain with either of them in the White House. As I've stated before, and I will state again, not directed specifically at you SL, but why do people think it is a good thing to vote for someone that will assuredly raise their taxes?
Basically, and I mean this, if Bush was leading us in the right direction both domestically and around the world, I'd probably vote for him. He had my vote when he delivered his speech to the joint session of congress on September 13th, 2001.
Since then, we have been lied to, mis led, and we aree no safer today than we were on Sept 10, 2001. Al Queda is still operating and apparantely doing so under our own noses. Osama is still in charge. We went to war for WMD's. VP Cheney is getting who knows what from his buddies over at Haliburton. The only one with a moral conscious in that admin is Powell, and where's he been - I think he's had a towel stuffed down his throat.

Havasu_Dreamin
08-03-2004, 01:23 PM
Basically, and I mean this, if Bush was leading us in the right direction both domestically and around the world, I'd probably vote for him. He had my vote when he delivered his speech to the joint session of congress on September 13th, 2001.
Since then, we have been lied to, mis led, and we aree no safer today than we were on Sept 10, 2001. Al Queda is still operating and apparantely doing so under our own noses. Osama is still in charge. We went to war for WMD's. VP Cheney is getting who knows what from his buddies over at Haliburton. The only one with a moral conscious in that admin is Powell, and where's he been - I think he's had a towel stuffed down his throat.
Which still brings me back to my first question, even though you did answer it, will Kerry do any better of a job? I really don't think so. I also don't think he'll do any worse of a job aside from raising my taxes. And all of that stuff you mentioned will continue to go on. It always has and always will. Perhaps I'm too cynical? :p

mirvin
08-03-2004, 01:25 PM
SO you're letting a bunch of "made up" propaganda influence your descisions???? THat's wierd. I don't fall for the bs coming from either side.
Fact is we are safer then we were on 9/11. Way safer. Heads have been rolling all over.....that's why I'm voting for Bush, ACTIONS, not words.
mirvin;)

summerlove
08-03-2004, 01:26 PM
Which still brings me back to my first question, even though you did answer it, will Kerry do any better of a job? I really don't think so. I also don't think he'll do any worse of a job aside from raising my taxes. And all of that stuff you mentioned will continue to go on. It always has and always will. Perhaps I'm too cynical? :p
At the risk of saying this, the top 1% of wage earnewrs taxes will go up under Kerry and the Middle class, if he carries outwhat he says, will receive a break. I don't get that break, but I'm still going his way in Nov.
I'd like to think he'll do a better job. Only time will tell. he certainly has the background in Public Service.

carbonmarine
08-03-2004, 01:37 PM
WRONG .... 200K you get fugg'in slammed ! and it will be retroactive..... til ??
So..... I dont think you lefties realize this, most folk's haven't but these fugg'in whacko's have been at war with us since Lebanon Marine Barracks got it and all the way up to 9/11.... So the whole 9/11 argument really doesnt hold anywater .... these same people have chased us around the world and to different continents... Africa, Asia, EU- Montenegro, Kosovo/ Yugoslavia and now here ... so open you eyes Bush was right to take it
too them. Every single young male that is blasted away over there has no chance to come here. Yes I said Blasted away.... as you saw what a blind cleric could do....
Rick32

Havasu_Dreamin
08-03-2004, 01:38 PM
he certainly has the background in Public Service.
But that is the problem, at least IMHO. All of the politicians nowadays are career politicians and they have no idea what the common man goes through on a daily/monthly/yearly basis. They are so far removed from reality that it is a joke. Am I jaded? :p

mirvin
08-03-2004, 01:51 PM
Thank you:D And what a disgusting embarrasment of a background it is. Um, have you seen his Senate voting records?.....? Or are you saying you agree with his voting record....?.....:D
mirvin

summerlove
08-03-2004, 02:22 PM
But that is the problem, at least IMHO. All of the politicians nowadays are career politicians and they have no idea what the common man goes through on a daily/monthly/yearly basis. They are so far removed from reality that it is a joke. Am I jaded? :p
Homer Simpson for President!:D

ROZ
08-03-2004, 02:33 PM
At the risk of saying this, the top 1% of wage earnewrs taxes will go up under Kerry and the Middle class, if he carries outwhat he says, will receive a break. I don't get that break, but I'm still going his way in Nov.
I'd like to think he'll do a better job. Only time will tell.
Face it, you're a hardline voter. Just like many republicans, you mark the box with your guy know matter who it is....
Please, don't get me started on public servents :(

summerlove
08-03-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by ROZ
Please, don't get me started on public servents :(
HEY Now.....;)

Jeanyus
08-03-2004, 02:59 PM
I hear a lot on how Bush lied. Heres a thought, what happened to all the thousands of literes of biological agents, that Sadam had? Did they pour it down the sink drains? Did they dump it in the river ? The UN only gave Sadam 8 years to hide the stuff.
Any one who thinks that it just dissapeared is not thinking striaght. And will vote for Kerry.
I don't think the democrats actually think Kerry will win, otherwise they could have come up with someone much better than him, couldent be that hard to do.
I think the Dems are saving thier big gun (Hillery) for 2008.
By the way if you cant get medical care in Louisiana, because no doctor will practice obstetrics in that state. You can thank Kerrys running mate

HighRoller
08-03-2004, 03:29 PM
I'm still wondering how people say Bush is in trouble. His poll numbers have been creeping up for months, and Senator Wheelchair's addition to the Dems ticket didn't help their numbers. Worse than that, the convention for a party usually produces a 5-10 point "bounce" for that party. The Dems got a 4 point DROP after their convention. Gee, imagine that. 4 days of filthy rich Gulfstream flying liberals saying how downtrodden the poor people are. Would they even recognize a poor person? Then to hear a man worth 500 million and a trial lawyer worth 100 million say they are going to take back the country from the "Super-Rich"? And give it to who???? The super billionaire filthy rich?:rolleyes:

summerlove
08-03-2004, 03:39 PM
Bush's approval rating is 47%. Clinton's after impeachment was 73%. Yea, I'd say he was in trouble. Face it HR, or continue to believe those little fiction stories you try and pass off as reality.
You're one of a kind, I'll tell you that!;)

Boatcop
08-03-2004, 03:51 PM
How many US interests (outside of Iraq) have been hit by Al Queda since 9/11?
What was Bush's response after the lone terrorist attack on US intersts during his Presidency?
How many US interests were hit during the 8 Clinton years?
What was Clinton's response to the numerous terrorist attacks on the US interests during his presidency?
After you answer those questions, ask yourselves "Are we safer now under President Bush?"
Then ask yourselves "Who does Osama, Saddam, Al Queda, and the rest of the international terrorists groups want to see in power in the US? George Walker Bush or John Heinz-Kerry?"
The economy is resurging after the inevitible drop from the inflated Clinton years that GWB inherited, and the shock of 9/11.
Home ownership is at an all time high. The GDP is at an all time high. The economy is in excellent shape and getting better.
What do you think will happen to it when Kerry puts our safety and the fight against terrorism in the hands of the corrupt UN, who padded their pockets by skimming the Iraq Oil for Food program.
The leftys only want one thing. Bush out of office. If Kerry is the best that they have, I have a feeling that the Democratic Party is in sorry ass shape.

mirvin
08-03-2004, 04:14 PM
That's why I can't bring myself to be worried about Kerry. THey have no platform. All they can say is "WMD" and "lied" and it's just stupid. Oh, "the deficit schmeficit"!!! Yeah? It's called fighting a war pinheads. "But war is bad". Yes, yes it is.........
mirvin;)